Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bike Rego Petition

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Does the petitioner, Rupert Atkinson, have any idea what the annual licence fee, commonly miscalled 'registration' [rego for those with literacy issues], actually is for a bike?

Answer below...

Annual licence for a 600+cc bike = $24.50.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I'd certainly favour a rego on the driver with incremental increases for additional vehicles. As it is many probably most riders have cars as well, and many of us multiple bikes. I have an additional Van for carting dirtbikes about. Fortunately that has reduced significantly, but it gets used once a month.

That's unfair, but I don't see govt departments giving a shit.

Stay at school children.
    Thanks Moi. That's what I would propose. But yes should have said combined fees on driver and admin rego on successive vehicles.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Does the petitioner, Rupert Atkinson, have any idea what the annual licence fee, commonly miscalled 'registration' [rego for those with literacy issues], actually is for a bike?

Answer below...

Annual licence for a 600+cc bike = $24.50.
    My S4R is a 600+cc bike and waka kotahi are asking $519 total, but yes, it is made up of the license fee ($24.50+GST), 2 types of acc levy, other levies and admin plus gst
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    So technically just my carbon footprint is an improvement on a car? And I haven't managed to have a single vehicle accident so far...I might start my own petition. Just for me.

You lot with your exciting, fun to ride but toxic and prone to crashing bikes clearly don't deserve one.
    Ahem. I have a Versys 650. I own a bike that is in exactly the same category as yours. This has been my least crashy bike too. But I definitely pollute more than you do.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    the capacity step at 600 is fucked-up. I have a KLR 650 - 40 odd HP on a good day so I pay the same as a 'Busa. A Yamaha R6 is 599cc, 117 HP and far cheaper to register. If there has to be a step it should be on manufacturers claimed power. But there should not be a step at all, A Suzuki Swift and Dodge Hellcat would pay the same.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    if you want to pay less in registration, ride a smaller CC bike and do the ACC rider forever courses and get your rebate. Those things alone will reduce your carbon emissions, increase your safety, and cut $200 from your rego.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Where's the fun in that?

If you want to save on annual rego costs and reduce emissions get a shitty little car.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Get a toyota wish, it runs on happy thoughts and sunshine.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Get a fukin boat in this weather.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The petitioner talks about own insurance, I hope to dear god he doesn’t think substituting private health insurance would be better. Proper policies are horrendously more expensive than acc fees and we’d get rorted worse.

A much better chance would be to make motorcyclist a gender and play the equality card... We could have a free the sump campaign about how our sexuality is oppressed as we are not allowed to wheelie our bikes on public roads. Demand equality with cycling community who are able to hold competitive race event said on open public roads with minimal traffic control.
    We could have all those destiny church bikers interviewed on tv talk about the daily struggle of trying to feed the kids while trying to buy new tyres for the v-rod after all the burnouts they have to keep doing to be heard.
    Demand employers include needs of motorcyclists in next diversity training courses.
    😂😂😂😂
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Oh-oh, is it a conspiracy now?

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    the capacity step at 600 is fucked-up. I have a KLR 650 - 40 odd HP on a good day so I pay the same as a 'Busa. A Yamaha R6 is 599cc, 117 HP and far cheaper to register. If there has to be a step it should be on manufacturers claimed power. But there should not be a step at all, A Suzuki Swift and Dodge Hellcat would pay the same.
    Agreed, but the way I see it, since I don't want anything in the <600cc bracket, my smallest bike is 919cc
    I also pay the rego holding game, so it's rare that all of them are on the road at the same time. Currently 2/3 are on hold...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Agreed, but the way I see it, since I don't want anything in the <600cc bracket, my smallest bike is 919cc
    I also pay the rego holding game, so it's rare that all of them are on the road at the same time. Currently 2/3 are on hold...
    Same here, both the 1100s and the 650 are on hold. If I go to the Cold Kiwi the 650 might get the minimum 1 months worth
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Same here, both the 1100s and the 650 are on hold. If I go to the Cold Kiwi the 650 might get the minimum 1 months worth
    Not to derail this thread, but using form MR27 (can't be done online), you can change the date of expiry. The effect is you can licence a vehicle for 1-2 days if you want. Usual rule about it being on hold for at least 3 months prior etc etc.

Easier online of course, and that has the 1 month minimum (coz it simply doesn't list anything shorter).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Like most I disagree with the steps. My argument is that you'll damage yourself as much on a 250 as you would on a 1000cc bike coming off at 100kph. One price for all, whatever that may be.
    Grow older but never grow up

Thread Information