Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware near Teslas (if they allow autopilot in NZ)

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    FSD isn't available outside north America, and only a select number have access to it for development and testing.

So it's impossible for Teslas to drive on rural or inner city roads in NZ by itself, some do have hands free motorway similar to hands free cruise control if it alows you.

There was an early version of self parking which some modern cars already have.
    Seems we have had it since june?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38C86C8C-B5F6-4DDE-981F-BE1C2FBB0DD2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	363.4 KB 
ID:	351540  
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    This is pretty wrong
    https://hackernoon.com/all-you-need-...-supercomputer

it uses old video data to train and still uses camera data for responses.
    No

It uses Tesla vision, which like the human analysis's what it's looking at, Dojo is it's artificial intelligence neural systems, and makes the decision there and then .

Dojo is basically a creation of the human mind.

It's learning like a child, the data it's using from Tesla drivers around the world and NZ is being sent back to Tesla and I presume downloaded into Dojo.

Ps I didn't read your link, I'm not an AI expert, I just prefer knowing what I'm investing my capital into.

I prefer understanding my information from the primary source, Tesla itself.

Not a link that has smiling emoji's at the end of every paragraph.

Bike
    husaberg
    No

It uses Tesla vision, which like the human analysis's what it's looking at, Dojo is it's artificial intelligence neural systems, and makes the decision there and then .

Dojo is basically a creation of the human mind.

It's learning like a child, the data it's using from Tesla drivers around the world and NZ is being sent back to Tesla and I presume downloaded into Dojo.

Ps I didn't read your link, I'm not an AI expert, I just prefer knowing what I'm investing my capital into.

I prefer understanding my information from the primary source, Tesla itself.

Not a link that has smiling emoji's at the end of every paragraph.
    if you read my link you would know you were wrong.
    A fool and his money.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Seems we have had it since june?
    You have the option to pre purchase it now, it doesn't mean your able to use it outside of North America.

It's also illegal to not to be in full control of your vehicle.

When it's released in its entirety, it "may" only be available as a subscription.

This will be the end game for many automotive manufacturers, unless they lease the technology of Tesla.

As many are beginning to lease the Teslas super charging network to charge there inferior EVs.

Bike
    Honda
    if you read my link you would know you were wrong.
    A fool and his money.......
    I have made a substantial return on my capital since 2019.

It was painful that year of 2019 and did feel like a fool when Elon was smoking weed, and the company was bleeding money,
    Now Tesla has free cash flow in the billions, and projected to have 10s of billions in free cash flow in the coming years, with a stock buy back on the cards because of too much money.

I currently have had a return of over %1000 .

So who's foolish now?

Bike
    husaberg
    I have made a substantial return on my capital since 2019.

It was painful that year of 2019 and did feel like a fool when Elon was smoking weed, and the company was bleeding money,
    Now Tesla has free cash flow in the billions, and projected to have 10s of billions in free cash flow in the coming years, with a stock buy back on the cards because of too much money.

I currently have had a return of over %1000 .

So who's foolish now?

Teslas don't use cameras, they use a new technology in a micro chip called Dojo.

It's an artificial intelligence neural technology based off the human eye and it's ability to transfer it's information to the brain, the Dojo technology works in that way and is almost complete.

It's design will make it millions more times safer and faster than the human animal, were to slow to react to a motorcyclist pulling out from a blind spot, the technology will see through the blind spot.

It would most likely be about 2025 onwards before being accepted around the world and there governor road bodies.
    This is pretty wrong
    https://hackernoon.com/all-you-need-...-supercomputer

it uses old video data to train and still uses camera data for responses.
    Transitioning to Tesla Vision
    We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built from June 2022 for the New Zealand market now utilise our camera-based Tesla Vision, which relies on Tesla’s advanced suite of cameras and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot and related features.
    Tesla's AI self-driving feature is made of neural networks which are trained on millions of video data so it can become better (remember the more data, the better the AI), and these millions of video data easily become big data and so using GPUs would be inefficient and distributed computing would be great but to train AI on data as big as millions of data videos which are updated daily you'd need a lot of computers as essentially distributed computing is just sharing processing work between a lot of computers and so tesla decided that building a supercomputer would be more efficient both tech-wise and cost-wise and so the Dojo supercomputer was born
    The Dojo is a supercomputer built by tesla to train its AI deep neural networks and Machine Learning algorithms.
    it goes smoothly the self-driving AI is taking note of its surroundings using an inbuilt camera and sending that video back to Tesla's servers so that data can be used to train it more and in so that way the more people who use the self-driving AI, the more it gets better.
    Now back to the Dojo, in theory, when the video data gotten from the car is sent back to Tesla's servers, the Dojo supercomputer then gets hold of that data and uses it to train the neural network which powers the Tesla self-driving AI.
    https://www.tesla.com/en_NZ/support/...g-tesla-vision

Lets you are quoting technology as being something it is not and refuse to actually read what it is.
    Yeah what was i thinking, that's really smart....
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Honda
    lets you are quoting technoolgly as being something it is not and refuse to actually read what it is.
    Yeah what was i thinking thats really smart....
    I prefer to filter what I read, reading actual facts advances ones knowledge base.

Bike
    Honda
    I prefer to filter what I read, reading actual facts advances ones knowledge base.
    I tend to reply relatively quickly, because I already understand what I'm posting about, hence I'm not doing a quick Google search on a topic I absolutely know nothing about.

Bike
    husaberg
    You are an idiot who refuses to admit he is wrong.
    Feel free to Read into that what you will.
    Reply to yourself a few more times how smart you are. You will be sure to get the feedback you crave.

Personally i wouldnt believe what that psychopath musk says either. but what he says does not back up what you think.
    https://electrek.co/2020/08/17/elon-...supercomputer/
    n fact, CEO Elon Musk took to Twitter this weekend to try to help recruit people for the program at Tesla:
    Tesla is developing a NN training computer called Dojo to process truly vast amounts of video data. It’s a beast! Please consider joining our AI or computer/chip teams if this sounds interesting.”
    Furthermore, the CEO hinted at the computing power of the Dojo computerr:
    he says the opposite of what you do about what dojo is.....

Teslas don't use cameras, they use a new technology in a micro chip called Dojo.

It's an artificial intelligence neural technology based off the human eye and it's ability to transfer it's information to the brain, the Dojo technology works in that way and is almost complete.
    It's design will make it millions more times safer and faster than the human animal, were to slow to react to a motorcyclist pulling out from a blind spot, the technology will see through the blind spot.
    It would most likely be about 2025 onwards before being accepted around the world and there governor road bodies.
    dojo is a supercomputer its not a microchip. it uses the camera information from tesla's sent back to tesla to create responses for future events..
    They do this with cameras
    We are continuing the transition to Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system. Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built from June 2022 for the New Zealand market now utilise our camera-based Tesla Vision, which relies on Tesla’s advanced suite of cameras and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot and related features.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Honda
    You are an idiot who refuses to admit he is wrong.
    Feel free to Read into that what you will.
    Reply to yourself a few more times how smart you are. You will be sure to get the feedback you crave.
    And there is your typical black t shirt wearing , oily hand, dirty finger nails biker undignified response.

Insult someone who is of a higher intelligence than oneself.

Bike
    husaberg
    And there is your typical black t shirt wearing , oily hand, dirty finger nails biker undignified response.

Insult someone who is of a higher intelligence than oneself.

CEO Elon Musk teased the paper as “more important than it may seem.”
    For years now, Tesla has been teasing the development of a new in-house supercomputer .
    one can’t help but wonder about Tesla’s claims regarding Dojo, particularly in light of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) investigation into Tesla’s AutoPilot advanced driver assist system (ADAS) following multiple car crashes, some of which were fatal. As as Wired pointedly noted last April in reference to a fatal crash in Texas involving a Tesla on AutoPilot, “the incident again highlights the still-yawning gap between Tesla’s marketing of its technology and its true capabilities, highlighted in in-car dialog boxes and owners’ manuals.”
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    So a quick bit of research proves that what we do have in NZ is "Autopilot" which is not quite the same as full self drive. So you can summon your car, and it will follow a programmed route although you are expected to basically have your hands on or over the wheel and I guess, a foot near the brake.
    The systems, including the full self drive option, uses 8 cameras around the vehicle monitored by what amounts to a super computer.
    Scary shit in a lot of ways. One of the forum guys in auckland was talking about the summon feature where the car just drove straight to him across a supermarket carpark, ignoring all the painted lanes and parks, but swerved to go around a lamp pole.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    So a quick bit of research proves that what we do have in NZ is "Autopilot" which is not quite the same as full self drive. So you can summon your car, and it will follow a programmed route although you are expected to basically have your hands on or over the wheel and I guess, a foot near the brake.
    The systems, including the full self drive option, uses 8 cameras around the vehicle monitored by what amounts to a super computer.
    Scary shit in a lot of ways. One of the forum guys in auckland was talking about the summon feature where the car just drove straight to him across a supermarket carpark, ignoring all the painted lanes and parks, but swerved to go around a lamp pole.
    Yes FSD and self driving is different, both these features are illegal if you are not in control of the car.

To access any of this technology which is incomplete, you need to sign a disclaimer.

If you want to take your hands of the wheel and you kill yourself or someone, you are liable

In other words don't use the fucken technology until it's ready, what's available now is so when it's ready, you can upload it to your car.

If you're driving around hoping the Teslas going to take you home while you're drunk, you will be liable, because you signed a disclaimer.

The technology is not ready, drive the car your self.

Bike
    Honda
    All this anti Tesla sentiment, anti Technology is similar to the industrial Revolution riots.

These were people who lost there jobs and livelihood because the industrial sewing machine was invited.

Or Henry Ford inventing an affordable motorcar to replace horses

Move with the times people.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    All this anti Tesla sentiment, anti Technology is similar to the industrial Revolution riots.

These were people who lost there jobs and livelihood because the industrial sewing machine was invited.

Or Henry Ford inventing an affordable motorcar to replace horses

Move with the times people.
    Indeed. Tesla has certainly got the ball rolling but my pet Jury is wondering if it's Betamax or VHS.

The big corporations have woken up with a vengeance and seem happy to collaborate on self driving tech, battery platform sharing and charging systems.

Only time will tell who has developed a universal system.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information