Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boring Numbers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Or, oooh, this corner is dangerous, lets spend millions re-engineering it, cutting away the bank etc. Great, now people crash on the 2nd most dangerous corner...
    That right there is gold.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Partially agree, but I'd upgrade intersections with bad visibility as easy wins to improve for real world benefits.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Indeed.

I know plenty of old bikers, well, lets say mature and greying, who ride the same roads and the same style of bikes. They are all good riders with a coffee or a beer in their hand. But it's a different story watching them on the road. Some of them are bloody scary.
    A recent post berated someone on a CBR for crossing and leaning over the centre line. Very common...

Unknowingly I was in this category until I became involved in some training a few years ago. Had my original licence which was carved into a clay tablet and regarded myself as a good average rider. Cobblers, I was pants. Road craft was ok but handling skills and knowledge of bike control was shockingly poor to my mind.

I got trained up ASAP and continue to try and improve my riding.

Should be compulsory - further training. You don't know what you don't know.
    I was in the category that GF refers to until I started Police Roadcraft training in 2012. Quite an initial blow to the ego. Having retired from riding in March, all those Roadcraft skills are directly transferrable to 4 wheels which will hopefully keep me safe until I can no longer drive.

Oh, and as of later this week, I'll be back on 2 wheels - an electric mountain bike Have had to wait for 4 months because of supply chain problems.

Cheers!

Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	js46_Talon_E__6714.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	274.0 KB 
ID:	351265  

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Or, oooh, this corner is dangerous, lets spend millions re-engineering it, cutting away the bank etc. Great, now people crash on the 2nd most dangerous corner... Meanwhile, plenty of flushing and poorly maintained roads abound right across the country.
    yeah watched that on SH1 between bulls and Waiouru for decades, every time they straightened a bad bi the next bit became deadly, prior to that thos who got through the first one would look out for the next and think.

Thread Information