Thread: Hawkes Bay mechanic needed

Bike
    96 Muz Skorpion Sport

Hawkes Bay mechanic needed

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I was on here.

Im looking for a Hawkes Bay based bike mechanic keen for a bit of perk work on fixing up some engine issues with a CF Moto side by side I have here. The engine needs to be removed from the frame and inspected, I know the cam shaft retaining clip is missing and the timing has jumped because of that, the retaining clip may be sitting in the sump or may have been removed by someone (bike came to me like this). The running gear may need a look over too as some of the bolts are half pulled out so someone has been in there for some reason!

Im happy to go away and find the parts needed but I ideally want someone that can do a basic strip the engine down, tell me what I need and then put it back together once I get the parts. Obviously happy to pay for time etc.

SxS can be worked on here on my driveway, or I can drop it off somewhere if you have the space to work on it.

Other than the engine the rest of the bike seems in mostly good shape so it would be nice to get it up and running again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qwz17MgVMa4p58kk6

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Try BikeTech, they may be able to help.
    As for parts, Paul at Ag and Auto in Balclutha are the go for CFMoto gear

I can diagnose it for you and am local, but cannot commit the time to fix it, if it's a Rotax twin copy it has likely stretched the timing chains, these can be done with the engine in situ and from memory it's usually the front that let's go due to poor oiling on the tensioner, and luckily thats the easy one to replace
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information