Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Luxon ?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Maybe not in the US but here that's just plain whackjob. .
    When Ahmadinejad was President in Iran, Western leaders were concerned that he might see himself as God's instrument in bringing around the end of the world.

Now we have millions of Yanks who believe the rapture is imminent. The faithful are all about to ascend to Heaven like so many helium filled blow up sex dolls. You can laugh but there are people in the US hierarchy who believe this. One such is Mike Pompeo former head of the CIA and Secretary of State under Trump. He is just as likely to see himself as God's instrument in bringing about the end of the world as Ahmed Dinner Jacket ever was. And Pompeo appears to have had a stomach stapling op in preparation for a presidential run in 2024.

Our leaders don't have the power of the leaders of the US or even Iran, but I'd prefer them to be level headed and not controlled by a load of anti science bollocks and who knows what religious nut job..
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Luxon and Seymour?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Summit to bear in mind with the religious - Christian - slant for pollies is the captive audience they have who will believe pretty much whatever they are told as long as it is couched in a way which matches their beliefs.

I may just be cynical but very much doubt that many religious pollies would put God before themselves and their careers.

The reeferendum was effectively scuppered by the religious right mobilising the happy clappers. The very ones who go to Church to eat and drink the flesh and blood of their deity.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    husaberg
    That guy just cracks me up

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Couldn't resist the opportunity to work in a little redneck racism there I see.
    What’s racist about stating a factual reality? I hope you’ve donated to destiny church recently inthe name of equal
    Opportunities....

Recently we had the modern day compulsory diversity training day. The pakeha lady running the course felt the need to say a karakia at start. She obviously didn’t care about the Indians, Asian’s and othercpeople in the room as they didn’t get s special prayer in their language.
    I don’t need to say she didn’t break out amazing grace or any other hymns either, that’s diversity I guess....

Back to topic Luxon has showed true class by not taking any pot shots at the departing Jacinda or the new leadership.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Evangelical just means they take the bible literally in that they believe Jesus Christ is the path to mans' salvation. It's not an extreme position or particularly fervent even. Certainly not like calling someone a fundamentalist Muslim.
    Actually I'm going to take another pass at this.

Fundamentalist Muslim just means they take the Koran literally in that they believe Mohamad is the path to mans' salvation.

That sounds familiar.

So how is one book full of violence, racism, sexism, and crazy stories any better than the Koran? And what do you say to the other 1/2 of the world that have little or no knowledge of either religion?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Evangelical just means they take the bible literally in that they believe Jesus Christ is the path to mans' salvation. It's not an extreme position or particularly fervent even. Certainly not like calling someone a fundamentalist Muslim.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Maybe not in the US but here that's just plain whackjob. It means you believe in all sorts of shit that puts you at odds with science. Science is the collective knowledge of humans. Fuck knows how an Evangelical would respond to the next crisis, be it geological, viral or whatever. Pray it away?

Then, as the bible says, women should be subservient to men. Might not seem like such a big deal for guys. But that's half the population disrespected. That's pretty shitty.
    And then those of the non heterosexual persuasion. Well they're Sodomites aren't they just?

How do they keep voting these nutjobs into party leaders?

Fuck sake. There's this man in the sky and he really loves you but he's going to set you on fire forever if you don't worship him but he hasn't bothered to tell 3/4 of the world about him. By the way, I'm totally sane and would like to lead the country, please vote for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Summit to bear in mind with the religious - Christian - slant for pollies is the captive audience they have who will believe pretty much whatever they are told as long as it is couched in a way which matches their beliefs.

I may just be cynical but very much doubt that many religious pollies would put God before themselves and their careers.

The reeferendum was effectively scuppered by the religious right mobilising the happy clappers. The very ones who go to Church to eat and drink the flesh and blood of their deity.

There is f all difference between the major religions there main differences revolves around whose sky pixie is the best and brightest.
    Plus who you should make out the cheque to.
    what's funny is they seem to be all completely oblivious to the fact there is no sky pixies.....
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    sky pixies....love it.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    What’s racist about stating a factual reality? I hope you’ve donated to destiny church recently inthe name of equal
    Opportunities....

Recently we had the modern day compulsory diversity training day. The pakeha lady running the course felt the need to say a karakia at start. She obviously didn’t care about the Indians, Asian’s and othercpeople in the room as they didn’t get s special prayer in their language.
    I don’t need to say she didn’t break out amazing grace or any other hymns either, that’s diversity I guess....

Back to topic Luxon has showed true class by not taking any pot shots at the departing Jacinda or the new leadership.
    now I know you're freakin' delusional? "true class" and "Luxon" in the same sentence.

Check in with your doctor mate, your meds need adjusting.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries
    That's why he is on ignore. Completely delusional. Probably thinks he's one of the chosen ones.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I hope none of you buggers celebrated at Xmas time and forfeited any gifts celebrating the birthday of Jesus Christ.
    Let’s not forget our ancestors who gave their lives to save the Jewish people so they might have the right to live and have religious freedom.
    Also at this time Poland a deeply religious nation is crucial to victory in Ukraine war....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    husaberg
    The origins of Christmas stem from both the pagan and Roman cultures. The Romans actually celebrated two holidays in the month of December. The first was Saturnalia, which was a two-week festival honoring their god of agriculture Saturn. On December 25th, they celebrated the birth of Mithra, their sun god.............
    It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival. First called the Feast of the Nativity, the custom spread to Egypt by 432 and to England by the end of the sixth century.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Here is a brilliant summation of the whole US redneck christian attitude…..and maybe ours too.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The origins of Christmas stem from both the pagan and Roman cultures. The Romans actually celebrated two holidays in the month of December. The first was Saturnalia, which was a two-week festival honoring their god of agriculture Saturn. On December 25th, they celebrated the birth of Mithra, their sun god.............
    It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival. First called the Feast of the Nativity, the custom spread to Egypt by 432 and to England by the end of the sixth century.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sol_Invictus

So of course there was no Christmas celebration for early Christians, it wasn't a thing. Not in the bible . Those wily popes trying to amalgamate and thus suppress existing nonscence religion with other made up (quite literally, it was a lie as there was no date given for jesus birth) celebration.

All we have been taught about Christmas is a lie. But it doesn't stop there of course. When you're making shit up, why not keep going?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    There is f all difference between the major religions there main differences revolves around whose sky pixie is the best and brightest.
    The differences can be difficult to spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CM.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	352218  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information