Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flip front helmets - Recommendations needed

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Had a Caberg Duke but have gone back to Nolan because Nolan use a small and a large helmet shell whereas Caberg only use one and I found the Caberg not as compact as the Nolan. The Caberg felt a size too big though it was the correct size, just the shell size gave that feeling.
    Good point - Hadn't thought of that. I'll be looking to purchase in the new year once all the Xmas Hoobaloo has quietened down. I did own a Caberg years back int he UK - It was a comfy helmet but a bit noisy from memory.

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    I had one of the original Caberg Justismo's in the UK and agree about it being noisy. My current one is much better. It's a Duke II Legend. It's certified as a full face with the face shield down, but also as an open face with the face shield locked in the raised position. Most flip ups don't have this.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Just going back a few years, BMW helmets were made in the Schuberth factory. We had C2 Schuberths at that time, but found that the mechanism wasn't really up to the demands of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week being pulled up and down every time someone got a talking to. We went to BMW Series 6 helmets in about 2009 or 2010, and the mechanism seemed more robust. I personally have a couple of Series 6 which I look after, and they have lasted very well.

However, since then, a mate has been using a newish Schuberth C3 Pro, and has had no problems at all with it. Loves it.

Schuberth and BMW charge like wounded bulls, and it's not easy to find one to try on, but I've had a good run with my BMW ones.

If I was replacing now I would look at the Shoei, as it can have an integrated intercom, rather than one that just clips on the side.

Not that I am much of an authority on it. My latest stint as an instructor basically turned me off riding. It just became a job. So my bike and gear sits in the garage gathering dust.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Try buy something light and small as an antidote to big heavy barges. Should put the excitement back into riding when it's not mounting some 250kg whale.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    This looks like a useful review of most modular helmets currently available, for product research purposes.

Thread Information