Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2024

Bike
    GSXR1000
    There's rumblings about a clause Ducati had that JM was happy to accept but Marc wasn't which forced their hand. The clause supposedly stipulated that the seat was JM's unless Marc won the championship.

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    There's rumblings about a clause Ducati had that JM was happy to accept but Marc wasn't which forced their hand. The clause supposedly stipulated that the seat was JM's unless Marc won the championship.
    Yeah I heard that too.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    I also think MM had the possibility of winning the championship with Gresini if he wasn't catered for. (he still could)
    He is now more likely to treat it as a warm up year. Although nothing is a warm up for him once the red mist descends.
    They just couldn't have him there to win against the factory.
    Although Ducati have been very good with team orders and bikes over the last few years and respect them for their stance.
    I think MM saying he wasn't going to Pramac was a master stroke, took balls too.
    Forced their hand with the red team decision.
    Very strategic, he has pretty much out maneuvered damn near everyone between his track results and making a stand

Imagine if Acosta was on the same Machinery now that give a few a fright LOL
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I read that too, the plan was whoever finished highest in championship would get the seat. But it's difficult to believe it was a serious proposal because of the issues waiting that long would cause.

I feel sorry for Bastianini, but he has a decent ride next year and I hope he does well.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I hope the Supertramp effect comes into play. For those who haven't seen documentary, they were supported band that lost their funding. This time it's serious. Crime of the Century album was the result.

According to Oxley, Doohan rejected a salary from hrc and working on bonuses for 1st places only, kept winning as he was hungry only for the win.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I've got a soft spot for Vinales too, but not in a good way...

https://m.gpone.com/en/2024/06/12/mo...ni-in-ktm.html

Sent from my CPH2499 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hell, would love to see coverage of this race!
    https://www.mcnews.com.au/race-of-ch...quez-brothers/

Sent from my CPH2499 using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Rumour or fact???
    Bad move be surprised if Vinales can make it, he hasn't got the head.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...itch/10622798/

Unfortunately Jack is on the outer shame he couldn't put it together.

https://speedcafe.com/ktm-gives-clea...k-miller-exit/
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    GSXR1000

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Wow.
    I'm not sure Mavs style is well adapted to the back it in the ktm wants?

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I'm so fucking confused by Maverick, he's gelled well with the Aprilia and riding really well, yet he's off to a satellite team?

Much confused. Bet there's big dollars involved.

I'm picking Olivera will get the promotion now, he's not been doing too well this year (after the horror of last year) but it's a brand new team and he's got the past form to call upon. Unless he's too busy rooting his stepsis/wife and doesn't have the desire anymore. Then again I've been wrong in most my picks so who knows?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I'm so fucking confused by Maverick, he's gelled well with the Aprilia and riding really well, yet he's off to a satellite team?
    I heard somewhere that Aprilia were looking for someone more consistent now, because Martin. I think it might have been on the paddock pass podcast on YT - which is a pretty good podcast imho. The most recent one covered some IOTT as well.

There was some discussion about him going to Honda.

EDIT: Miller and Fernadez are gone.
    "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Anatole France
    "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't." - Anatole France
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    David Emmett (Motomatters) says that Maverick is upset by the arrival of Jorge Martin, who presumably is being paid more. I suspect there's more to that story...

Starting to look as though Nobody Likes Jorge?

But that opens up another seat. I expect Aprilia will have plenty of riders to choose from.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    2007 Triumph Tiger 1050
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there was no vacancies and now there's a few.
    ZRXOA #9170

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well Freddie Spencer must be being tired of being criticised by now.
    Time to slide on the old leathers and show these younglings how to ride in a (is it 5th? [abortive]) comeback.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information