Thread: Ducati Hypermotard 698 Mono

Bike
    GSXR1000

Ducati Hypermotard 698 Mono

Ducati teased us with a pic of their new single recently and have now announced the obvious bike for it to go into.

https://www.fastbikesmag.com/2023/11...tard-698-mono/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUObgn_vGr8

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The big question is pricing though??? Huskys on special for 20k only 3HP less although the Ducati would be magic given how good their rider electronics are.
    If only I had space in the shed ohhh and the $$$.
    The promo vid shows they know who their target buyer demographic is although lots of us old buggers ride like that too lol
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    The big question is pricing though??? Huskys on special for 20k only 3HP less although the Ducati would be magic given how good their rider electronics are.
    If only I had space in the shed ohhh and the $$$.
    The promo vid shows they know who their target buyer demographic is although lots of us old buggers ride like that too lol
    I noted reading the specs that it has a 4 step "wheelie assist" setting and a "backing it in" button...

No doubt I could fire one of these into the shrubbery before morning tea.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    The FastBikes link quoted GBP11k for the std model, 11900 for the RVE. How that will translate to kiwi pricing we'll have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I noted reading the specs that it has a 4 step "wheelie assist" setting and a "backing it in" button...

No doubt I could fire one of these into the shrubbery before morning tea.
    A friend has the 2023 Hypermotard 950SP with those modes. Says the wheelie assist is more wheelie kill, he's not been brave enough to try the 'back it in' mode though!

Edit - I see the mono has an advanced wheelie option with that accessory wheelie control.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 3rd November 2023 at 20:32.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    Ahhh, that's what I'm talking about. NICE.

I gave up hoping that Aprilia would replace the DORSODURO 900 with a 660 version (the ugly off road bike they made isn't comparable)

I couldn't help notice that Ducati used the AI voices for the English part of their video, I hope the bike isn't super expensive if they're cutting costs on voice-overs.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    pffft, back in the day we didn't need a track to have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    The FastBikes link quoted GBP11k for the std model, 11900 for the RVE. How that will translate to kiwi pricing we'll have to wait and see.

A friend has the 2023 Hypermotard 950SP with those modes. Says the wheelie assist is more wheelie kill, he's not been brave enough to try the 'back it in' mode though!

Edit - I see the mono has an advanced wheelie option with that accessory wheelie control.
    I’m predicting 28k nz for base model, 31 for other version.

Then if you want to put a pipe on and tune without losing warranty that’s going to be another 4.5k donation to Ducati.
    This bike is going to be popular like the desert x where they nailed the spec with that bike too. That was first announced as 24k to bait your interest then it balloned to 26 and is now a 28k bike.
    Husky have been discounting the awesome 701 so hopefully that might keep prices with sanity

Bike
    GSXR1000
    That would price it just $1600 less than the top of the line Hypermotard 950SP at $32600.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    https://www.mcnews.com.au/ducati-hyp...800-ride-away/

Aussie pricing announced, $22800 ride away for the base model. So around $25,000 here.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I spoke with the owner at Casbolts Motorcycles today, confirmed price is $24990 for the RVE. You were only $6000 off.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I spoke with the owner at Casbolts Motorcycles today, confirmed price is $24990 for the RVE. You were only $6000 off.
    Cheers I concur after seeing the tm listings and am quite pleased to be proven wrong 😀

However I’ve observed over last few years KTM and Ducati price creeping by the time actual stock lands here. We could be whacked with nasty shipping surcharges with those shipping attacks in Middle East.

Mind you that $6k would disappear quickley into the approved tune and full exhaust system
    Husky is kicking out the 701 Motards for 18,999 which are very close in performance.

Thread Information