• A Jules Verne visionary ahead of his time

3 18.75%
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast

Thread: Unmasking Elon Musk

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Why would Apple want to build cars? There are already lots of manufacturers who can do this in a range of great to truly awful. Apple does pretty good computers and software plus very good human interfaces. Surely they would be better partnering with one of the great manufacturers to combine their talents rather than trying to re-invent the wheel
    They've never released any info about the project to the public, but they have thrown a lot of money and expertise at it apparently.

https://www.macrumors.com/2024/02/28...billion-spent/

As you say they like software and hardware integration, I agree they'd be unlikely to build the rolling stock themselves, but they might have thought coming up with the system that does the driving for you was in their wheelhouse.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    In case anyone is interested: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/28/t...smid=url-share

Not sure how long this link will work.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Apple has cancelled its autonomous EV project. If they can't do it, then who can?

Prob no one. It’s never going to work properly without massive supporting infrastructure, eg sensors/beacons buried in road and wifi on every power pole/fencepost.
    EVS and wind farms only got a foothold in our society via massive taxpayer subsidies.
    The truth is slowly coming out that they are not as green as claimed (car needs to do 80,000km before its offsets the emissions of its own production line process) and they don’t last as long or perform as well as claimed.
    It’s all part of the planned destruction of western society. Soon via sheer population base firstly China, then India followed by Nigeria will become the new economic superpowers of the world. This information is freely available via birth rates data.
    By the time we realise EV isn’t a practical solution for our current standard of living the infrastructure supporting petroleum vehicles will be gone. All the existing knowledge base of repair will have retired or died and we will be unable to swiftly travel significant distances at pace (during wartime) when the commies finally invade.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    …EVS and wind farms only got a foothold in our society via massive taxpayer subsidies…
    I think you’ll find the entire electrical grid in NZ was built with massive taxpayer subsidies.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I think you’ll find the entire electrical grid in NZ was built with massive taxpayer subsidies.
    There’s a big difference between a pioneer nation creating jobs and assets with proven technology that last generations vs subsidising private companies for unreliable disposable towers of virtue.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Left wing eco-terrorists attack Tesla power supply…

https://joannenova.com.au/2024/03/te...co-extremists/

The Vulkangruppe (Volcano Group) activists have claimed responsibility for sabotaging a pylon that supplied power to the Tesla Gigafactory in Germany. The factory that makes half a million EV’s a year had to close Tuesday and send 12,000 workers home. About 2,000 local homes also lost power.

Electricity may not be restored until March 17th and Pierre Goslin at NoTricksZone reports the bill is now estimated to be “over half a billion euro”.

Apparently the radical-conservationists thought setting fire to a pile of tyres at the base of a high voltage tower was a way to free the forest and the workers from a capitalist tyranny.

Tesla sabotage in Germany
    Shortly after, an organization known as the Volcano Group (Vulkangruppe) claimed responsibility for the fire online. “We sabotaged Tesla today,” the far-left environmental group stated in an open letter that also accused Tesla CEO Elon Musk of being a “techno-fascist.”

The letter went on to criticize Tesla’s implications in driving predatory capitalism, worker exploitation, environmental degradation and modern surveillance technology, which is why. The stated goal was to “bring Tesla to its knees.”

For some reason media groups have not made much of a fuss about this. If right wing petrol-heads burnt down critical infrastructure instead this would be the lead story on 1,000 channels.

The arson was very much a premediated terrorist act. The Vulkangruppe wrote a 2,500 word essay about how awful Tesla was because it “consumed both natural resources and labour and was neither ecological or sustainable.”

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Another ‘successful’ Starship test flight, you have to acknowledge that Elon and friends get further along each time. Although I expect the successful landing part is still going to be the hardest nut for them to crack.

- The Simpsons

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    It's progress, but not as we know it. They can get the rocket into orbit, now for the tricky part getting it back. Them there will be the really tricky step, which is refuelling in orbit to get to the moon.

"To infinity and beyond!"

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Is Elon really Jeff Tracy? I for one am totally expecting him to say 'Thunderbirds are go!' anytime now.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Is Elon really Jeff Tracy? I for one am totally expecting him to say 'Thunderbirds are go!' anytime now.
    He probably owns an island somewhere...

And he can be pretty wooden sometimes.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Bit of a kick in the cunt for "Mr free speech absolutist"
    https://mashable.com/article/elon-mu...e-ccdh-lawsuit

Sent from my CPH2499 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exercycle
    Headline today. Tesla to cut 14000 jobs.

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    He probably owns an island somewhere...

And he can be pretty wooden sometimes.
    Not to mention a ruZZian Puppet!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Headline today. Tesla to cut 14000 jobs.
    Musk sure is a class act, He fires them by an email sent just before 12 midnight saying today is your last day.
    Most turned up at work only to find they were fired and there access was denied.
    Tesla shares are down a third of their value over the last 12 months, as far as I know they have never achieved a dividend either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Musk sure is a class act, He fires them by an email sent just before 12 midnight saying today is your last day.
    Most turned up at work only to find they were fired and there access was denied.
    Tesla shares are down a third of their value over the last 12 months, as far as I know they have never achieved a dividend either.
    He'll be in trouble if he's done that at the factory in Germany. They're pretty hot on worker protection in the EU.

I read somewhere that the far right groups on X still have videos of the stabbing at the church in Sydney online. The Australian government is furious, it will be interesting to see what action is taken.

Thread Information