0 0%
  • A Jules Verne visionary ahead of his time

3 18.75%
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Unmasking Elon Musk

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post

You don't become the wealthiest man in history ,by making bad business purchase's.
    History is not your strong point.

Ever hear of Mansa Musa?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    History is not your strong point.

Ever hear of Mansa Musa?
    No , never heard of him, but a quick Google search revealed who he was.

And Elon Musk was still the wealthiest man history as a self made businessman, not a king or emperor or Government official, hell even Putin is many more times wealthier than Musk but your never going to know the true wealth of these government officials or royal families around the world.

Bike
    Honda
    I expect the Ford Ranger to outsell the Tesla Model Y in December 22, I expect this to be a back and forth race,but Tesla will eventually outsell petrol cars in the long term, definitely when they introduce a 30k(USD) model and Teslas become more affordable.

See , I can be diplomatic as well..

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    On the surface it may. But it now seems he was bluffing and trying to bully his way into boardvof directors or similar he thought his ten percent shareholding was worth more say.
    He didn’t do his due diligence financially and paid 15-20% above what shares were worth and he had to borrow big time to buy twitter.
    That depends on where you think the value of Twitter is.

Is it in the pure Dollar Revenue figure?
    Or is it in being the digital public square?

Now, before anyone accuses me of blowing Smoke up Elon's arse - remember, Twitter has never made a profit - and yet, investors were willing to pour money into it. Especially Lefty Investment companies.

I put it to you that this alone proves that the value of Twitter is more than what traditional metrics would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The interest bill alone is a billion dollars a year.... And his personal politics are alienating the mostly lefty vote user base, not quite genius and why advertisers are leaving.
    Here's my take:

You've got two audiences - One audience is the lefty voter base - the ones that think Rings of Power was good.
    Then you've got everyone else, the ones who thought Top Gun Maverick was good.

Which audience has greater numbers?

I'll grant you that one audience has a disproportionate amount of influence... but when it comes down to Dollars and Cents, in the long run, the larger market segment will win.

It may take a bit of time - Hollywood showed us that certain people will keep trying the same bad ideas, but eventually Money wins.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Granted it has some great economic value as marketing tool but there’s nothing stopping anyone creating a better or equal rival tool. We’ve seen in past how quickly people transition to alternatives.
    I reckon he might use it as vase for a new crypto and we’ve seen what happens before with that...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Honda
    For those of you who use Twitter, (from my own personal experience) Musks algorithm engineers have done a great job in getting rid of much of the spam bots, the news you want to read to your preference is right there, the people you follow or respect are the first on a particular thread, I would presume if you hate Musk you have your space and community there as well.

Still room for improvement, but I'm starting to see where Musk is going with this giant social media platform

Definitely much more user friendly, and he has stated Twitter will be cashflow neutral soon so he has no need to sell any more Tesla shares to prop up Twitter

Makes you wonder what all the noise was really about the last few months?

....oh that's right, mainstream medias desperate attempt to remain relevant.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    The Tesla fanbois should get one of these to complement the look.
    https://news.sky.com/story/dysons-zo...e-tag-12763963
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Honda
    I didn't realize how expensive diesel had become , it won't make sense to continue using a diesel truck compared to a Tesla Semi when Tesla ramp up to full production.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I didn't realize how expensive diesel had become , it won't make sense to continue using a diesel truck compared to a Tesla Semi when Tesla ramp up to full production.
    The diesel fuel distribution network is largely paid for by the fuel companies. who is paying going to be for the comparable power distribution network and charging stations that the E trucks will require, given that NZs electricity generation capacity is mostly already spoken for.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    The diesel fuel distribution network is largely paid for by the fuel companies. who is paying going to be for the comparable power distribution network and charging stations that the E trucks will require, given that NZs electricity generation capacity is mostly already spoken for.
    You won’t get a straight answer by like any green/eco based idea they expect the taxpayer to pay.
    Musks current business model is get tax subsidies out of govt organisations.
    Trucks demand fast charging no matter the manufacturer that high voltage infrastructure won’t be cheap.

On a seperate note in Aussie all electrical supply leads need expensive tag and test every ThreeNow months not sure what it is here. But another bill, another sub contractor on site. I can see gear being locked out at times when the inspector is delayed or off sick as insurance won’t pay if charger catches fire and out of test date.

In reality electric trucks will suit certain work on metro and short haul, it’s a long time away from mass adoption.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Honda
    HERTZ increased it's fleet of electric rental cars — then it's profits exploded

Hertz discovered that electric vehicles are between 50-60% cheaper to maintain than gasoline-powered cars.

https://www.thecooldown.com/green-bu...hicles-rental/

Bike
    Honda
    Why are there more negative options on Musk in this poll

This poll is racist

It needs to count mail in vote's and have a pronoun option for the lbgtefg community.

Bike
    Honda
    Why are there more negative options on Musk in this poll

This poll is racist

It needs to count mail in vote's and have a pronoun option for the lbgtefg community.
    Cancel that complaint, the poll has more positive votes than negative votes for Musk, this poll is the fairest and most accurate of all polls, and should decide the fate of the human race.

I'll forward it to our Prime minister Chris Luxon.

Thanks R650R!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbunny! View Post
    I expect the Ford Ranger to outsell the Tesla Model Y in December 22, I expect this to be a back and forth race,but Tesla will eventually outsell petrol cars in the long term, definitely when they introduce a 30k(USD) model and Teslas become more affordable.

See , I can be diplomatic as well..
    How many petrol ford rangers do you think ford nz sells in a year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    How many petrol ford rangers do you think ford nz sells in a year?
    I believe Ford sold approximately 12590 in NZ (unconfirmed)

So Tesla would have to sell atleast this many in 2023 which is achievable, even more if prices are discounted which I guarantee will happen this year, and definitely in 2024 with the Tesla Model 2 the first 30k(USD) Tesla, although demand is expected to be massive for this model, so Tesla keeping up with production will be the issue, they would need to build several more Giga factories to keep up with demand

Many variables and it won't be easy, sometimes Elons autism makes life harder for us Tesla investors, but he is who he is .

Norway has a population of 5 million, and they purchased 100,000 Teslas in 2022 , yes they are a greenie country, but I thought we were as well? Or perhaps we are only portrayed as green and under the tourism commercials we're a Ford Ranger driving gas guzzling nation.

Thread Information