Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    In my defence, I was quoting a piece on Crash.net. Which is usually a solid source.
    And a further search found this from Reddit, perhaps where the crash.net misinformation came from?

In 2001 Valentino Rossi set a new lap record at Circuito de Jerez on his 'Factory' Honda NSR500: 1:43.779. On the final day of this year's Moto3 Test at the same circuit, José Antonio Rueda on his KTM: 1:43.276.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just listened to Oxley Bom podcast on new regulations and is a good recap once they've had time to seek some opinion.

Most interesting was the thoughts that the last 800 fiasco was mainly as a result of the stunning Bridgestone front tyre and at the wrong time the 800s also forced a particular riding style.

Also they were surprised that Michelin weren't asked what they could do. Rim width limits would curtail acceleration/ corner speed for a start.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Aleix special press conference announcement. Your guesses please lol

https://www.facebook.com/share/Nb3Ua...ibextid=oFDknk

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...ement-decision
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R100GSPD
    He is going to announce his retirement. He did some amazing things ,i remember he was fast on the "open" bikes. He has done some silly things to like finishing races 1 lap early. He has been a real asset to Aprilia

Bike
    Planned too, I reckon he is loyal enough for Aprilia to have a plan. I wonder if they have a replacement in line or signed?? Interesting move before Ducati have chosen their riders.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Yeah figured this was on the cards ?
    Pol was hurt a couple of times recently as well.. Test rider now I think ?

The Ol Asparagas riders !!! lol.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    So, money on Martin going to Aprilia now?
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Jump before you are pushed. He's done very well I think.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Dont think it will happen but if Pramac went to Yamaha that would put the whole perspective out of whack LOL

Why the hell Dorna dont just let Yamaha start an additional team?
    It's plain silly, plenty of top riders and more opportunity for the young fella's with more satellite teams

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Dont think it will happen but if Pramac went to Yamaha that would put the whole perspective out of whack LOL

Why the hell Dorna dont just let Yamaha start an additional team?
    It's plain silly, plenty of top riders and more opportunity for the young fella's with more satellite teams

Same reason F1 won't let another team in. Fixed pool of money to be split, more teams = less money.

Just possible new owners may come up with more money - but against that they want more races so probably not.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Well, bloody hell what a sprint.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    2001 zx9
    sure was - so many sad faces you've never seen ...

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jato View Post
    sure was - so many sad faces you've never seen ...
    well, except for Aleix, MM and PA lol. Good to see how well Aleix and MM get on. I also like it comment: "It was really slippery but I got faster at the end" lol
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Looks to me like the aprillia once again is the bike to have at this track. So where in Vinales?????

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Yeah, that was crazy. Perhaps we are starting to see the results of the pressure some riders are feeling, although Raul Fernandez probably just didn't know how to manage a race from the lead. Marquez v. Acosta is starting to warm up nicely.

I realised the main reason why the downloaded videos look better than what is on ThreeNow - they are 50 fps, so the motion looks smoother. They are large files though - even the sprint is 2.6 GB.

Thread Information