Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Oh that guy.
    Yeah have a lot of skepticism for YouTube 'Experts'
    Bit harsh on Brett Tkacs, I believe he's been here to speak at the invitation of the motorcycle safety people.

Plus he has an astoundingly smooth helmet-to-cloth cap routine going on in his videos (he's thinning a bit...)
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    Bit harsh on Brett Tkacs, I believe he's been here to speak at the invitation of the motorcycle safety people.

Plus he has an astoundingly smooth helmet-to-cloth cap routine going on in his videos (he's thinning a bit...)
    I think he was meant to speak at Shiny Side Up during one of the Covid years? Not sure if it went ahead?

I rarely watch YouTube unless I need to learn how to do something. Life is too short!

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Jordan Peterson gets invites to talk everywhere and Joe Rogan has his own platform. Now I'm not comparing to those two specimens, I'm just saying just because someone gets a platform to talk it doesn't make them an expert.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Jordan Peterson gets invites to talk everywhere and Joe Rogan has his own platform. Now I'm not comparing to those two specimens, I'm just saying just because someone gets a platform to talk it doesn't make them an expert.
    True, but the guy has been doing motorcycle training since 1996 apparently (was Youtube even a thing back then?)

But I guess everybody is an expert thanks to the the internet these days.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    I rarely watch YouTube unless I need to learn how to do something.
    Me too.

I can fold a towel into the shape of a dogs head now.

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Me too.

Photo?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Breed? .

Bike
    suzuki
    you mean the people that pay riders to do stunts in singlets, jeans and sneakers at their safety days?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Me too.

me too, but the dog has been run over by a steam roller

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you mean the people that pay riders to do stunts in singlets, jeans and sneakers at their safety days?
    Do I? Did they crash and burn, or were they, I don't know, 'experts' at stunt riding, perhaps?
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    The better Btkacs video to watch is the shoei personal fitnent one.

ThereÂ’s a couple of gems of information in there that help with good fit.

Any helmet you own now or plan to purchase put on and look in mirror. Your eyes should sit in centre of visor area. I thought my head shape had changed with age and struggled being in between shoei size. Current size is little too tight but next one up too loose.
    After watching BretÂ’s vid IÂ’ve slipped a small soft rage in to lift fitment ever so slightly. Perfect fit and now my glasses go in and out the proper gap easier.
    For what itÂ’s worth Bell and AGV are too narrow for my head, shoei and HJC seem only thing that fits. But next time I go kid shopping IÂ’m planning on taking some spacers to experiment.

If the polystyrene “ages” one should consider manufacture date and how long it sits on bike shop shelf as part of lifespan. I think as long as it’s stored in good environment should be fine. I have a ten year old lid I still use for work commute and coffee rides.
    The real damage is the impact itself hence authorities obsession with speed. A helmet old or new is just spreading the impact area.in a minor fall thereÂ’s prob a diff in performance but in a half decent crash your brain is doing an awful bad wobble inside skull.Apparently brain is consistentlcy of butter and the internal skull bone is quite rough(prob to hold brain steady in normal life).
    Just look at the brain damage boxers undergo and they are being walloped with a nice soft padded glove.
    Yes but as good as you can and replace often as you like but I think we percieve a greater value of protection than reality. Otherwise by now stats would come out of head injuries from patients with cheap helmets vs expensive helmets and there would be some kind of govt intervention/regulation but thereÂ’s only a basic level of regulation on helmets.
    We need a Ryan F9 episode of destruction testing on this.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    It was on the good
    Breed? .
    You smooth talking bastard.

Bike
    suzuki
    Do I? Did they crash and burn, or were they, I don't know, 'experts' at stunt riding, perhaps?
    the thing they are trying to tell you is all the gear all the time, you're never too good to crash and need your gear, funny that. And yes, not every one of them stayed on.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    the thing they are trying to tell you is all the gear all the time, you're never too good to crash and need your gear, funny that. And yes, not every one of them stayed on.
    Fair enough, again I think you're being a bit harsh. I've been seeing ads for jeans that are triple A rated lately, none of the gear I wear probably comes close to that.

And I'm still wearing a 10 year old helmet, so I wouldn't recommend listening to anything I say anyway...
    - The Simpsons

Thread Information