Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from newbie

That's the one with the center hub steering,way high tech for a scooter,those things are cool,I love to see that sort of thing on a bike people don't even toss a second look at - more fool them.

I see you have an interest in rallies DebK....you don't happen to drive one too do you?
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Borowed FZR1000 EXUP
    Hello,

Well done on your bike - it's great that you know so much about it and obviously did quite a bit of research about what you wanted.

This is a great site for all sorts of things.......lots of experience from similar minded folk for no charge at all!
    If I were you...............then who would be me???
    CB125 - CB200 - CB400/4 - CB650 - XJ600 - XJ550 - GPZ900R - CBX750F2 - GSX1100F - GSX1400K2

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Hello DebK - fantastic scoot you have.

Welcome to KB and don't forget to post some ride reports.

JIm2
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Started looking for a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    That's the one with the center hub steering,way high tech for a scooter,those things are cool,I love to see that sort of thing on a bike people don't even toss a second look at - more fool them.

I see you have an interest in rallies DebK....you don't happen to drive one too do you?
    Hi Motu (& huge thanks for the great welcome & chat from all... forum has more than met my expectations!).

Ah, the infamous Motu. Rallied it a couple of times and will again for the Rotorua Rally this year. A truly inspiring piece of road that'll bite hard if you treat it with disdain or over-confidence. You attack it on your Honda? Ya madman I rally an Evo but it's probably my husband's car that you'd find far more interesting - Series 1 RX7 with hydrid 6 speed box. It's a loud powerful monster 13b Perfport.

I guess that explains why I got a performance scoot, huh.

Motoracer - I've only reached 130 todate but there's throttle left so who knows what it will do.

Anyone in here have a SuperMotard as their daily rider? This appeals to me.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Hi there Debk, We've got a couple of things in common 68 and Itilian bikes wicked.
    One of the girls I often ride with (GSX 750f) has a cousin that sometimes comes along on a 500cc Yamaha scooter, what a laugh cos hes always in ya mirrors at 160+km and in the tight hilly stuff aswell man it can handle.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    Hi there Debk, We've got a couple of things in common 68 and Itilian bikes wicked.
    Mmmmm, naked Italian. Liking it, dangerous. Hard to source parts for your Moto Guzzi?

Good year '68

Ah,so you are DebK! Are you going to be in the Rally NZ this year? I was down Te Akau way on Auck Anniverary checking out some of the roads,doing the roads myself,then watching someone else go really fast on them will be a buzz.My Honda is a rogue bull in gravel - an overpowered overweight hunk of testosterone,lots of adrenalin,but not much satisfaction,I'm sure you've driven the same in a rally car.The XT400 is much better,I can keep a good pace,stay out of trouble and enjoy myself.I'd like to do a motard,but in reality the 21in front wheel with a knob is not really a handicap,with the gas on the weights off the front so you can forget about it.,at least with the speeds I ride at anyway.

Welcome aboard,I'm soooo pleased to have someone else here who gets into gravel roads,although with a few more wheels.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Ah,so you are DebK! Are you going to be in the Rally NZ this year? I was down Te Akau way on Auck Anniverary checking out some of the roads,doing the roads myself,then watching someone else go really fast on them will be a buzz.My Honda is a rogue bull in gravel - an overpowered overweight hunk of testosterone,lots of adrenalin,but not much satisfaction,I'm sure you've driven the same in a rally car.The XT400 is much better,I can keep a good pace,stay out of trouble and enjoy myself.I'd like to do a motard,but in reality the 21in front wheel with a knob is not really a handicap,with the gas on the weights off the front so you can forget about it.,at least with the speeds I ride at anyway.

Welcome aboard,I'm soooo pleased to have someone else here who gets into gravel roads,although with a few more wheels.
    Rally NZ isn't a round of the NZ Nats this year so we won't be doing it, but am servicing for a Japanese team. Fun, we get our expenses covered and very relaxed.

Damn good idea taking a look at the Te Akau roads before spectating in April. Fantastic roads... best in the World some say. With spectating being so very restricted (and not free) you should pick certain stages that are repeated, cruise in on your bike an hour before road closure and relax. Easier than a car.

Would love to see you in action on the gravel. 4 wheels is a whole lot easier than 2... of that I'm certain!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by DebK
    Where: Wellington
    What: While I have my learners and live close to town, ride an Italjet Dragster 180. If move made further out of town will look to get full licence & a sports bike. Though the Dragster is a heck of a lot of fun! Top speed 130+ on the flat and get's there mighty fast. Better watch myself as that's 50kms over learners speed! Not too proud of my law breaking but can't help myself!
    Why: Sick of cost of travel in a tin-top - now $10/fn and free parking. So much more freedom to get me around.
    Current Issues: My tendency to be well protected waist up (armoured Alpinestars jacket) but love the idea of being able to wear a skirt and high heels! The Dragster 180 is a step-through. Get some odd/puzzled looks on the motorway from tin-tops. I know I'm cruising for a bruising if/when I fall... no need to remind me folks.

Great forum and I'm bound to ask stoopid questions often so apologies now but please bear with me.

Cheers,
    DebK
    A warm welcome aboard from Auckland :spudwave:

Bikes are definately advantageous for commuting, and more of a buzz on the open road rides...I think you'll have a change of mind about the skirt & high heels after a while being on here!

Looking forward to more of your input as you progress from a learner to a sports-bike fanatic!

Zed

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by merv
    Is it the skoot or living in Turangi that is really the problem?
    Ahaaaaa, you're on to it bro.

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    i thought that was why ching came up to hamilton on a regular basis...
    Unfortunately no, ole sis and her family up there... oh yeah and bike shops.

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    Anyway Ching, you've got Valentinos in Turangi - one of the nicest Italian restaurants I've been to in many a long time. It was apparently started by the Italians when a whole heap of Italians came out to NZ in the 60's (I think it was), to build the Rangipo power project, and the restaurant has stayed. If anyone's in or around Turangi at dinnertime, I'd highly recommend it. Their veal masala is to die for!! (it's above the National Bank on the SH1 side of the town centre) I've been there about half a dozen times over the last five or so years, and it's been consistently good.

Oh, and welcome to the site DebK!
    Last edited by LB; 12th February 2004 at 18:52. Reason: typos - thinking too hard of veal masala and cassata.....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by DebK
    Mmmmm, naked Italian. Liking it, dangerous. Hard to source parts for your Moto Guzzi?

Good year '68
    Well with all the "Guzzi's belong on the farm" jokes I get, the bike has been very relible @ 75000km apart from bloody Itilian electrics :spudwhat: But you learn as you go and with a few extra earths and Bosch relays its not a problem. So to answer your question na parts are easy to get and I find anything that I wont I get from Oz at half the price.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Bus/Waiwai express/Train GN250 RIP

Hi

Was wondering whether you ride around the Hutt Valley. Saw one last weekend going like a bat out of hell in Upper Hutt. White lid with skirt. Looked cool.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    waaaaa, let it die

the last post in this was over 2 years ago, I think she sold the bike to continue rallying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information