Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Hayabusa

Bike
    ZX14R, KX500E16, CR500R

2024 Hayabusa

Just me but, this is pretty sharp. Orange coming back into fashion...

https://suzukicycles.com/sportbike/2...dition#gallery

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylo View Post

Mate down south is picking his one up this week i think he said there were 6 for NZ and 2 are here now the other up north.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

Shame on you Suzuki, no turbo, pfft..

In all cerealness I've only ridden one once and was much impressed. Nowhere near stretching it's legs, though.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    It was on the good
    For a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon bikes like this should be exempt from the road rules.

Can you get them with stealth paint?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Mufflers could be bigger.

Theoretically.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Mufflers could be bigger.

Theoretically.
    Mufflers, ahhh. I thought they were wee flip up lid panniers.

For those interested, Matt Spears, he of Goldwing rolling fame (it lives BTW) has put knobbies on his Busa and took it hill climbing...

Rough but entertaining.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I've always like Suzuki's approach to the muffler situation. They (at least have done) build the cat into the muffler, knowing that most GSXR or Hayabusa owners will dump the endcan anyway and replace it with a Yoshi or Akro. Smart thinking. Gets rid of a lot of weight and frees up the air pump in one easy move.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    In all cerealness I've only ridden one once and was much impressed. Nowhere near stretching it's legs, though.
    That's the problem imho. I've had a sportsbike, doing 100kph on the motorway and all you end up thinking is, this bike can genuinely do triple this.
    One bump in the road, one accidental twist or moment of inattention and you find yourself talking to an officer accusing you of clubbing baby seals

This is like crack cocaine for a recovering addict. Something like a decade and a half ago I was... well, lets just say I'm able to compile a decent list of what you shouldn't do. I mostly appeared to be a good boy afterwards (I did try). Then about half a decade later I rode a friends K1300R after limiting myself to 120 rated hp (was sorta a magic number, much more was too easy to get into trouble, 100-120 was enough to be fun). With very little effort I'm back into licence losing behaviour (they wanted to hear what the ignition cut for the quick shift was like from another bike - of course you had to ahem, do it under load as you went past). The keys were returned, and even 125-140hp that I allow myself now, is uh... risky at times.

I don't comprehend how someone can have fun and have a snowballs chance of being in sighting distance of legal, with that much power. You have my respect if you can do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    ZX14R, KX500E16, CR500R
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    That's the problem imho. I've had a sportsbike, doing 100kph on the motorway and all you end up thinking is, this bike can genuinely do triple this.
    One bump in the road, one accidental twist or moment of inattention and you find yourself talking to an officer accusing you of clubbing baby seals

This is like crack cocaine for a recovering addict. Something like a decade and a half ago I was... well, lets just say I'm able to compile a decent list of what you shouldn't do. I mostly appeared to be a good boy afterwards (I did try). Then about half a decade later I rode a friends K1300R after limiting myself to 120 rated hp (was sorta a magic number, much more was too easy to get into trouble, 100-120 was enough to be fun). With very little effort I'm back into licence losing behaviour (they wanted to hear what the ignition cut for the quick shift was like from another bike - of course you had to ahem, do it under load as you went past). The keys were returned, and even 125-140hp that I allow myself now, is uh... risky at times.

I don't comprehend how someone can have fun and have a snowballs chance of being in sighting distance of legal, with that much power. You have my respect if you can do it...
    I've had 2 Gen 2 'Busa's, 70,000 km total ? Bought them both new. An '09 and the '11. Nothing scary about them unless you do something stupid.

Biggest trip was Ch Ch up to Cape Reinga and back two up on my '11. Only problem was it was a bit cramped fully loaded when you have the Ventura Pack on the back as well. Never a problem with power even fully loaded they're an easy bike to ride. We were never overtaken.

The solo trip down to Haast and through to Wanaka was more fun.

Just picked up an '18 ZX14R and look forward to doing the same soon.

That 1441 motor is a lovely thing. My god it's got some mumbo.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I've had 2 Gen 2 'Busa's, 70,000 km total ? Bought them both new. An '09 and the '11. Nothing scary about them unless you do something stupid.
    The effortless speed is the problem. Until recently the only speeding ticket I'd had was on a Blackbird, on a straight, cop oncoming. I just didn't realise I was doing 13x, felt like it was ticking over, I'm pootling along (OK, earlier that same day I wasn't uh... pootling)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    When’s the adventure version coming out 🤣😂🤣

There’s a newer video where he fits knobblies and crash bars.

Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Mufflers, ahhh. I thought they were wee flip up lid panniers.

For those interested, Matt Spears, he of Goldwing rolling fame (it lives BTW) has put knobbies on his Busa and took it hill climbing...

Rough but entertaining.
    On anything but those smooth fire roads most off road bikes would piss all over it, I watched his hill climb, by the time he go to the top I would have had a full days riding and been back home on the couch
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    The effortless speed is the problem. Until recently the only speeding ticket I'd had was on a Blackbird, on a straight, cop oncoming. I just didn't realise I was doing 13x, felt like it was ticking over, I'm pootling along (OK, earlier that same day I wasn't uh... pootling)
    I had a ZZR1200 for a while. It loved speed, would have been a great bike to own if I lived in the South Island.

I lost my licence for 28 days getting on the gas out of a fast corner. It didn't help that it was an 80 limit.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    I had a ZZR1200 for a while. It loved speed, would have been a great bike to own if I lived in the South Island.

I lost my licence for 28 days getting on the gas out of a fast corner. It didn't help that it was an 80 limit.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    effortless speed has been around for much longer than that. I once had a K100RS and found the wind noise too much. Thats when i first started using ear plugs and i found that on any road without other traffic i was going close to twice the speed limit until i recalibrated to the new noise levels

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    effortless speed has been around for much longer than that. I once had a K100RS and found the wind noise too much. Thats when i first started using ear plugs and i found that on any road without other traffic i was going close to twice the speed limit until i recalibrated to the new noise levels
    I had a few years off bikes while living in Aussie,1998 on my return bought a bike and started using earplugs. Can't stand to be without now.
    On the effortless speed side of it I miss my K6 gsxr1000, But now on the gsx1400 lounge suite, I'm content.
    Even tho it's low in HP the torgue is strong and generates effortless speed lol.
    I often think of younger days with small two strokes and using the gearbox.
    Wouldn't go back to that !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information