Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware near Teslas (if they allow autopilot in NZ)

Bike
    2005 Z750S

Beware near Teslas (if they allow autopilot in NZ)

https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/300...-motorcyclists

Two crashes involving Teslas apparently running on Autopilot are drawing scrutiny from US federal regulators and point to a potential new hazard: The partially automated vehicles may not stop for motorcycles.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    There are a remarkable number of Tesla's on the road round here and I can't help but notice a significant number of them ignore the centre line and wander about a lot.

I doubt it's the computers fault.

Probably got Netflix on.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    We were in Grey (the trendy Wairarapa one) in the school holidays to see the mid winter lights. One moved out of a carpark to be replaced by another 30 seconds later.

I only learnt how to recognise them recently as I really pay fuk all attention to cars. Then I realised there are heaps of the things here in the Hutt. Who has that much money to waste on a woke status symbol?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Yep, they are loads of them here in whangarei as well and I am afraid it is a big yes to them driving autonomously. Although I have no idea if that applies to them across the board…
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    I Ride No More
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Yep, they are loads of them here in whangarei as well and I am afraid it is a big yes to them driving autonomously. Although I have no idea if that applies to them across the board…
    Evening,

Understand that the Tesla AutoPilot implementation varies across market, and is subject to national approval.
    e.g.

1. A friend in Tokyo (who has one on order) advised me that there has yet to be any approval for AutoPilot in Japan.

2. While a full version of AutoPilot is apparently available in the US, only a limited version of AutoPilot is deployed in the EU.
    This has been confirmed by two family members, one in Denmark and the other in the Netherlands.

https://www.thatteslachannel.com/the...lot-in-europe/

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    My daughter in law was telling me about her ride in one around our rural area where her friend set the navigation up and did not touch anything at all during the entire trip. Freaked our girl out and have to admit to bein surprised that it is here in any form.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Teslas only use cameras for obstacle recognition, maybe the tiny rear lights that motorcycles tend to favour aren't helping?

But the whole self-driving thing is proving to be just another step too far. I'm tired of technology promising me flying cars, fusion energy, space-planes, etc etc and all I ever got is a mobile phone.

Also Elon doesn't care how many eggs he breaks on the way to making his omelettes. Can't wait until the first of his 33-engined boosters properly explodes, that's going to be something to see!
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Honda
    Great thread! I own 2 Teslas (and a Honda CBR)

There fantastic cars, it feels like a new car every time I drive it!

Maintenance you say? What maintenance! It doesn't have a fucken engine or transmission..haha brilliant absolutely brilliant!!

When full self automated driving becomes legal in NZ I expect life to be much safer as a motorcyclist, because cagers are the worst of all animals in controlling there shit .

Disclaimer: I own a large position of TSLA stock and call options.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    Great thread! I own 2 Teslas (and a Honda CBR)

There fantastic cars, it feels like a new car every time I drive it!

Maintenance you say? What maintenance! It doesn't have a fucken engine or transmission..haha brilliant absolutely brilliant!!

When full self automated driving becomes legal in NZ I expect life to be much safer as a motorcyclist, because cagers are the worst of all animals in controlling there shit .

Disclaimer: I own a large position of TSLA stock and call options.
    I used the word cagers, that means I'm down with the cool hip biker community.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Apparently Teslas only use cameras for obstacle recognition, maybe the tiny rear lights that motorcycles tend to favour aren't helping?

But the whole self-driving thing is proving to be just another step too far. I'm tired of technology promising me flying cars, fusion energy, space-planes, etc etc and all I ever got is a mobile phone.

Also Elon doesn't care how many eggs he breaks on the way to making his omelettes. Can't wait until the first of his 33-engined boosters properly explodes, that's going to be something to see!
    Teslas don't use cameras, they use a new technology in a micro chip called Dojo.

It's an artificial intelligence neural technology based off the human eye and it's ability to transfer it's information to the brain, the Dojo technology works in that way and is almost complete.

It's design will make it millions more times safer and faster than the human animal, were to slow to react to a motorcyclist pulling out from a blind spot, the technology will see through the blind spot.

It would most likely be about 2025 onwards before being accepted around the world and there governor road bodies.

Bike
    Honda
    Don't be afraid of new technology people, it's coming, like it or not, embrace it or get left behind.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    My daughter in law was telling me about her ride in one around our rural area where her friend set the navigation up and did not touch anything at all during the entire trip. Freaked our girl out and have to admit to bein surprised that it is here in any form.
    FSD isn't available outside north America, and only a select number have access to it for development and testing.

So it's impossible for Teslas to drive on rural or inner city roads in NZ by itself, some do have hands free motorway similar to hands free cruise control if it alows you.

There was an early version of self parking which some modern cars already have.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Teslas don't use cameras, they use a new technology in a micro chip called Dojo.

It's an artificial intelligence neural technology based off the human eye and it's ability to transfer it's information to the brain, the Dojo technology works in that way and is almost complete.

It's design will make it millions more times safer and faster than the human animal, were to slow to react to a motorcyclist pulling out from a blind spot, the technology will see through the blind spot.

It would most likely be about 2025 onwards before being accepted around the world and there governor road bodies.
    Still a form of image recognition though? As opposed to the radar based technologies used originally by Tesla and still used by others.

I've no doubt the technology is possible in time...just not in time for me to see it become the norm (and therefore accessible to me lol).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...y-pure-vision/
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post

I've no doubt the technology is possible in time...just not in time for me to see it become the norm (and therefore accessible to me lol).
    Already here and advancing week by week, I'd expect it to be released worldwide by 2025 and become mainstream by 2030 if not earlier.
    (Don't forget how fast the smart phone over took our lives in less than a decade)

Cost won't be an issue because many city people will just hail a Tesla, more affordable to be chauffeured for cents in the dollar.

The downside is this technology will wipe out not all but much of the Transport industry, Automotive technicians, panel and paint industries.

Unfortunately as of the turn of the 18th century, in the dawn of the industrial age, technology has a price to pay.

Humans are resolute, the workers in this industry will survive and move onto other industries.

Bike
    husaberg

This is pretty wrong
    https://hackernoon.com/all-you-need-...-supercomputer

In other words, Dojo is a supercomputer built by tesla to train its neural networks algorithms and Machine Learning models in a faster and more efficient way.
    it uses old video data to train and still uses camera data for responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information