Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: David Seymour

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    OK, I know polls are not worth the cyber server space they are stored on, but the latest one has seymour plummeting somewhat.
    I now wonder if I should swallow a dead rat and party vote act to do my bit to keep winston out as it would be absolute chaos with nat/act/win coalition, or piss away a vote on labor, who I'm also deeply unimpressed with. Decisions decisions.

When writing this post I spelt seymours name wrong and I just had to share with you all what my spell checker suggested as the correction - gold

In the latest poll:

National was at 35.9%
    Labour was at 27.9%
    The Greens were at 10.6%
    And ACT was down to 9.1%
    Te Pāti Māori would bring in more MPs, with 3.7% - as long as it wins an electorate.

That would shape Parliament with:
    National overtaking Labour, taking 46 seats in the House.
    Labour returning with 35 seats.
    The Greens bringing in a few extra MPs, with 13 seats.
    ACT returning with 12 seats.
    Te Pāti Māori more than doubling its share, with five seats.
    And NZ First mounting a comeback, gaining nine seats.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    OK, I know polls are not worth the cyber server space they are stored on, but the latest one has seymour plummeting somewhat.
    I now wonder if I should swallow a dead rat and party vote act to do my bit to keep winston out as it would be absolute chaos with nat/act/win coalition, or piss away a vote on labor, who I'm also deeply unimpressed with. Decisions decisions.

When writing this post I spelt seymours name wrong and I just had to share with you all what my spell checker suggested as the correction - gold

In the latest poll:

National was at 35.9%
    Labour was at 27.9%
    The Greens were at 10.6%
    And ACT was down to 9.1%
    Te Pāti Māori would bring in more MPs, with 3.7% - as long as it wins an electorate.

That would shape Parliament with:
    National overtaking Labour, taking 46 seats in the House.
    Labour returning with 35 seats.
    The Greens bringing in a few extra MPs, with 13 seats.
    ACT returning with 12 seats.
    Te Pāti Māori more than doubling its share, with five seats.
    And NZ First mounting a comeback, gaining nine seats.
    I find it interesting that all the what some would call extreme left or right minority parties are all at ten percent or much less.
    And how many of them are protest votes like yours somewhat.
    Seymour’s mistake was his childish dismissal of Winston. Kiwis don’t like you bagging other people even if they don’t like the other guy. We want to hear about how things will be fixed. Seymour got a bit punchdrunk on his successful rise and stopped thinking…
    I find it interesting how Maori party is starting to disappear. Every time that Waititi fella talks he just comes across as more extreme and everything is about them and not New Zealand. Same with tamihere who used to sound quite promising.
    17% of pipulation but struggling to get 4% vote.
    John key put out a good message everyone needs to vote. A lot of people won’t bother to vote if they think their party will win anyway. And at the other end it’s also been proven people won’t waste a vote on a party they think will lose so they might vote for a minor party. So even if I was Luxon I wouldn’t be confident what will play out.
    Interestingly I was watching the state owned news channel by accident and they edited the minor leaders debate highlights in quite biased fashion. Wonder how many watch the debate full vs news and should this type of editing be allowed.
    Winston’s latest gig is to reopen Marsden point for energy security, that’s gotta be worth a few votes.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Winston’s latest gig is to reopen Marsden point for energy security, that’s gotta be worth a few votes.
    How does winston imagine he's going to do that? Planning on nationalising the refinery? t's a privately owned asset with BP, Mobil and Z Energy as major shareholders

"The Refinery assets were transferred by the Government to the New Zealand Refining Company Limited, a consortium of the five major petrol retailers. BP, Mobil and Z Energy are currently major shareholders." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsde...t_Oil_Refinery
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Well, they say ignorance is bliss, so I must be really fuggen happy, but I not long ago found that nz actually produces very high grade oil in the taranaki. All of it gets exported. Pull a zimbabwei on the owners arses and move marsdon point refinery equipment to the Taranaki and refine nz oil for nz'ers and get us independent of the evil oil cartels. I simply do not even see the beginning of having the infrastructure to go full EV for a great many years.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Well, they say ignorance is bliss, so I must be really fuggen happy, but I not long ago found that nz actually produces very high grade oil in the taranaki. All of it gets exported. Pull a zimbabwei on the owners arses and move marsdon point refinery equipment to the Taranaki and refine nz oil for nz'ers and get us independent of the evil oil cartels. I simply do not even see the beginning of having the infrastructure to go full EV for a great many years.
    I knew we had very good oil and it always puzzled me why we import so much. You have hit on what is on my mind, resilience.

The contenders for Miss New Zealand 2023 are either offering us a better bank balance gained from foreign investment and social / infrastructure cuts or a better place to live, regardless of how screwed up you are, with less houses than hoped and cheaper fruit. Maybe.

Nobody is talking about the shit fight which is inexorably coming our way, just trying to get votes with dumb slogans and soundbites.

I have no idea how to vote, not a Statesman or spine amongst them.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thats been (pretty) common knowlege for a long time. Reasoning that I saw was that the very high quality Taranaki crude earns more than it costs to import and refine lower grade stuff. The difference goes to the shareholders.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Taranaki oil is high grade light machine oil not suitable to refine for fuel.

There is no refining equipment to bring down from Marsden Point. It's all been scrapped. Which is also why Marsden Point cannot be reopened. Also because the first thing they did was pump concrete into the pipes.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    That seems to be what it's coming down to, if there's going to be a change of government or Labour have really pissed you off and can't stomach voting National, then go Act to keep Winston out.

Act are still tending towards their traditional leave the less fortunate to work harder or starve, and remove restrictions on businesses wanting to exploit the environment and their workers
    National are trying to buy votes with a bit more cash for those who don't need it, and better roads to get you and your SUV to your holiday home faster.
    Labour seem to be circling the fishbowl on their side, while proposing a bunch of inconsequential things they've had 6 years to do but haven't
    Greens favourite policy is wealth tax (more or less eat the rich), taxing you on the value of the thing you own, that you bought with money that had already been income and GST taxed
    Maori party appear to be wanting to introduce apartheid, with different policies and privileges depending on your ethnicity.
    TOP are a bit vague on everything, but it has been suggested they could make parliament by having a good electorate candidate.

It's unfortunate that the McGillicuddy Serious Party doesn't still exist, they'd probably do quite well this time around due to a lack of viable alternatives
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    It's unfortunate that the McGillicuddy Serious Party doesn't still exist, they'd probably do quite well
    Their policy of "The Great Leap Backwards" (ie a forcible return to a Jacobean lifestyle) still appeals
    =mjc=

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Thats been (pretty) common knowlege for a long time. Reasoning that I saw was that the very high quality Taranaki crude earns more than it costs to import and refine lower grade stuff. The difference goes to the shareholders.
    The plant that was there in the naki was the natural gas to Methanol to High octane petrol plant.
    it was for a start 75% owned by the GOvt.

Also known as Synfuel, a holding company established as a joint venture by the New Zealand Government in order to build the Motunui synthetic fuel plant in Taranaki, as part of the 'Think Big' projects of the 1980s. The government owned 75% of the company and Mobil Oil New Zealand Ltd, the plant builder and operator, held the other 25%.

The government sold its shareholding in Synfuel to Fletcher Challenge Corporation in 1990; subsequently ownership passed to Methanex Corporation of Canada.

The company was renamed Methanex Motonui Limited on 8 April 1993 and Methanex New Zealand Limited in January 2016.
    Together, the facilities can produce up to 6,500 tonnes of methanol a day..
    Pretty sure it just exports methanol now
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    That seems to be what it's coming down to, if there's going to be a change of government or Labour have really pissed you off and can't stomach voting National, then go Act to keep Winston out.

Act are still tending towards their traditional leave the less fortunate to work harder or starve, and remove restrictions on businesses wanting to exploit the environment and their workers
    National are trying to buy votes with a bit more cash for those who don't need it, and better roads to get you and your SUV to your holiday home faster.
    Labour seem to be circling the fishbowl on their side, while proposing a bunch of inconsequential things they've had 6 years to do but haven't
    Greens favourite policy is wealth tax (more or less eat the rich), taxing you on the value of the thing you own, that you bought with money that had already been income and GST taxed
    Maori party appear to be wanting to introduce apartheid, with different policies and privileges depending on your ethnicity.
    TOP are a bit vague on everything, but it has been suggested they could make parliament by having a good electorate candidate.

It's unfortunate that the McGillicuddy Serious Party doesn't still exist, they'd probably do quite well this time around due to a lack of viable alternatives
    You’re right about Labour not managed to do a damn thing of consequence compared to promises.

Our exporters need good roads though, airplanes and ships have cut off times for export freight. We are a small player so we need to make up our appeal by having great service getting products to export customers on time. That means good roads for all parts of the supply chain and even allowing workers a better work life balance with faster transport optioned.

Labour and National are both to scared to lose their traditional base by fronting the bold policies we need to improve.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The plant that was there in the naki was the natural gas to Methanol to High octane petrol plant.
    it was for a start 75% owned by the GOvt.
    Pretty sure it just exports methanol now
    Yes but the OP was about moving the Marsden Point refinery to Taranaki, and why does the Taranaki crude get exported rather than refined here.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Yes but the OP was about moving the Marsden Point refinery to Taranaki, and why does the Taranaki crude get exported rather than refined here.
    I was pointing out that we used to produce fuel their from methane.
    this is what is said about naki oil
    1. Oil
    High quality 'sweet' and ‘light’ condensates that predominate in NZ conditions find premium prices on the international market, and are almost entirely exported - mostly to refineries in Australia and Singapore, where it is refined into petroleum.
    ‘Sweet’ means our oil is relatively free of sulfur compounds, and ‘light’ means it flows freely and is light in colour – a relatively pure oil.
    I'd personally suggest its more about scale of production and closeness of end users than any unsuitability of the oil.
    its likely bended with lower grade oil overseas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information