Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liz Truss

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Sky News UK is reporting that, despite having the backing of the required 100 MPs, Johnson says he will not run for PM.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I would say boris has trouble counting to 100.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Sky News UK is reporting that, despite having the backing of the required 100 MPs, Johnson says he will not run for PM.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ly-humiliation
    The former prime minister’s statement confirming his decision to not stand was a classic of this Johnson genre: equal parts bullish insistence about his own ability to triumph, and a pretend modesty that he is choosing another path for the sake of unity.

In reality many observers – and many Conservative MPs – remain deeply dubious about Johnson’s claim that he had secured the support of 102 parliamentary colleagues, given that fewer than half this number had said so publicly.
    The first of those was not impossible, especially as Rishi Sunak, by now an apparent near-certainty to become the next prime minister, remains far from hugely popular with Tory members, some of whom blame him for precipitating Johnson’s downfall in July by resigning as chancellor.

But probably the very best outcome Johnson could have hoped for would be to emerge as the leader of a party where about two-third of its MPs think he is unfit for office, some even threatening to defect or resign if he took over again
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Another day, another UK PM. If some (eg piers morgan) were upset with prince harry marrying a "less-than-perfectly white" megan, they'll be shitting over their new billionaire, tax avoiding rishi.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Another day, another UK PM. If some (eg piers morgan) were upset with prince harry marrying a "less-than-perfectly white" megan, they'll be shitting over their new billionaire, tax avoiding rishi.
    And just like Meghan, there's plenty to dislike before we even get close to Race.

A distinction that fewer and fewer seem to be able to tell.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's probably just as well Sunac got himself appointed by the last man standing method. I'm not sure the Tory membership would have been able to resist voting for a white face if there was one available.

The main point of interest for me was who he'd select for his cabinet. He must have more MPs to pick from than most of his predecessors, many of these have had experience, thus avoiding the non-performers of Johnson's cabinet. But no. He's retained some well established losers. He has made his job rather more difficult than it needed to be. Be interesting to see if he can even acknowledge what Britain's primary problem is. Nobody else will.

He's supposedly very bright. He can be tough if needed, but reportedly discussions with him can deteriorate to a somewhat childish level. Let's see if he can last longer than 44 days.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    I Ride No More

Bike
    husaberg
    The Tory leadership race lasted 10 days longer than Liz Truss did.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It's probably just as well Sunac got himself appointed by the last man standing method. I'm not sure the Tory membership would have been able to resist voting for a white face if there was one available.

The main point of interest for me was who he'd select for his cabinet. He must have more MPs to pick from than most of his predecessors, many of these have had experience, thus avoiding the non-performers of Johnson's cabinet. But no. He's retained some well established losers. He has made his job rather more difficult than it needed to be. Be interesting to see if he can even acknowledge what Britain's primary problem is. Nobody else will.

He's supposedly very bright. He can be tough if needed, but reportedly discussions with him can deteriorate to a somewhat childish level. Let's see if he can last longer than 44 days.
    Both side are coming from the same source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61cAcnOhURs
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information