Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Suzuki V-strom 250 SX Released

Bike
    2011, Mikilon D7 250

2022 Suzuki V-strom 250 SX Released

The new 2022 Suzuki V-strom 250 SX Released. Should be good old fellas / budget / learner / commuter for NZ. Off-road riding would appear be out, due to only having 120-125 mm of suspension travel.

As you would expect, it's based on our current Suzuki GSX250 faired and naked models. If priced right it should do OK in NZ. Unfortunately the last V-strom 250 here was an overweight / over priced wallowing pig. The Indian pricing puts it just under the Royal Enfield Himalayan. eg Him 2.60 Lakh vs Suz 2.49 Lakh, although I'm sure those prices will vary between various reviews and Websites.

Most interesting, the dash has heaps of features, see the YT video below.

Suzuki India Info...

https://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/p...ils/v-strom-sx

Youtube Video Pic's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPN1zg2prvs

Regards Kevin

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Mmm. Looks to be on the money, both literally and figuratively.

I don't know how successful the VStrom 250 was for Suzuki NZ but if they can price this well, which they have good form in doing, then it should be a good seller for them.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    OMG! Who would have thought the DR Big 750 styling would reappear? And look better for it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I wonder what sort of power and weight figures it'll have? I rather like the DR Big-esque styling TBH.

Not so sure about the orange though

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    For an adventure bike, ie, one you would expect to carry good luggage plus maybe some tools etc, surely at 250cc it would be massively underpowered for the majority of people? Esp for any long distance road sections?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It's clearly a styling exercise to encourage new riders that may then move onto bigger Suzuki.

That said as an urban learner tool it will be far better suited than the gawdawful mini cruisers and more practical than the cool but hard to keep on the boil 4s of a 90s origin.

Heck that wouldn't be a bad commuting option for a city bound suburbanite.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Looks identical mechanically to the locally available GSX250RLZ ($5000) but with some extra refinements.

https://www.suzuki.co.nz/motorcycles...x250rlz/street

If you want the faired sporty version you have to pay another $1000.

An adventure-y version will probably be dearer again (if the Kawasaki Versys x300 and BMW G310GS are anything to go by at $9000 plus.) So I’m going to say $7000, which while still undercutting the competition, might be getting a bit dear for what it is.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    And looks like they are bringing it in, no price yet however.

https://www.suzuki.co.nz/motorcycles...50sx/adventure
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Price is indeed $7000, so in line with the other models using the same engine etc.

- The Simpsons

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Gosh. The last 250 I bought (yesterday) was Twice that! Seems like a good deal.

If only it didn't have a 4 stroke engine. . .

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Price is indeed $7000, so in line with the other models using the same engine etc.

I guess Suzuki are marketing this more for the EU, UK and Asian markets where I guess they sell more bikes in a month than they sell here in a year.

However, I'd like to see Suzuki make a 400, or there abouts, V-Strom as I think there would be a greater market for a 400 in NZ than a 250... though I suspect that Suzuki HQ don't think what would be good here is very important in their sales planning. I wonder how well a 250 would cope with the open road whereas a 400 would probably be a better bet on 100km/h road.

So when this arrives Suzuki will have 250, 650, 800 and 1050 versions - wonder how long the 650 will last? OK, a 650 can be a LAM bike but so could a 400.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    The electronic display on this thing appears to cater for phone calls, and other entertainment options - just what a learner needs to be able to do - make phone calls or select music tracks while dealing with road hazards
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    What it really needs is a modern RGV250 engine, so competition for the TDR 30 yrs too late, but have you seen the price of the Yamaha lately? Greta be gone.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    The electronic display on this thing appears to cater for phone calls, and other entertainment options - just what a learner needs to be able to do - make phone calls or select music tracks while dealing with road hazards
    A lot of entry level bikes have this as standard now.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I don't think this model is that well spec'ed, the only mention of a smartphone in the brochure is in connection with the USB port.

I think KTM and BMW are doing TFT screens on similar models with higher price points, you'd need one of those at least for that kind of integration.
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information