Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congestion Charge

Bike
    Honda

Congestion Charge

With a possible cross party agreement on a congestion charge coming this decade to our 2 biggest cities, it would be interesting if motorcyclist were exempt like they are in London.

Motorcyclist currently have free parking in several carparks in Auckland CBD as well as the use of many bus lanes.

Below is an analyst technical forcast should this come to pass.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Say it like it is Govt ,another TAX !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Here they Laborious come! Yet another , "Not a tax!" Fucking lying barstards.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    77 XL250
    The Gnats are all over this too. A new tax to be farmed off to private companies to administer? The bastards all want this, but don't want to be seen as the ones to bring it in.
    I bet anything it will apply to everything but bicycles - more about the 'Charge' than the 'Congestion'.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    It seems they plan to roll it out in stages.... translation we don’t want to lose to many votes in election year.
    No mention of how it will be policed... so either Be plate recognition cameras (which would partially explain slow rollout) or the new My Driver Licence App which will be part of the next covid tracer app update. Remember how much Jacinda raved about don’t delete it even though you don’t have to use it anymore....
    Anyhow $3.50 is nothing, really it would need to be $20 a time to have impact.
    Also explains the campaign about securing your number plates against theft....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Honda
    Was it $3.50 in peak traffic in and $3.50 to go home?

$30 per week sounds right to force you out of the car.

I'd expect it to be closer $50 per week by the time it's introduced in a few years with inflation

My main question is will Motorcycles be exempt like London, that would work, I commute on my motorcycle rain ,hail or global warming.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Here they Laborious come! Yet another , "Not a tax!" Fucking lying barstards.
    Settle down guys. This was oiginally a Nats idea. If everybody wants to drive and clog up the streets fine. There may be a cost though.
    In London's scheme bikes were apparently exempt. Here's hoping, but don't hold yer breath.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    It was on the good
    Auckland.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Auckland.

And Wellington, once Auckland is under way. But $3.50 for two hours? You could spend that long trying to get to where you're going. Then another $3.50 to escape again.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    We saw much the same debate when it was introduced into London a while back. The biggest issue is that it forces those on lower incomes to look elsewhere and those who can afford it don't change their travel patterns.

Another aspect to this is the recent cut in fuel duty - The powers-that-be have to recoup that money somehow I guess.

The key to this is offering a genuinely useful and affordable public transport system. That's where London scores as you can get around pretty easily, and fairly inexpensively, via the tube, train and bus systems. Auckland? Less so

Bikes are exempt in London and they've made efforts to make parking less expensive for them too. Hopefully they follow the same pattern in Auckland.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    And Wellington, once Auckland is under way. But $3.50 for two hours? You could spend that long trying to get to where you're going. Then another $3.50 to escape again.
    i'd gladly pay that to escape the shithole auckland

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i'd gladly pay that to escape the shithole auckland
    I'll take the capitalist congested shit hole of Auckland than the blue haired communist capital of Wellington.

Bike
    It was on the good

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Fuck your guys towns! Here in the far north we even have enough room for the motox boys on the roads! And given the state of some of them, you just about need one!
    Kamo for the win!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda
    No, no you guys have me all wrong.

I think Wellington is a very beautiful city compared to Auckland, in fact I have fond memories of $2 drink nights in Courtney place in the late 90s.

I'm just saying Auckland supports New Zealand's economy with:
    Ports of Auckland
    Auckland Airport
    South Auckland economic industrial power house
    New Zealand stock exchange
    Waikato, Canterbury, Southland and the Region's support the economy with Farming, Tourism, Seafood exports.

Wellington has a Ferry,A museum and a single red Tram that serves no purpose to traffic congestion.

Yet they are the highest paid workers in the country and the wider Wellington region live off the bureaucrats tax payers excess fat.

Thread Information