Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware near Teslas (if they allow autopilot in NZ)

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    (Unsubscribe) Try harder.
    I'm always trying harder to be a better version of myself, thanks !

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    axhole used to have a sigma now he claims to have two teslas....
    Axehole or boner?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda
    Oh tis truly fun to mix and mingle with the lower quarterly of society, friendly banter and poor grammar and all that comradely!

Good times I say, how do you say,inbred in your language?

Tis a wonderous thing this section of society, learning to talk and pretend to be educated past year 8.

Such joy and wonder !!

Don't forget, you can buy the Tesla model Y for 49k with a government subsidies tbc, you'll pay it off in a few years from having no gas bill.

Always here to help!

Bike
    raptor 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    I used the word cagers, that means I'm down with the cool hip biker community.
    i thought it was because you are a ------ insert appropriate word

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries

Don't forget, you can buy the Tesla model Y for 49k with a government subsidies tbc, you'll pay it off in a few years from having no gas bill.
    And when the road user charges are applied (31 March 2024)? And the inevitable electricity price rises (because they can)?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    And when the road user charges are applied (31 March 2024)? And the inevitable electricity price rises (because they can)?
    I can't see them increasing road user charger if they can give petrol a tax cut or increasing energy prices, it defeats the purpose of New Zealands transition to sustainable energy.

Why have the subsidy in the first place, EVs also take the pressure of our farming sector to lower New Zealand's green house emissions.

And our farming sector is our main export, farmers basically saved our ass during COVID.

Bike
    Honda
    I'd say most if not all of you reading this thread will own a Tesla or an inferior alternative by 2030.

An example is over 20 years ago, a large flat screen plasma TV cost around 20k

You can pick those up from $500 today.

Or the smart phone you use today has the same technology that would have cost in excess of a million dollars in 1990 and occupy the space of an entire room, now it fits in your pocket.

Once Tesla has exhausted the upper income bracket of buyers, Tesla will release a 25k car.

Then even biker's can afford it, and it's autonomous driving.

Bike
    Honda
    I'm presuming to keep build cost down the Tesla 25k model won't have a steering wheel or foot pedals.

Just the Dojo technology.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I'm presuming to keep build cost down the Tesla 25k model won't have a steering wheel or foot pedals.

Just the Dojo technology.
    EV's at this price are already selling like hot cakes in China and India.

Autonomous driving systems are already fact for freight and heavy mining vehicles in Europe.

Volvo (Chinese owned) has been testing their own autonomous system for a few years now. They had a wee problem when testing in S'traya, the system failed to recognise kangaroos. Bit of a blood bath.

I suspect that freight vehicles will lead the charge, heh, considering that everything around us, including our cars, has been on a truck at some point.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I can't see them increasing road user charger if they can give petrol a tax cut or increasing energy prices, it defeats the purpose of New Zealands transition to sustainable energy.

Why have the subsidy in the first place, EVs also take the pressure of our farming sector to lower New Zealand's green house emissions.

And our farming sector is our main export, farmers basically saved our ass during COVID.
    NZ roads are becoming even more third world due to lack of maintenance as it is - RUCs for non-petrol vehicles are similar to the taxes on petrol, and are intended to be used for road construction and upkeep. If RUC exemptions to EV continue, and more EVS are purchased by wealth(ier) consumers, the burden falls more and more on the people who remain with petrol powered vehicles because that is all they can afford (EV subsidies notwithstanding.) This I suppose is perfectly acceptable to the right wingers.
    "Following the introduction of rebates for Electric Vehicles staring this month (up to $8625 for a brand-new Battery Electric Vehicle), the Government has announced that the EV exemption from Road User Charges (RUC) will be extended until 31 March 2024.

This means that EV drivers are in effect excused from making any contribution to the upkeep and maintenance of New Zealand roads. RUCs are usually applied to non-petrol vehicles with the money going into a fund for the "improvement, operation and maintenance of our land transport network," says the Government."

It would also be worth noting that NZ's electricity supply might be marginal for the recharging of all these EVs. This article dates from 2018 - what new generation has been added since then? Or are you banking on Tiwai shutting down and Manapouris power becoming available? https://www.infometrics.co.nz/articl...ds-grid-handle
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Honda
    Good point Pete

My best guess forcast would be road user charger would be increased upon 80% uptake of EVs , and obviously the remaining 20% being priced into submission.

However

I doubt there will be much of a need to own a vehicle in the cities if cars are autonomous, road user tax would likely be priced into the journey cost or the subscription to use the service,

Less vehicles on the road,less wear and tear on the roads, less accident's,lower ACC premiums and cost, lower emissions helps the farming sector move forward.

Safer for motorcyclist, pedestrians, and cyclists.

4 Fucks sake I'm starting to sound like a fucken greenie.

Bike
    Honda
    If this seems Foreign and scary, just think of a Tesla autonomous subscription similar to a Netflix subscription replacing your Video Ezy membership 10years ago.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Good point Pete

My best guess forcast would be road user charger would be increased upon 80% uptake of EVs , and obviously the remaining 20% being priced into submission.

However

I doubt there will be much of a need to own a vehicle in the cities if cars are autonomous, road user tax would likely be priced into the journey cost or the subscription to use the service,

Less vehicles on the road,less wear and tear on the roads, less accident's,lower ACC premiums and cost, lower emissions helps the farming sector move forward.

Safer for motorcyclist, pedestrians, and cyclists.

4 Fucks sake I'm starting to sound like a fucken greenie.
    There is a long way to go before any of this takes effect.

Referencing Pete, electricity capacity is exactly why hydrogen tech is being developed at break neck pace.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    There is a long way to go before any of this takes effect.
    Possibly

But It only took Henry Ford less than 11 years to wipe out the horse and cart market.

Horse and carts had been around for 6000 year's.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

Referencing Pete, electricity capacity is exactly why hydrogen tech is being developed at break neck pace.
    My limited understanding of hydrogen is that although it has more capacity it's not as stable or safe as the electric engine, similar to driving around on top a hydrogen bomb .

Solar power and solar storage would take care of the energy consumption, if the cost of solar panels can come down you have an infinite energy source from the sun .

Tesla has solar storage units that can be installed in homes, Tesla solar roofs need to come down in price to be more widely accepted.

I believe once we solve the energy puzzle, we can continue to be a farming and food producing exporting nation, this keeps us in the wealthy country list.

These are all small steps.

Thread Information