Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: speed cameras:doin 51 or more over limit

Bike
    1989 HONDA VT250F

speed cameras:doin 51 or more over limit

Can ya lose ya license for 6 months for doing 51 ks or more over da limit if caught by a SPEED CAMERA(not officer)???e.g 151 in 100 area.wtf would i do if someone got my bike or car. :disapint:

honda_vt250f_guy@hotmail.com

cheers.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_vt250f
    Can ya lose ya license for 6 months for doing 51 ks or more over da limit if caught by a SPEED CAMERA(not officer)???e.g 151 in 100 area.wtf would i do if someone got my bike or car. :disapint:

honda_vt250f_guy@hotmail.com

cheers.
    151 past a camera .....yep your defenetly from Dunedin Not sure about that one as far as loosing it. But my apprentice boy is from down there, hes pulled that stunt that many times that he dosent worry about a licence any more down there. Up here he has mummy drive him around
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Nah im pretty sure u wont lose ur licence This is because how do they know that the owner was the one riding at the time of getting the foto taken???

Its the same with demerit points, u dont get them if u were caught by a speed camera but u do get them if u were pulled over

Best way to play it safe and not speed unless its on the track (fixed for ya wikd sorry mate)

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Smoker
    Nah im pretty sure u wont lose ur licence This is because how do they know that the owner was the one riding at the time of getting the foto taken???

Its the same with demerit points, u dont get them if u were caught by a speed camera but u do get them if u were pulled over

Neway if u were heading towards the speed camera its ok, coz there aint no number plate on the front

I quite often do tht for a laugh go really fast past a speed camera hehehe, not tht im condoning tht sort of behaviour.......
    Real real smart ----- just the amunition the Police need to follow suit with OZ and petition for front mounted number plates for bikes....gr8 idea...go for it....dickhead

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    Real real smart ----- just the amunition the Police need to follow suit with OZ and petition for front mounted number plates for bikes....gr8 idea...go for it....dickhead
    far enuff.... im not saying i do it all the time, or try to do it all the time, i havnt got a ticket yet on my bike and i aint planning on it. coz it only takes one to ruin it

Sorry guys

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Hmmmmm,If it did happen I would just drive with my NSW licence an say things like(Beeeet E'm freeeem Seeeeednyyy offiiiiiicer)

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I know it used to be the case, not too sure on current laws, but anyway car drivers wouldn't get demerit pts from a speed camera, but bike riders would.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit
    I know it used to be the case, not too sure on current laws, but anyway car drivers wouldn't get demerit pts from a speed camera, but bike riders would.

yes you will be suspended once the paper work catches up with you - it's only for 28 days from the date of the suspension notice service though, and it isn't an instant fine, it's a court appearance. if you are caught riding/driving in that 28 days, you'll be charged with driving when suspended, have your bike/car impounded, and be disqualified for 6 months

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by marty
    yes you will be suspended once the paper work catches up with you - it's only for 28 days from the date of the suspension notice service though, and it isn't an instant fine, it's a court appearance. if you are caught riding/driving in that 28 days, you'll be charged with driving when suspended, have your bike/car impounded, and be disqualified for 6 months
    Found out today that you if you are caught doin high speeds above the limit (ie 51 above) and they get your number plate, you will get a $630 fine. BUT you could also get done for dangerous driving/riding, and we all know wat tht entails:disapint: . Best bet is too leave the excessive speed for the track days.

Bike
    1989 HONDA VT250F
    Quote Originally Posted by marty

actually i found out today that if a speed camera catches you over 50 k over the limit its only a court appearance at the most resulting in a fine , since they cant prove it was you driving /riding,since speed cameras are not explained in the land transport act and for practical reasons they cant give a roadside license suspension of 28 days!.The 28 day suspension only applies if a driver is caught by a cop and then a court appearrance usually resulting in disqualification.i also think thats why they havnt done demerit points in cameras yet cos of identity problems,so they wouldnt have put disqualification in.

Bike
    None any more
    Buy a second helmet in a different colour, in case the cops come knocking.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    A dangerous driving charge requires more evidence than a camera can provide, speed alone is NOT enough.
    Lou

Bike
    RF900
    Driving more than 50km/h over the limit now falls under the categories of careless, dangerous, or reckless driving, depending on the circumstances, and now results in a mandatory 28 day licence suspension.

Demerit points are given for all speeding infringements other than speed camera offences.

But they are thinking (taking submissions) on changing the speed Camara laws so they carry demerit points and the registered owner has to explain who was driving.

Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstar

But they are thinking (taking submissions) on changing the speed Camara laws so they carry demerit points and the registered owner has to explain who was driving.

Ummmmm - Not me, your honour??
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redstar
    Driving more than 50km/h over the limit now falls under the categories of careless, dangerous, or reckless driving, depending on the circumstances, and now results in a mandatory 28 day licence suspension.
    Careless and dangerous charges require more than just the element of excess speed to be proven. Reckless requires the element of 'mens rea' (guilty mind). You must intend to drive dangerously, as in fleeing the cops.
    The 28 day suspension is a specific roadside penalty for more than 50km/h over the limit. It is possilble to be charged with careless, for example, and not get a 28 day susupension. You may get a disqualification upon conviction though.
    Lou

Thread Information