Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 190

Thread: PM Chris Hipkins

  1. #31
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    10,044
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Not actually making any attempt to argue with that, however seem to have provided the opportunity for another absolutist anti-trans rant.

    The point being made was that I can completely understand why Chippy didn't want to provide the soundbite that the journo was looking for, to spin into clickbait and provoke the other side of the argument from whatever his answer was, probably not caring what side that is as long as it generates advertising revenue.

    There will always be people who hold extreme black and white views on either side of an argument, they are lost to any sort of rational discussion, it's left to the people with critical reasoning skills to actually come up with an answer that works for those that live in the real world with all of it's shades of grey.
    What is the argument ? His non answer cancelled about 49.5 percent of the population

  2. #32
    Join Date
    3rd February 2004 - 08:11
    Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Location
    Wallaceville, Upper hutt
    Posts
    5,068
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So - no, this is not a matter of opinion or a matter for Debate - in the same way that it is not a matter of opinion or a matter for debate that water is wet.

    The more they push, the more they try to cross that Rubricon, the more otherwise tolerant people are going to become intolerant.
    I agree with the bulk of your statements but, water in the form of superheated steam is dry. And the river name is Rubicon.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

  3. #33
    Join Date
    3rd March 2008 - 11:55
    Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Location
    The evil flatlands
    Posts
    2,286
    Anyway I don't know why everyone is getting so excited, it's not like this is a new argument, it's been going on for centuries.

    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

    Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

  4. #34
    Join Date
    30th January 2004 - 11:00
    Bike
    Indian Scout
    Location
    In a happy place - Kapiti
    Posts
    2,281
    It's a rare moment when I agree with comments by TDL but I'm a Monty Python fan and they made the point well 'the bleedin obvious' overrides woke stupidity every time.

    People have the right to be different. I have no objection and have no negative attitude towards people who are different from me, be it race, colour, sex, religion, choice of haircut, car, motorbike, short, fat, tall, blond, ginger, left-handed, right-handed, or whatever. I do object though to every minority demanding that the majority must bow and worship their minority because they have self-appointed themselves as special and deserve special recognition, special rights, special treatment and should be gloried at every opportunity by all others. Next census everyone should declare their gender as walrus.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

  5. #35
    Join Date
    25th June 2012 - 11:56
    Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Location
    Pyongyang
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    It's a rare moment when I agree with comments by TDL but I'm a Monty Python fan and they made the point well 'the bleedin obvious' overrides woke stupidity every time.

    People have the right to be different. I have no objection and have no negative attitude towards people who are different from me, be it race, colour, sex, religion, choice of haircut, car, motorbike, short, fat, tall, blond, ginger, left-handed, right-handed, or whatever. I do object though to every minority demanding that the majority must bow and worship their minority because they have self-appointed themselves as special and deserve special recognition, special rights, special treatment and should be gloried at every opportunity by all others. Next census everyone should declare their gender as walrus.
    Welcome to the silent majority, thatvis pretty much the view of 95% of the population.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

  6. #36
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Welcome to the silent majority, thatvis pretty much the view of 95% of the population.
    Kind of odd that you claim to know what a silent majority think or that it is their view is, when they are by your own claim silent...
    It similar to your own views have been shown to be outside of what is commonly believed.
    Like your claims Russia would never invade Ukraine...
    Or your covid hoax posts
    Or your covid cure posts
    etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  7. #37
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I agree with the bulk of your statements but, water in the form of superheated steam is dry. And the river name is Rubicon.
    Water is water and steam is steam

    As for the river - https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Crossing+the+Rubricon

    They spell it with an 'r' - so?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  8. #38
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    Not actually making any attempt to argue with that, however seem to have provided the opportunity for another absolutist anti-trans rant.
    Again, I'm not actually Anti-Trans.

    What I'm opposed to is a radical form of gender ideology and it's attempts to redefine society.

    That, and I'm not too comfortable with a fully grown man (with all appendages still attached, flapping in the breeze) stripping off in a Women's Changing rooms in front of my school-age daughter, simply on his assurance that he really is a Woman.

    Quote Originally Posted by neels View Post
    The point being made was that I can completely understand why Chippy didn't want to provide the soundbite that the journo was looking for, to spin into clickbait and provoke the other side of the argument from whatever his answer was, probably not caring what side that is as long as it generates advertising revenue.

    There will always be people who hold extreme black and white views on either side of an argument, they are lost to any sort of rational discussion, it's left to the people with critical reasoning skills to actually come up with an answer that works for those that live in the real world with all of it's shades of grey.
    I know why Chippy doesn't want to give an answer.

    To give the right answer will alienate the radical and activist labour voterbase.
    To give the wrong answer will alienate 50% of the voting population.

    That is precisely why it needs to be asked. Is he willing to lie to pander to his crowd or is he willing to say what has been true for eons? Or is he going to try and politician his way out of the question?

    Because today it's a question where everyone knows the answer, tomorrow it might not be.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  9. #39
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    10,044
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    I know why Chippy doesn't want to give an answer.

    To give the right answer will alienate the radical and activist labour voterbase.
    To give the wrong answer will alienate 50% of the voting population.
    alienate AT LEAST 50% imho

  10. #40
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    alienate AT LEAST 50% imho
    I can only hope.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  11. #41
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    20,546
    Blog Entries
    2
    So who do we think is more of a Moron? R666 or TDL?

    Geez, it's a hard call. It's a bit surprising they can manage to breathe when they are asleep.

    Aaaahh duuuh.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So who do we think is more of a Moron? R666 or TDL?

    Geez, it's a hard call. It's a bit surprising they can manage to breathe when they are asleep.

    Aaaahh duuuh.
    Word on the street is at least two of those share the same IP address
    Plus one is using a breather device for fatties with apnea...
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  13. #43
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So who do we think is more of a Moron? R666 or TDL?

    Geez, it's a hard call. It's a bit surprising they can manage to breathe when they are asleep.

    Aaaahh duuuh.
    Would you like to tell us what a Woman is then?
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  14. #44
    Join Date
    7th January 2014 - 14:45
    Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Location
    Not Gulf Harbour Either
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Word on the street is at least two of those share the same IP address
    Plus one is using a breather device for fatties with apnea...
    You, uh, got some evidence for that claim?

    That's some very *specific* claims, explicitly accusing me (at least) of breaching the site rules, so I would hope that for such an accusation you can back it up with some form of Proof.




    But I'll save you the trouble, since I know I only have the one account and the Mods can see my IP address (and it's a Static IP) and can confirm that I'm just me - not to mention things like join date etc. etc.

    I'm not going to ping the mods for that post, it's not my style and never will be - suffice to say I expect either an edit or a retraction.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

  15. #45
    Join Date
    25th March 2004 - 17:22
    Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Location
    Wellington. . ok the hutt
    Posts
    20,546
    Blog Entries
    2
    Aboo-hoo-hoo-hoo.

    (Just guessing, can't read above but know it is moronic,).
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •