Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic Sea Lily's Maiden Voyage! (Entry 1)

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Smile Celtic Sea Lily's Maiden Voyage! (Entry 1)

I'm up! I'm up! I wanna go back to my nice warm snuggly bed.

Well I'm going as far as Taupo today, I'm just taking S/H 1 the whole way with lotsa stops along the way and I'm meeting up with Ching Ching in Taihape. The forecast is for rain, rain and oh...rain This will not discourage me though! At the moment here in Wellington it's still & not raining - please weather Gods look down on this fair maiden and grant her dry passage, pretty pleeeeeaaaaase.

Just wanted to say "Thanks!" to all the friendly & helpful riders here who have encouraged me & given me lots of good advice for my first big ride.

Cheers Sweeties! Cathy
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    03 Ducati M800Si.e. 04 Ducati M1000Si.e.
    And the weather's much better than last night. Have a safe journey. Say "hi" to Gentleman Ching for me.

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Weird. I used to regularly ride between Thames and Wellington, and it regularly rained on the way home (north). Never on the south trip, mind, just when going north...
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike

Spotted!!!!!

Spotted: 7.23am, on the Wellington Motorway, near the Tinakori Road exit. There was Celtic Sea Lily, all geared up, heading north. Sky was blue, breeze was light, road mainly dry with a few damp patches here and there.

Matthewt - your ex-tank bag and tail piece looked grand.

Happy travelling CSL!

Bike
    CB1300
    Good luck. Remmember shiny side up black bit down.

Bike
    07 R1

Celtic's Maiden Voyage... Ching's entry.

Yo folks, howzits,

Planned to get up at 7:00am... didn't get up till 8:15am. Kicked the cat off my bed (mattress on the floor actually). Rubbed the boogers out of my eyes and commenced with the 'morning' ritual, cher. Can't stuff around. After purging the filth from my body by way of shower, I offer edible substances to my cat that will contribute towards it's overweight condition. No breakkie, running a bit late, besides I need to lose weight more than my cat does.

9:00am I'm garbed up and swing my leg over my ride (freshly 'pledged' last night... she looks shiny, also pre-ride check conducted last night, all fluids, electrics, steering and chain tension and condition, rims and fairings, etc. All good. Hit the road at about 9:15am and head for the BP to pump tyres up to preferred pressure (front 36, back 37.5).

9:30am And I'm off. Light sprinkles in Turangi but slowly disappears about 15kms out. Quite a bit of roadworks happening at the moment not to mention the slightly wet conditions so take it a bit easy (cross winds happening too bro). Don't stop off in Waiouru, straight thru. Follow a couple of Harleys (sounded like) just out of Waiouru all the way to Taihape, they set a nice pace. Me and my baby are feeling good, corners are eaten, cars slowly disappear but keep an eye on the speed, plenty of cars on the road and Mr Plod could be pulling the ole 'wolf in sheeps clothing' buzz.

Approx. 10:25am Get to Taihape and its raining. Don't know exactly where Brown Sugar Cafe is but look to my right when pulling into the main drag and look right again. Like a beacon of safe haven there is the rendezvous point... must be the right place there's 4 Harleys parked out front (4 couples heading down South Island).

Celtic_Sea_Lily hasn't arrived yet, time is about 10:35am and I be hungers brudder. Gee this place looks very 'posh nosh' bro. Look at the menu on the blackboard, can't see what I'm wanting so I ask, "Aww howzit, you got sausages, eggs and chips with toast, Miss? No!" I says, "Oh... can I have number 2 please Miss?" (some kind've cheese mix looking stuff on vogels, bro, cherrrr).

I be chillin', bathing in the afterglow of a good ride then about 15-20mins later Celtic walks in. Introductions exchanged, conversation commences (I talk shit at the best of times). Conversation moves to a subject of grave importance... sickles and sickle gear. Check out her cher giwas, basically just shooting the breeze.

11:30am - 12pm Time to hit the road back up the line. Just raining slightly, decide to top up our tanks in Waiouru. Celtic's bitchin' mobile sets the pace, I'm just riding shotgun. Keep an eye out for cars behind me while Celtic maintains point. Quite a few bikes on the road heading south I wave out but not much waves back. (Cross winds happening again). Get to Waiouru, top up the tanks and I use the little boys room.

Off to Turangi and Celtic maintains a good pace, traffic is not too bad, no arseholes that I could see. Roll over the loose tarsealing and various other roadworks without incident. Get to Shell Turangi and 1 X coffee for Celtic and 1 X banana milkshake and 1 X chocolate sundae for mois... (yummy... ice cream... mmmmm).

About 20mins later, hit the road for Taupo. Get there without incident and alls good. Manage to find her friend's place, quick intro and a cup of straight tea, talk to Craig (seems a cool guy), praise Celtic for good riding and a good ride, bid farewell then I head back to my hutch in Turangi. Time to let the reins out and my baby responds. Mr Plod's red van down the straight at 5 Mile Bay so I slow down but the rest of the way is just cruising at 130km, average. (Quite a bit of traffic on the roads... what the hell... is there a party at Jacqui Brown's place or what).

Twas a good day peeps. Ride was good, machine was 'ka pai', and got to meet Celtic_Sea_Lily. Take care on your ride to Hamilton tomorrow girl. Rubber down.

the ching

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update ching.

Superb write up!
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Thanks Ching - agree with Jim2 - a superb write-up indeed. You have set the standard for the rest of us. Well done. Not only are you a gentleman, but you are a gentleman with a literary bent!!

CSL: well done. Keep us posted.

Bike
    Suzuki SV650K3
    Geez, that kept me goin Ching Ching. Cher bro . Good luck Celtic, lookin forward to the next update.

Bike
    2004 Yamaha R1
    Chingster, great writing. You should do something for the magazines. Bike Rider Magazine pays 10 cents per word and $10 per photo. And Glenn even printed something I wrote!!
    The more you know the less you need

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Nice work Ching and CSL - bring us more

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by mccool
    Chingster, great writing. You should do something for the magazines. Bike Rider Magazine pays 10 cents per word and $10 per photo. And Glenn even printed something I wrote!!
    What did you write? I think it's a great mag (cos they sometimes print my stuff too!!)

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Blair
    Thanks Ching - agree with Jim2 - a superb write-up indeed. You have set the standard for the rest of us. Well done. Not only are you a gentleman, but you are a gentleman with a literary bent!!

CSL: well done. Keep us posted.
    Hey Lynda, I've been called many things in my life... gentleman is not one of them. I don't know about literary bent... bent in the head, definitely.

But thanks. Glad to help someone who's just starting out.

Rock on

Bike
    2006 GSF1200S Bandit
    Very well written Ching..... you can change your day-job!!!!
    4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

The weather Gods have smiled upon me! (Entry 2)

Hey All,
    I'm in Tirau at the visitors centre & their PC seems to be having a spz so this will just be a short post.

Basically - awesome weather, awesome riding!

BIG THANKS to Ching Ching! Sorry bro but it's now offical - you are a gentleman!

Will post again soon & write something good & proper when I get back to Wellington.

Only 1 wanker today who got right up my tail pipe one part of it but no sweat!

Hot & sunny here - I just gotta get back on that road!
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Thread Information