Thread: Question: Auckland MV Agusta owners, where do you get your bike serviced?

Bike
    MV Agusta Brutale 1090R 2015

Question: Auckland MV Agusta owners, where do you get your bike serviced?

I bought a second hand MV from Cyclespot a few years ago when they were actively an MV dealer, and things were fine.
    Now that they aren't a dealer anymore, they're not very helpful for servicing (plus they've moved which is annoying)
    MV as a company is pretty useless to deal with, and doesn't ever get back to me.

I have seen a couple of other bikes here in Auckland...usually the newer 800cc models, so assume that some local riders must also need to have their bikes serviced.

Looking for recommendations on who might be good?
    Either for regular general maintenance, or for major work like valve clearances

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Any bike workshop can do a service, incl the valves. If you have mates who ride and get their bikes serviced by a shop, take a recommendation from them?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    suzuki
    Aiden at Restorace

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Not Auckland, but another good option: https://www.tr20.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    I love websites that dont tell you where they are located....or make it very hard to find an actual physical address.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1/32 man View Post
    I love websites that dont tell you where they are located....or make it very hard to find an actual physical address.
    Same, I almost always disregard such sites no matter what they are selling. If they have not got enough confidence and transparency to list where and who they are, then why the fuck should I have any faith in them.

Bike
    One with 2 wheels
    Says at the bottom of the "contact us" page that they are in Tirau and has a phone number and email address, what else do you need?

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I've used TR20 in the past for work on my MVs. They are knowledgable though being located where they are you'll need to be flexible with timings for your servicing.

They aren't cheap but they know what they are doing. This is one of the downsides of MV ownership I'm afraid. I too had to deal with the importer to try and get some warranty issues resolved on my Turismo Veloce a year or two back. Absolutely ruddy useless they were - Which is what made it an easy decision to sell the bike when I needed to liberate some funds to help fund a career break last year.

Thread Information