Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Here's a fun fact for you older generation. I'm a millennial and I've never once in my life listened to a podcast lol.

Must be time I got onboard
    When I first went looking for podcasts the sheer volume was bewildering and it has got much bigger since then. You will probably come across some podcasts that are objectionable nonsense. I know I did. Now I listen to a variety of Brit and American news and political comment podcasts, a military site, and there are comedy shows and some that actually deal with bikes.

The BBC Global News podcast is up to date international news. That's a good one to fall asleep to, nicely moderated speaking voices and no outbursts of laughter to wake you up again.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Here's a fun fact for you older generation. I'm a millennial and I've never once in my life listened to a podcast lol.

Must be time I got onboard
    I'm gen X, technically, and I rarely listen to podcasts. I prefer typing txt into a MUD or BBS, or IRC.. or stuff like that. Also I ride bikes without rider aids lol
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    I used to run a bbs too.

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    We (wifey) like listening to a podcast to get to sleep . You can learn all manner of interesting things, like how people start cults. We're planning ours if anyone is interested in joining as a serf, but we are both a bit too lazy to put in the hard yards to get it off the ground.

We will brand under the Wellness/Spirituality banner. You will of course need to be rich, attractive, and easily manipulated, as well as not complain when sex acts are performed on you if God (me, broadly speaking) deems it necessary.

Applications on the back of a $100 note to the usual address.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    We (wifey) like listening to a podcast to get to sleep . You can learn all manner of interesting things, like how people start cults. We're planning ours if anyone is interested in joining as a serf, but we are both a bit too lazy to put in the hard yards to get it off the ground.

I'm in if we get to ride your bikes whenever we choose LMAO

Postcasts = self inflicted brainwashing - I have a mate that went antivax he now disbelieves anything on mainstream news or even close friends opinions about almost any subject.
    Just because some crackpot spouting crap has a degree doesn't mean they are not a crackpot.
    I tend to agree about the news being one sided sensationalist bullshit but Total immersion into anything (except racing bikes) is not good.
    The internet is the new breeding ground and you don't even have to get off your ass and go live in a cult.

On a lighter note: I just did 2 trackdays (Manfeild and Taupo) in two weeks and had a holiday at Mt Maunganui in the middle. Bloody great my Loyal Pit Bitch lets me take bikes on Holiday
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I don't think you are grasping what kind if cult this will be. You'll be too busy making illegal knock off Nike to engage in anything else .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Postcasts = self inflicted brainwashing - I have a mate that went antivax he now disbelieves anything on mainstream news or even close friends opinions about almost any subject.
    Just because some crackpot spouting crap has a degree doesn't mean they are not a crackpot.
    I tend to agree about the news being one sided sensationalist bullshit but Total immersion into anything (except racing bikes) is not good.
    The internet is the new breeding ground and you don't even have to get off your ass and go live in a cult.
    Care is required, the algorithms are not your friends. The BBC Global News is still the gold standard for international news. On the Global News they use moderated tones and you won't get awoken by shouting or laughter just after you got to sleep.

Within Britain the BBC is fully into both sides-ism. One example of this annoyed me immensely. A reporter claimed to have information that there was Russian money in the British election. The BBC wanted to interview her about this. They couldn't have her making her statements unopposed, so they needed someone to present the other side. This was a problem, they didn't know of anybody who was pro Russian money in British elections. Since the reporter was known to be anti Brexit though, they invited a pro Brexit woman in. During the "interview" the pro Brexit woman shouted her pro Brexit crap non stop and the reporter didn't get a word in about her Russian money story. The BBC host just sat there looking stupid. A total fail.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I dont listen to podcasts. I listen to t'wireless.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah obviously skip past anything Joe Rogan or Jordan Peterson. I agree BBC for info.

Two good starters are The Inquiry and Witness which are snippets of one question examined, or witness interview of historical events.

I know we are getting off topic but just in break there not much motogp, so I will give an example of a podcast series I enjoyed and re-listened to recently.

What we saw the cold war. Search on common podcast players.

Bill Wittle is an aging political commentator but I think he has a good handle observing historical events. Some of it is surprising. He is American but he's not always "RahRah! we are great" - and his wife is apparently Russian. He does a great Moon landing series too. Although your friend might wish to skip that one because it is clearly made up.

No, my advice is just keep comms open. Hopefully this will blow over when they get sick of feeding off each other and crave their old sensible friends to talk bikes and Bury the imagined hachet.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    your friend might wish to skip that one because it is clearly made up.
    Excellent. And according to my watch there is a new episode of the Oxley Bom podcast out.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Ok so wo the heck are we going to give our hard earned cash to this year??

MotoGP renew is 140 Euro or $246-00 NZD at least 1 can watch when I choose (normally 7am the morning after of the race from the previous night).
    I will prob pay the MotoGP sub or extra for this convenience as I have so many net feeds on my phone and computer its very hard to avoid the result.

Are the tests on the 6th and 19th of Feb in Sepang going to be on the MotoGP subscription as they will be interesting this year with so many bike swaps?

Who are you guys going with to watch this year??
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Ok so wo the heck are we going to give our hard earned cash to this year??

MotoGP renew is 140 Euro or $246-00 NZD at least 1 can watch when I choose (normally 7am the morning after of the race from the previous night).
    I will prob pay the MotoGP sub or extra for this convenience as I have so many net feeds on my phone and computer its very hard to avoid the result.

Are the tests on the 6th and 19th of Feb in Sepang going to be on the MotoGP subscription as they will be interesting this year with so many bike swaps?

Who are you guys going with to watch this year??
    have muddled by with sky sparl sport and tvnz last couple of years. I might plump for motogp as i have finally ditched sky

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Motogp, but I go to a mate who has it. I should really contribute some dollars but always buy the chippies and 3 of us take turns with the beer. Better watching it in a group I figure, but I only see big class races. Not that I have time to watch others anyways.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So TVNZ aren't going to continue with the contract?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    GSXR1000
    So TVNZ aren't going to continue with the contract?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    No news on it, and they would have to pay for it instead of picking up the left overs from Spark, which was a paid service.

Thread Information