Thread: Old North Road upgrade

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Old North Road upgrade

I rode back into West Auckland yesterday along Old North Road for the first time since the upgrades at the Riverhead end were completed. The road itself is great - the smooth asphalt is in marked contrast to some other sections of the road.

But what were they thinking when they filled the new drainage ditches alongside the road with large rocks? Ditches are enough of a roadside hazard on their own!

Hard to believe this was done by the same AT that is slashing speed limits all over Auckland.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Report it with pictures and question how this works with their Safer Roads strategy that is supposed to reduce/remove roadside furniture.
    If they ignore it, then it's on record when the inevitable incident happens, and you can send it to the media and let them have a field day...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I rode back into West Auckland yesterday along Old North Road for the first time since the upgrades at the Riverhead end were completed. The road itself is great - the smooth asphalt is in marked contrast to some other sections of the road.

But what were they thinking when they filled the new drainage ditches alongside the road with large rocks? Ditches are enough of a roadside hazard on their own!

Hard to believe this was done by the same AT that is slashing speed limits all over Auckland.

do you want roads made from mattreses too?

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Report it with pictures and question how this works with their Safer Roads strategy that is supposed to reduce/remove roadside furniture.
    If they ignore it, then it's on record when the inevitable incident happens, and you can send it to the media and let them have a field day...
    Will do. I'll point out how dangerous it is for cyclists, which should get some action!

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    like the cheesecutters placed down the north flank of the brynderwyns
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Thread Information