Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Neil Hodgson is the resident 'expert' commentator. He won BSB and World Superbike titles. Did a season in MotoGP and raced AMA. He knows his way around a track.
    Dunno who the other guy is.
    Gavin Emmett.

Having listened to both commentary teams this season, I prefer the MotoGP coverage, mainly because of Simon Crafar.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    quote:Crash.Net
    Marc Marquez is no longer seen as an “alien” by Fabio di Giannantonio.
    Marquez enters this weekend’s French MotoGP at Le Mans hopeful of a first victory on a Ducati, after insisting his adaptation to a new bike is complete.
    But Di Giannantonio, who rides the same GP23 Ducati as Marquez, has suggested that the eight-time world champion is not striking fear into his rivals anymore.
    VR46’s Di Giannantonio told Motosprint that he notices how Gresini’s Marquez rides the Ducati when on-track together.Quote :

Lol when you can keep up Giannantonio, you can say that !!!!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Gavin Emmett.

Having listened to both commentary teams this season, I prefer the MotoGP coverage, mainly because of Simon Crafar.

Me too, plus the TNT accents are less refined to the kiwi ear without adding any more value than the waffle the other crowd does. Not worth forking out my hard earned for though...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Me too, plus the TNT accents are less refined to the kiwi ear without adding any more value than the waffle the other crowd does. Not worth forking out my hard earned for though...
    You can find the Dorna commentary here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Motorsports..._full_session/

Just takes a few minutes on the phone to download, then I watch on the TV using Chromecast. Probably a good idea to use a VPN.

I'd prefer not to do it, but it's either this or put up with the second rate coverage on ThreeNow.

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Looks like the sprint race will be 1am tonight ? (converting the poms tv schedule to NZ time) go mav , get heaps more points cos i want to retire early ...

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jato View Post
    Looks like the sprint race will be 1am tonight ? (converting the poms tv schedule to NZ time) go mav , get heaps more points cos i want to retire early ...

interesting sprint.. sucks to be PB. MM 13-4 in 3 corners, lol
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by jato View Post
    I'm doing a shuffle between who has it at the best times. Watched quality on 3now, downloaded a torrent off Reddit for the sprint this morning. Still deciding if I'll get up or stay up for 3now at midnight or another torrent as 3now didn't have the sprint up in time this morning. I guess the $240 sub takes all this away lol
    Riding to Napier on the morning so need some shuteye lol
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    I'm doing a shuffle between who has it at the best times. Watched quality on 3now, downloaded a torrent off Reddit for the sprint this morning. Still deciding if I'll get up or stay up for 3now at midnight or another torrent as 3now didn't have the sprint up in time this morning. I guess the $240 sub takes all this away lol
    Riding to Napier on the morning so need some shuteye lol
    I use motomundo.net - you cant cast it to the TV but you get Simon

Flippin epic GP though.. MM with a clear track chasin PB and Martin was .5 of a second faster. MM said that with new tyres they are all about the same, its only as they wear (I guess due to styles/setups/skills they all wear differently) that some riders get an advantage. Jorge Martin is quite amazing in this race, especially the last 3 laps.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I am still going month by month on Motogp.com .Have to keep an eye o the dates cos they will auto renew if you dont untick that .I will not renew for the summer break of ourse. At some point i will jump o the reduced rates as the season nears the end. will have to give tv3 now a look.Yes MM 13th to podium on Saturday and Sunday .He seems to cope with worn tyres quite well. And Acosta was human this weekend.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    That was a good race, considering the problems with aero, overheating front tyres, etc. that are meant to prevent close racing!

Ducati's problem is that they will want to keep Marquez and Martin on Ducatis and not go to Aprilia or KTM. My guess is that may mean Martin in the factory team and Marquez and Bastianini on the latest spec bikes somehow.

How did Acosta manage to crash like that and not take anyone else out?

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    That was a good race, considering the problems with aero, overheating front tyres, etc. that are meant to prevent close racing!

Ducati's problem is that they will want to keep Marquez and Martin on Ducatis and not go to Aprilia or KTM. My guess is that may mean Martin in the factory team and Marquez and Bastianini on the latest spec bikes somehow.

How did Acosta manage to crash like that and not take anyone else out?

So, Miller is possibly going to Honda, and apparently KTM/Redbull have approached Martin. He rode for them in Moto2, so unless Ducati have offered him a spot on the downlow I reckon he's likely gone. He hinted at it in the press conference.

Personally, I think MM would be great on a KTM - more front wheel riding and back slidey.

Also apparently Honda have made a huge offer for Vinales too, so there might be an aprilia option oo, maybe even 2 spots if Aleix retires (I think he should)

I think though Ducati wont change the factory team but they'll give MM a latest spec bike. Martin to KTM and next year will be hella exciting.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well that's easy. Pramac and possibly Gresini is going to Yamaha because, business. So the GP25s will be offered to the next Ducati team. Then Maquez can ride for Rossi's team. . . . Oh. Right.

Well Martin can. And MM team with Peco. Ah.

Right. So Freddie Spenser will squeeze on his old leathers and Make Honda Great Again.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Pit Beirer has said that he doesn't think Marc is a realistic option for KTM as he wouldn't want to change bikes again. He has also put Miller and Fernandez on notice, saying he'd like to keep them both but their performance is lacking.

So KTM will probably be looking for 2 riders

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Another interesting article, which does actually make sense!

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...togp/10611468/

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I'm not neceessarily an MM Fan but you gotta give him credit for being up there with Bagnia and Martin.
    That move on Bagnia on the last lap was pure class.
    Bagnia was pissed of (as you would be) and the fact it was clean as made it hurt more I reckon.

MM quite is stunning this year this year
    Love to see him on a factory bike and stay with this team. I'd give them and Pramac one factory bike each.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Thread Information