Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I've been setting an alarm for 5mins before race start and watching in bed.
    There's a thought. It's not like I have to get up to go to work.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    TBH I think MMs strategy has been the smartest and most considered in the paddock. He was overriding the Honda because otherwise he'd just fade to irrelevance like [insert honda riders name here].

But now he's on the learn. Watch out Cota. The Master is lurking and learning , biding his time, ready to strike.

. . . Of course, Acosta cares nothing for all this planning and will crash the party. Hey I'm here.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    What Marc has gained now is patience. He was waiting for the tyres to come to him, then when he saw Acosta pass Pecco, he decided it was time to go. He probably didn't expect Pecco to come back like that, but then I don't think anyone else anticipated that move either.

I can't wait for COTA. Can Rins do it again? Who knows, it's not a great Ducati track.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    MM's grinning from ear to ear about his decision to move, look where the Hondas are ATM
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    MM's grinning from ear to ear about his decision to move, look where the Hondas are ATM
    I heard Honda were looking to throw their bikes on a trailer and hook it up to the pace car in order to improve their lap times.

Sent from my CPH2499 using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Mat Oxley got a photo of a GP24 with the faring off: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...gp24-stripped/

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Mat Oxley got a photo of a GP24 with the faring off: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...gp24-stripped/

Yeah I saw that on some other page. It is interesting but i dunno if I'd be trusting my lateral flex to a couple of wee strips of aluminium :P
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by iYRe View Post
    Yeah I saw that on some other page. It is interesting but i dunno if I'd be trusting my lateral flex to a couple of wee strips of aluminium :P
    i bet the wee strips of aluminium have very very well known properties and the results of the data are scrutinized closely to enable further tuning

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is apparently an article in the Financial Times UK that Liberty, the rights holders for F1, are about to make an offer for MotoGP. This is currently the topic of the day on X.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Rins is definitely the danger man when it comes to COTA I think. Hope he can show up and throw down on the Yamaha.

My problem with MM and the Ducati is not so much that he can't ride the bike, but more that its so full of down force thay he can't abuse the fuck out of the front to make the difference like on the Honda. He's definitely riding it very well, but its very hard to pick out any differences between the Ducati riders, especially as they're all so smart and will look at his data and copy anything he's doing better. As a result I'm struggling big time to see big result for him this season vs the 24 bikes as he needs to get onto winning before they improve more. COTA will be his best shot for sure

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    There is apparently an article in the Financial Times UK that Liberty, the rights holders for F1, are about to make an offer for MotoGP. This is currently the topic of the day on X.
    Some on this

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...urchase-motogp

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i bet the wee strips of aluminium have very very well known properties and the results of the data are scrutinized closely to enable further tuning
    From the angle of the pic you can't tell if there's a stiffening web on the back edge. Wouldn't surprise me if there is one there.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I'm seeing rumors on at least one other site that it'll be announced at COTA. Liberty are US based and announcing it there would have the biggest impact in the US.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    especially as they're all so smart and will look at his data and copy anything he's doing better.

There's comments from certain riders who have seen Marc's data or observed him on track and stated that they can see what he's doing but can't do it themselves or understand how he does it. Seeing data is one thing, replicating it is something else entirely.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    There's comments from certain riders who have seen Marc's data or observed him on track and stated that they can see what he's doing but can't do it themselves or understand how he does it. Seeing data is one thing, replicating it is something else entirely.
    There's a big difference between Crutchlow and Martin/Bags etc though. Unfortunately for him it looks like the 24 bike is a decent step up on the 23, going off how he's the only one really looking good in it every session, where in previous years the previous gen bike was noticably better in the first rounds.

Will be interesting to see where things head, I at least see Marc on a full spec bike at Pramac or Gresini next year

Thread Information