Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Beware near Teslas (if they allow autopilot in NZ)

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    So many posts, so much......

Yes it can, if it's driving itself it can run a person over, that's actually what this thread is about

Basic human instinct is survival and obtaining resources, this is moderated by ethics varying from person to person.

If there are people willing to risk physical danger and punishment associated with speeding/drunk driving/stealing/assault/rape/murder they'll quite happily step out in front of a car that they know will stop, without any concern that it may inconvenience it's occupants.

Your contradicting your own post, why would any sane human step in front of a moving vehicle, human instinct to survive is just that, Survive

Which then raises the question - how many less cars is still enough to meet demand? It doesn't take long for people to opt out of something if there's not enough capacity to meet demand, or it is unacceptably inconvenient.

The fundamental problem with shared resources is that everyone wants them for the same purpose, and therefore at the same time.

If you and I are writing posts on this forum, then we are obviously not driving,
    hence 2 wasted resources sitting in the car park ,or perhaps if they were autonomous they would be out on the road being productive

Which is why you so desperately want what you're saying to be true.

That's not to mention that some people believe there is prestige in being a Telsa wanker, or some sort of virtue signalling in driving an EV of any type.

Tesla model Y is on track to outsell the most purchased new car in the world in 2023, the humble Toyota Corolla, I doubt many Toyota owners consider themselves to be prestigious owning a Corolla, Teslas will become as common as the humble smart phone by decades end
    There are always those companies who want to stand alone because they have the ego to think they know best, and end up being a weird niche company when the rest of the world is sensible and works together or their technology is superseded, that's assuming they survive at all of course. Kodak. Compaq. Nokia. Xerox. Chase Corp. Hudson. British motorcycles. Once leading edge, and eventually irrelevant and consigned to history....
    You might want to add to this list of extinct companies Toyota and GM by 2030

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Firstly, learn how to quote on a thing as simple as an internet forum, your post somewhat belies your claim of superior intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    You might want to add to this list of extinct companies Toyota and GM by 2030
    As an investor I know who I'd back, the two identified fall into the category of evolving to compete, and will be saved from failure. Either of them could kill a small player in the market if they wanted to, there's just no need to do that as there's no threat to their business.

Toyota started building the prius to get over the california emissions threshold, and for some reason people took them seriously, and is probably the most viable format.

GM have been building hybrid and electric cars for a long time, and have recently realised it's a waste of time.

As for the rest of your post, if you could quote properly I'd respond, as you can't and what you wrote is drivel anyway I won't bother.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Firstly, learn how to quote on a thing as simple as an internet forum, your post somewhat belies your claim of superior intelligence.

A robust debate is healthy in any society, Unfortunately when one party begins to degrade the others text manner or similar insults outside of the main topic there arguments have become mute for they have usually run out of ammunition .

As an investor I know who I'd back, the two identified fall into the category of evolving to compete, and will be saved from failure. Either of them could kill a small player in the market if they wanted to, there's just no need to do that as there's no threat to their business.

Toyota started building the prius to get over the california emissions threshold, and for some reason people took them seriously, and is probably the most viable format.

GM have been building hybrid and electric cars for a long time, and have recently realised it's a waste of time.

GM has struggled to adapt to the EV race, there E V sector has run at a loss costing hundreds of millions, I recently closed a *short position on GM, it was very lucrative this year while there share price was crashing, If your referring to Toyotas hybrid, Hybrids are not EVs, they still have an exhaust and still use fossil fuels

(*Short position means to bet against a company and its share price)

As for the rest of your post, if you could quote properly I'd respond, as you can't and what you wrote is drivel anyway I won't bother.
    I'm glad to be so informative and always able to help others understand when I can!

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    I'm glad to be so informative and always able to help others understand when I can!
    Have a good night mate

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Jeez, that went south quick! Probs a few deleted posts too by the looks…
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Just the usual inane banter between a troll, troll hunters and troll baters.

Why do some people get all crooked over this tripe?

Bike
    Honda
    Already here and advancing week by week, I'd expect it to be released worldwide by 2025 and become mainstream by 2030 if not earlier.
    (Don't forget how fast the smart phone over took our lives in less than a decade)

Cost won't be an issue because many city people will just hail a Tesla, more affordable to be chauffeured for cents in the dollar.

The downside is this technology will wipe out not all but much of the Transport industry, Automotive technicians, panel and paint industries.

Unfortunately as of the turn of the 18th century, in the dawn of the industrial age, technology has a price to pay.

Humans are resolute, the workers in this industry will survive and move onto other industries.
    It's Almost like I can see the future!

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...25-2022-08-19/

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Honda
    It's Almost like I can see the future!

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...25-2022-08-19/
    Elon Musk is working towards a wide release of Teslas version of autonomous driving to North America and Europe by the end of the year, regulation will likely keep it restricted so you are still in control of the car as advancements move rapidly to fully autonomous level 4 then the holy grail level 5 , no human needs to be present.

It's either the Americans technology or the Chinese, take your pick, it's coming regardless.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Not hugely surprising.

Various vehicles I drive at work have various safety or anti collision features, which flash lights and make noises quite frequently when driving in normal traffic.

While not an issue if you're driving and ignore them, or turn as many off as you can to get rid of the annoyance, it would at times be quite an entertaining ride if it was self driving and responding to every perceived hazard.

You just have to hope, when your Tesla randomly stops for no reason, that the reaction time of the Tesla behind you is as good and doesn't rear end you. I wonder if the cars self road-rage as well when one does something dumb and prangs into another.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Driving the work Corolla.

1. Car ahead indicates to turn left into a rural side road and starts to slow. Perfect visibility so line up to go around him and just before I put my foot down the cruise control hit the brakes hard.
    2. Motorway. Two lanes curve off to the left with a green light, two lanes head off to the right with a red light and queues. I am going left but car sees stationary traffic 'ahead' in the right turn lane and hits the brakes hard. Lucky not to get rear ended.

I like adaptive cruise control, right up until the point where it could cause a crash and I have to put my phone down. When every car is automated like a Johnny Cab in 2075 it will be great. Until then I imagine there will be a number of teething problems and a number of people will be killed.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    My mates new Mazda did that awhile ago. An anti-vax protester stepped in front of the car, the car hit the brakes.
    He was really pissed.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Honda
    Tesla Beta version, next version out soon, 12 months this tech will drive better than humans. Tesla evs are learning to drive like a teen going through puberty.Who would you trust to drive you home, The Tesla or husaberg after he just spent the night smoking bath salts.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Probably Husaberg, depending on what Elon is currently smoking.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information