Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Glory to Dallas and Mike a big f**k u to the others

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    Ahh well, you've defintely proved you're insane enough to ride a motorcycle!
    That man has certainly earned a beer!

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    Honda Magna 750 - go Black Betty
    You mean to tell me that the dent tank of the wreck was actually caused by something other than the accident???? lol!

Keep that quiet...I mean I know the insurance accessor paid out on the account but to believe that that huge dent was an imprint of something else...not even!!!

And no don't have first hand knowledge but going on the other post (not size of the pencil...but how you write your name) rofl

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover
    Well, I'd suspect AMPS is one of them.

Went in there today, my third visit in the last year or so, and got the treatment I expected. Salesmen sitting yapping to each other and not acknowledging me (or my companion) at all. I don't expect to be harassed but I do expect to be approached and asked if I require any assistance. Or did I not look like I was gonna spend enough money for their taste?

No offence to Big Dave or Lou who I know are associated with the aformentioned establishment but I've got to give it to your salesmen. They're pretty fuckin useless and this was their third chance to impress me!

Oh well, if I wanted to shell out on a Sprint ST then I guess Aucklands other Trumpet dealer would be seeing my ugly mug and bank details.
    I've got to say I'm surprised. Are you sure they were salesmen? We were down two last week and seeing all the staff wear the same kit it might have been parts and accessories guys. Why didn't you come and say hello anyway?

2 mins is a bit harsh MattyC, what if they were all with customers? I try to speak to people wandering around the showroom but it's not always possible. I've had to wait longer than that in some shops, if I'm in a hurry I call back later.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    I hate to say it Lou but it's not the first time I've received that sort of lack of service in AMPS and I did wrestle with my conscience over naming and shaming but I was not alone, the shop was all but empty and I have spoken to probably a dozen other people that have had exactly the same experience.

It's a bloody shame because both Dave and yourself who are associated with the place seem like bloody decent blokes, with a sound understanding of customer service.

If the place was busy, sure, I'll come back but 3 times it's been empty, maybe I'm just not their type!!

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter

Dover

Well I've had nothing but excellent service from Ray and the Team @ AMPS,have had to get grumpy once but they've seen me right,I've spent alot of time there (getting bikes serviced) and I know of one salesman that certainly works hard for his coin so I wouldn't call him useless.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover
    I hate to say it Lou but it's not the first time I've received that sort of lack of service in AMPS and I did wrestle with my conscience over naming and shaming but I was not alone, the shop was all but empty and I have spoken to probably a dozen other people that have had exactly the same experience.

It's a bloody shame because both Dave and yourself who are associated with the place seem like bloody decent blokes, with a sound understanding of customer service.

If the place was busy, sure, I'll come back but 3 times it's been empty, maybe I'm just not their type!!
    I'll certainly pass that on to Ray.
    But having seen the way those guys chase after customers I'm surprised.
    Bugger!
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    nun
    i 'spose its all down to situation and circumstances really.

I've just switched camps to Honda this side of the shore after pissing $$$ and time down the drain. Don't get me wrong all the places i've been in have friendly guys willing to yarn and maybe take some of your dollars but when you have to have your head bearings done 4 times in a row and wait over 5 months for some replacement rotors you know someones taking the piss..even a fukwit like me can cotton onto that one.

If i pay for something i expect to get it. So far so good at Amps.

:slap:

Bike
    Black TLS
    Quote Originally Posted by metric
    yeah man.... I totally agree

Had my bike for about a month, bought it from Chris and Mike at Mt Eden motorcycles... got it for under $3k with new tyres - had a few teething problems like clutch and lights not working, but Ricky (mechanic) is a legend... everything sorted, super quick... good team of mechanics there... will recommend them to anyone... and will definitely be back to buy my next bike from there too...

really liked how they were quite patient with me (obvious n00b) - as Trinity Roots say... "It's the little things"
    jeeeeeeeeeeeez, sounds like I need to head North to get the service and skills that one would expect...Hamilvegas crew not up to the task...my bike has been getting repaired/painted since Feb when the claim was approved...just went back last night for its third paint job, hair and grit showing through...and front fork check after the intital off in December...complained to the Manager, Suzuki NZ etc, without much joy really...I'm not naming names as all I want is the fucking bike fixed...it now turns out I have to go back to the Insurance company as the technician didn't suss out all of the bikes problems prior to the Insurance assessor signing off on the job, pretty crap service from a Shop with huge rep...
    :spudguita

Thread Information