Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2023

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Actually I listened to part 1 of the Crafer interview on Rustys Garage podcast. Looking forward to part 2 as I didn't know about his Hard Enduro exploits till recently. Respect there.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    it seems I have until the end of the month to shell out for the Dorna deal.

It has been said that WSBK fans support their brand, GP fans support a rider. I'll try GPs this year without being a fan of anybody in particular. We'll see...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Interesting note from the Crash podcast today. According to MM's ohlins and michelin techs, MM's feedback when he comes back to the pits matches the telemetry almost exactly. They both considered this surprising as riders of his ability tend to counter any issues with their ability and dont often know what is going on development wise.

Fascinating stuff.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Hey guys about to sign up to catch this test session.

The added timing pass is another 17 bucks (not an Issue) but is it worth having, or is it just a distraction from the race??
    I usually cast from my phone as the bedroom TV is not smart enough and the smart TV is a pain much easier to just use the chromecast.
    I am guessing I'd have to have my laptop with me as another screen for all the timing stuff?
    I am thinking the best way would be to cast the race from the phone to the chromecast and have my Surface for the live timing.

I'd hate to be fiddling with the timing pass screen and miss a pass or accident.
    Just hoping to tap into another KB member who has been there done that.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Portimao test is over. Spark Sport has highlights and After the Flag.

Ducati still fastest, but Yamaha were 3rd on day 2.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    top speeds are wierd MM is about 3rd with 336 but the other hondas are all at the bottom of the list

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    top speeds are wierd MM is about 3rd with 336 but the other hondas are all at the bottom of the list
    he's an alien and has managed to find some technology to manipulate gravity.. they said it couldnt be done..
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Honda was doing a lot of testing, plus Mir and Rins are still learning the bike. So don't read too much into their times or top speed.

Rins was quite happy as the bike wasn't as bad as he expected!

Bike
    GSXR1000

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    MM did 336 which was right up there, but he had given up testing and was doing race practice. He reckons 5-10 is all he can expect. But he's the only real alien in the field, so.. who knows.

I feel its going to be a ducati wrought this year. I wanna see people doing stuff and everyone goes HTF did they do that? Not a tramline of ducati's with a winner decided by the team or who ever can make their tires last best. This could be boring.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Bastianini on a factory Ducati should be well worth watching. Marquez will find something, and Quartararo has the engine Yamaha should have made last season. No, it won't be boring!

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    I guess we dont have to wait too long to find out.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Exercycle
    So Honda are going to get Kalex to build them a chassis. Good way to get fresh ideas and a prototype without distracting the race team during the season IMO.

Pretty apparent that left to their own ideas Honda simply will not progress.

Bike
    Tuono 660, Suzuki SV650 racebike
    Im sure this has already been asked but does anyone know what format MotoGP will be shown on this season (Spark or sky) or will I need to subscribe?

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern scratcher View Post
    Im sure this has already been asked but does anyone know what format MotoGP will be shown on this season (Spark or sky) or will I need to subscribe?
    Spark are closing on 1st of July so you won't get a full season from them only the first eight race meetings.

“We are communicating to our Spark Sport customers today to thank them for their support, to explain the change, and to reassure them that they can continue to access Spark Sport as they normally do until 1 July 2023.

I cut my Spark as soon as I heard this to save my monthly sub up for MotoGP Sub which means I am $100 or so ahead. I don't think Sky NZ has MotoGP.

MotoGP sub is $139 Euro or $240 NZD for full cover incl all race meetings, Riders conferences and after the flag.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information