Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little shameless self-promotion.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I'm even uncomfortable with the prospect of being on TV, but as I said to my daughter about it the other day, if my goal is to help people who may be struggling then getting more exposure is going to help that, so despite my anxiety I need to embrace it.
    You did well. The clips of you talking on your podcast also looked good. 10/10
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Watched the Seven Sharp clip last night Bandy, you did yourself proud and I believe there will be more than one or 2 ordinary folks out there contacting you as a result.
    Poised, professional and humble, you could not have presented your issues and your ways of fighting back any better, be proud.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Nice one Fraser, I can't imagine what your world is like, but there clearly is people out there you are helping and inspiring. Kudos
    Thank you. My world is great, sure it is one of constant pain but it's one full of gratitude for what I have rather than lamenting what I've lost. It's one of self awareness in how lucky I am to have had this journey, the lessons I've learnt, the people I've met, the things I've done, the people who I've been able to help. I really am one of the luckiest people alive.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUB View Post
    Just watched it and full respect to you. I live with peripheral neuropathy in my feet but it's not even close to the same level as what you have. When it started in 2015, I very quickly got to the maximum dose of Tramadol and was then switched to Oxycodone. Whilst it did dull the pain, I was forever sleeping, so two years ago I weaned myself off. I've found that my brain is able to partly ignore the nerve signals and reduce the pain to a level 4 most of the time, with occasional spikes to a 9, but very briefly. Your will power must be particularly strong to live with level 6 minimum. Most people don't really comprehend the pain scale until they've experienced a real 10.

The worst thing is when someone asks "how are your feet?", which causes my brain to check. Ouch .

Sent from my Lenovo TB-J606F using Tapatalk
    The mind is truly a very powerful tool when it comes to coping with adversity, luckily people like you and I have been able to take full advantage of it and make the most of our situation. I used to get that response too, if someone asked me it would be then that I noticed. I think focusing on the podcast and exposing myself more to how the mind reacts has definitely helped me, I can discuss my pain, focus on it etc without any jump now. I really feel totally in control of it, and that is a very powerful feeling to have. Thank you for your comments!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    You did well. The clips of you talking on your podcast also looked good. 10/10
    Thank you pritch, that means a lot coming from you. It was daunting to be on TV, as it was to even start the podcast, but it feels great now I've done both and received fantastic feedback on it!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Watched the Seven Sharp clip last night Bandy, you did yourself proud and I believe there will be more than one or 2 ordinary folks out there contacting you as a result.
    Poised, professional and humble, you could not have presented your issues and your ways of fighting back any better, be proud.
    Thank you bro! Like most of us I tend to overthink things like this, going live on the podcast, being in front of a camera, but I'm now in a place where I truly feel at ease with it. Onwards and upwards!

Bike
    GSXR1000
    For a little more promotion, this time from 1 news ha!

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/01/31/c...er-medication/

Thread Information