Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Yeah, that was crazy. Perhaps we are starting to see the results of the pressure some riders are feeling, although Raul Fernandez probably just didn't know how to manage a race from the lead. Marquez v. Acosta is starting to warm up nicely.

I realised the main reason why the downloaded videos look better than what is on ThreeNow - they are 50 fps, so the motion looks smoother. They are large files though - even the sprint is 2.6 GB.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Data is cheap these days

The Main race wasnt quite as epic as the sprint but was still pretty cool. Interesting MM said he chose the soft not the medium because if you choose the medium you cant attack in the first laps and then you have no chance of podium. He got a bad start but didnt stress his tires as he worked through the pack he said. Makes sense when you hear it, I think (at least, to me anyway).
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Great sprint very top notch Good race as said we are seeing the same 3 faces up on the podium.
    Cream does rise to the top.
    Pleased for Aliex sprint win tho, that was lucky but good.

Enea deliberately ignored the penalties naughty boy

Prob not watching as much as I would with a sub but managing quite well. 3now live for qually, download the sprint, then watched the race live not so bad
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I agree, the sprint was amazing!
    The race was pretty good too. I picked Bagnaia to win, but admit it was at best a lucky guess with this years field. I do feel the electronics now allow a tier B rider be very, very close to the very top talented tier A riders - to the point that if there is the slightest small issue with a tier A riders setup, they can get beaten by a tier B rider.
    Tier A riders this year do seem to be Bagnaia, Martin and MM. Acosta will not be to far away with a little more experience - and patience. I do feel that once he has his extreme ride style fully sorted, he will enjoy a period of near invincibility until other riders start adapting his style into theirs.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Tier A riders this year do seem to be Bagnaia, Martin and MM. Acosta will not be to far away with a little more experience - and patience. I do feel that once he has his extreme ride style fully sorted, he will enjoy a period of near invincibility until other riders start adapting his style into theirs.
    I feel like I noticed MM does do some of the things Acosta does too, but it just could be they are both quite aggressive.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    I feel like I noticed MM does do some of the things Acosta does too, but it just could be they are both quite aggressive.
    You would be 100 percent correct~

From the article below, quote from MM after the sprint race "I don’t know how much risk he was taking because he’s super fast in that area but he’s playing a lot with his body. He was fast in a circuit when if you’re with that riding style, you struggle. But he was carrying a lot the speed and it was impressive. I tried to copy him some laps but I saw too many risks so I went again with my style.”
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...as-riding-well

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    AH HAH! finally all these hours of reading forums and watching YT have paid off lol
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I never noticed until I read the article

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Data is cheap these days

......................... Interesting MM said he chose the soft not the medium because if you choose the medium you cant attack in the first laps and then you have no chance of podium. He got a bad start but didnt stress his tires as he worked through the pack he said. Makes sense when you hear it, I think (at least, to me anyway).
    I reckon he sat back behind Frankie for quite a while babying the tyres. I dont think he was "stuck" there ,but was just being as conservative as he could until the last few laps

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    You would be 100 percent correct~

From the article below, quote from MM after the sprint race "I don’t know how much risk he was taking because he’s super fast in that area but he’s playing a lot with his body. He was fast in a circuit when if you’re with that riding style, you struggle. But he was carrying a lot the speed and it was impressive. I tried to copy him some laps but I saw too many risks so I went again with my style.”
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...as-riding-well
    It looked like MM deliberately followed Acosta for a few laps to watch his riding style. You can't ride a Ducati like a KTM, it would be interesting to see them both on the same bike.

Despite Bagnaia winning the race, he has still dropped another point to Martin, whose sole focus appears to be gaining the maximum possible points every race. Unless he has a number of DNF's, it is difficult to see anyone else winning the championship.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    It looked like MM deliberately followed Acosta for a few laps to watch his riding style. You can't ride a Ducati like a KTM, it would be interesting to see them both on the same bike.
    He said he did in one of his interviews for a few laps - in the spring I think??
    But trying to copy Acosta's style was slowing MM down so he went back to his style.
    Made some comments about how Acosta leans off and turns the bike, I think.

Not a complete MM fan but jeepers
    1. He is really enjoying himself and
    2. nobody but nobody is up with Bags and Martin. He is really showing his class on that GP23 first year in with no previous data.
    Long session yet if JM falls off or DNF anything could happen.
    Bagnia a bit dry, JM a bit to into me me me, but MM's having a ball. I didn't want him to beat Rossi's record and get 9, but don't mind so much now.
    You gotta say nobody lights up the weekend quite like MM.

Acosta has it as well but with his frankness
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    You gotta say nobody lights up the weekend quite like MM.

Acosta has it as well but with his frankness
    Acosta, MM and Binder just make it a bit less crusty eh?

I reckon if none of them were riding, and all we had was Bags, and Martin I'd be like F1.. boring AF.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I reckon if none of them were riding, and all we had was Bags, and Martin I'd be like F1.. boring AF.
    Like last year! Not as bad as F1 though.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    This article by Mat Oxley is definitely worth a read. It you've seen Aleix's press conference, you can skip the first part.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...7CTOB2,7OYQY,1

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I do like Oxley articles. Pity they only seem to be available on a car based website I'm not subscribed to that as I super don't care about car stuff.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on

Seen this?

Apparently the Aussie Popo are looking for camera footage of bikers going fast ...

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/australia...t-bullet-train

They should watch MotoGP
    =mjc=

Thread Information