Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2024 Hayabusa

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    The effortless speed is the problem. Until recently the only speeding ticket I'd had was on a Blackbird, on a straight, cop oncoming. I just didn't realise I was doing 13x, felt like it was ticking over, I'm pootling along (OK, earlier that same day I wasn't uh... pootling)
    Ditto Alan. Problem with the 'bird is that it was so quiet when building speed that it was effortless. Also, it was boring at legal road speeds. The switch to a Street Triple in 2009 was one of the most sensible things I've ever done . Still exhilarating and a lot of benefits, especially to an old fella.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Ditto Alan. Problem with the 'bird is that it was so quiet when building speed that it was effortless. Also, it was boring at legal road speeds. The switch to a Street Triple in 2009 was one of the most sensible things I've ever done . Still exhilarating and a lot of benefits, especially to an old fella.
    The ZZR1200 was quite different. The problem was the way the power came in, and the typical Kawi intake noise when you opened it up - very addictive.

I wasn't quite as sensible as you; I bought a R1 project bike, and once it was on the road decided it was far more fun and safer on the roads around Auckland. I do wish I'd taken the ZZR around the South Island before I sold it though.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post

I wasn't quite as sensible as you; I bought a R1 project bike, and once it was on the road decided it was far more fun and safer on the roads around Auckland.
    I was in my 60's when I sold the 'bird in 2009. I'm a shortarse and retired to Coromandel - not a good combination for something heavy like the Blackbird. The Triple was perfect as was my last bike before retiring at 74 from riding last year - the Duke 790. Just reviewed all the bikes I owned here: https://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2023...-of-bikes.html

Thread Information