Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden and repeated loss of cash.. aka restoring GPz900R engineering help needed Auck

Bike
    1986 Kawasaki GPZ900R
    Great idea thanks, Dave.. I think I may have a ZXR250 master in the pile of crap that passes for my shed. Even look almost identical to GPz as a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Appears KZ200, 400, 550 etc have large old style master cylinder with 14mm bore. Might be worth a try. Not saying for certain and would be hard to find. Could try with more common master like ZXR250 or R1 just to try it.
    Often 80s bikes had bulging rubber lines. Yamaha in particular you put braided on and they were hard lever. Smaller master cylinder and you got feel back with the added mechanical advantage.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    By loose interpretation of the law forks may be called shocks, but I wouldn't count on it these days. Brakes I'm surprised they didn't ping you for.

After that high profile fatal crash with 4WD a while back with prosecution of wof place I think business owners have had a reevaluation of how closely they follow the rules.

Getting LVV will be a wind up for the same reason. Then there's the big plate to attach somewhere. Under the seat ibase is where mine is.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Finding the sweet spot of master cylinder size is crucial. Too small and will come into bar disconcertingly and be hard to judge. Too little reduces power and again feels rubbish.

Caliper adapters will be immediate fail without a certificate. Lines will need DOT type writing on them like HEL do. Alert up in Auckland were brought by some Rally guy with his name in the title. Doesn't know bikes so need samples to copy with instructions to align ends on same plane exactly.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    https://www.cruzinimage.net/2018/02/...rb-intake-set/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16065-1108-1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	353314

84-94 KAWASAKI GPZ900R ZX900A CARB INTAKE SET
    Stock Status:In Stock