Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PM Chloe Swarbrick

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah, but I don't recall Jenny Shipley or Helen Clark inspiring masses of young voters. Which is what the Republicans are worried about.

Britain has one such at the moment. It doesn't seem to be working out as you expect.
    Didn’t the republicans have that chick in Alaska???

That pommy chap is making a right hash of it. Trouble is due to the whole four year cycle thing we’ll never go through enough diverse leaders to really know who’s better or worse. And look at Obama, did he really change anything for the longer term?
    Society really needs to go back to meritocracy and judge people by results and not identity otherwise we have several lost decades of no significant technological or social progress.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Didn’t the republicans have that chick in Alaska???
    Sarah Palin? That could've been worse, it might have been Michele Bachman.

https://theweek.com/articles/482642/...bachmann-cover

No female politician is comparable to Taylor Swift, she is not a politician. The Republicans are worried that she could mobilise a virtual army of young voters.

Some RWNJs have theorised that Swift is hanging out with a football star to gain fame from the association. I'm not a fan of Swift particularly but I suspect she's way more famous and wealthy than her football player.

Now they have decided she's a psy op. Untreated paranoia could lead to conclusions like that I guess.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Maybe a few commentators perhaps but really all that happens is the celebrities involved ending up devaluing their brands given how polarising USA politics is.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Maybe a few commentators perhaps but really all that happens is the celebrities involved ending up devaluing their brands given how polarising USA politics is.
    Fox news has gone nuts deep in the Swift "psy op" malarkey, emphasis on the "nuts"!

It did not seem to do her brand any harm in 2018 and 2020.
    In 2018 all she said was register to vote, not even who to vote for and the gop were falling all over the place clutching their pearls. They only seem to like free speech when it is them talking

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...-new-co-leader

Upset about the “ the “stitch up” that was legacy politics, represented by the Labour and National parties, that “limits the oxygen and the options that people need to imagine and, in turn, limiting real world results”.”

She forgets that the system just gave her six years of unearned oxygen thanks to Jacinda.talk about bite the hand that feeds you.

Says “The country voted for the MMP electoral system,in the 1990s to “break” a duopoly political system, she said.” Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees. Like their policies or not the current three way of national/act/nzf is seeing a great diversity of policy options come together.

While having this big cry about inclusivity she continues on to say she will work to make greens dominate voice of left 🤣😂😀😂😀😂. Yep that’s what the left is about, one big dominate party in control, sounds lot like “ legacy politics” lol

God help us if labour falls apart more and she captures the youth/women vote like Jacinda did

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Blog Entries
    Says “The country voted for the MMP electoral system,in the 1990s to “break” a duopoly political system, she said.” Talk about not seeing the wood for the trees. Like their policies or not the current three way of national/act/nzf is seeing a great diversity of policy options come together.
    I think she has a point, although in a different way – given how much Labour and National have mimicked each other’s policies over the years since MMP was brought in, a grand coalition between the two would easily be the most stable, democratic outcome for voters. it might even make some decent, long term planning possible.

The vested interests on both sides (in so far as they are ‘sides’, more like degrees of difference) won’t let that happen. That, to me, smacks of contempt on behalf of both parties for the system and the voters.
    Moe: Well, I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I...I can't compete with that stuff.
    - The Simpsons

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by nerrrd View Post
    I think she has a point, although in a different way – given how much Labour and National have mimicked each other’s policies over the years since MMP was brought in, a grand coalition between the two would easily be the most stable, democratic outcome for voters. it might even make some decent, long term planning possible.

The vested interests on both sides (in so far as they are ‘sides’, more like degrees of difference) won’t let that happen. That, to me, smacks of contempt on behalf of both parties for the system and the voters.
    its a gravy train. I am sure they have altruistic ideas but they have a career and a living for life if they ca stick around.They will hang onto that as long as they can

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    I thought the Greens put in their constitution that they would have co-leaders, one male and one female? That's what they've had for a while now.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by oakie View Post
    i thought the greens put in their constitution that they would have co-leaders, one male and one female? That's what they've had for a while now.

under the green party's constitution, the party is led by two co-leaders. Historically, it was required that one of the co-leaders be female and the other male. However, the constitution was amended in may 2022 to remove the requirement that one co-leader be male. Additionally, it was resolved that one of the two co-leaders must be maori
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Rocket 111 Touring (2010)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    I thought the Greens put in their constitution that they would have co-leaders, one male and one female? That's what they've had for a while now.
    One fancies men the other fancies women. Isn't that the same?

Sent from my Lenovo TB-J606F using Tapatalk

Bike
    husaberg
    look; at Obama, did he really change anything for the longer term?
    Other than the millions who got access to life saving free heathcare......
    Society really needs to go back to meritocracy and judge people by results and not identity
    Like all those COVID deaths Trump needlessly caused, or millions in fraud or the election he attempted to overthrow.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Damn that didn’t take long, new greens scandal emerging just after Grab a bargain pleads guilty to all four charges.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...itation-claims

The Green Party has suspended one of its MPs, Darleen Tana, and appointed an independent lawyer to investigate her conduct after a Stuff investigation into allegations of migrant exploitation at a business owned by her husband.
    The Greens suspended Tana on Thursday afternoon after Stuff put a series of questions to her about the allegations that the company, E-Bikes NZ, employed a worker who was in New Zealand on a visitor visa, and paid him in cash until he secured a work visa.
    The worker, Santiago Latour Palma, says that he completed a one-day work trial at the business under the oversight of Tana, and was paid in cash.
    Palma claims he is owed about $25,000 in wages and holiday pay by the business. He has lodged an ERA claim.

MPs, Darleen Tana, and appointed an independent lawyer to investigate her conduct after a Stuff investigation into allegations of migrant exploitation at a business owned by her husband.
    The Greens suspended Tana on Thursday afternoon after Stuff put a series of questions to her about the allegations that the company, E-Bikes NZ, employed a worker who was in New Zealand on a visitor visa, and paid him in cash until he secured a work visa.
    The worker, Santiago Latour Palma, says that he completed a one-day work trial at the business under the oversight of Tana, and was paid in cash.
    Palma claims he is owed about $25,000 in wages and holiday pay by the business. He has lodged an ERA claim.

Bike
    husaberg
    Damn that didn’t take long, new greens scandal emerging just after Grab a bargain pleads guilty to all four charges.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...itation-claims

The Green Party has suspended one of its MPs, Darleen Tana, and appointed an independent lawyer to investigate her conduct after a Stuff investigation into allegations of migrant exploitation at a business owned by her husband.

MPs, Darleen Tana, and appointed an independent lawyer to investigate her conduct after a Stuff investigation into allegations of migrant exploitation at a business owned by her husband.
    So to you its a scandal that the party suspended a person that as a result of an independent investigation from a journalist organisation is under suspicion.
    yet you say nothing when other parties don't suspend nz MP's and encourage non co-operation with police and also when the current govt want to get rid of independent journalists....
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries

eek

I’m usually all for “yay you go gurl” but I have to say Chloe ( sorry cant find the cool umlaut to decorate her name with) makes me feel like I’m breaking out in hives. There is just something uber smug and soooo condescending about the delivery of everything that comes out of her mouth. To me she comes across as trying too hard to be the next big thing in pollytix jumping on bandwagons and chanting slogans to her devotees.
    You know how some ppl just make you want to punch them in the face? Well…(and I’m not normally a violent person )
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I’m usually all for “yay you go gurl” but I have to say Chloe ( sorry cant find the cool umlaut to decorate her name with) makes me feel like I’m breaking out in hives. There is just something uber smug and soooo condescending about the delivery of everything that comes out of her mouth. To me she comes across as trying too hard to be the next big thing in pollytix jumping on bandwagons and chanting slogans to her devotees.
    You know how some ppl just make you want to punch them in the face? Well…(and I’m not normally a violent person )
    The scary thing is there is a generation of youngsters brainwashed by education system that think she is the Joan of Arc of our time. The youth have a thirst for revolution.unfortunately few have studied history enough to know what that always leads too….

I’ve yet to here any real solutions for anything come from here, just rants about how bad everything is, she should be on kiwibiker lol

Thread Information