Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing new gear

Bike
    BMW K100RT

Purchasing new gear

Greetings all, Just got bake on to a bike and need to get a full set of gear again. Have looked at the Cordura gear, Light weight with the padding and protection. Have found some at a company called lifestyle imports in pukekohe, any one had any dealings with them? gear looks good but looks like it is a new company.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    Hello,
    Leather will always have the best protection... for a while to come yet... and they say... when buying a helmet think about how much your head is worth to you and buy accordingly.

Cheers
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    I bought some leather pants off rick at Lifestyle just recently. Sells from home in Pukekawa. Very good quality and price was right. Go out and see him and try some gear on. You got his number?

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    ... when buying a helmet think about how much your head is worth to you and buy accordingly.
    You can buy internal organs, but not external organs.... so yeah - might as well spend the money on good gear - that covers you from head to toe.

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    I bought some leather pants off rick at Lifestyle just recently. Sells from home in Pukekawa. Very good quality and price was right. Go out and see him and try some gear on. You got his number?
    I too have bought stuff from Rick.. Would recommend him.. Nice guy and doesnt pressure you. Even offered to sit on his bike to feel how the gear goes (as I was in the cage at the time)
    It's been a rough day. I got up this morning, put on a shirt and a button fell off.
    As I ran out the door, I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off.
    Now I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki Zxr250
    Im also looking for new gear as my current set is looking a bit worse of than I am now, can you PM me his number
    Phenoix the bike riding Phoenix.
    For from his crash, he shall rise again.
    And now his Bikes all back together again, YAY

Bike
    2001 Suzuki GSX1300R
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoix
    Im also looking for new gear as my current set is looking a bit worse of than I am now, can you PM me his number
    PM sent to Phenoix
    It's been a rough day. I got up this morning, put on a shirt and a button fell off.
    As I ran out the door, I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off.
    Now I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    What about our fellow KB'er?? The humped purveyor of all clothing bike related??

Just got my gloves from him, seem bloody nice. Look up Quasievil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    BMW K100RT
    Thanks, I have got his number and have had a look at his web site. all good. was just abit worried as the gear looked good but being a new company was worried about come back if the gear broke.
    he is the website Address for those who want it.

http://www.lifestyle-imports.co.nz/

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Shop around bike shops too. There's some good deals going at present. Also consider back-up if there are problems. The cheapest deal isn't always the best.
    I won't get into the textile v leather debate, except to say buy textile. (Unless you're gay, that is)
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    06 DL1000 & 01 GSX-R1000
    Nothing wrong with Rick's service down at Lifestyle. Nice guy as well.

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    Shop around bike shops too. There's some good deals going at present. Also consider back-up if there are problems. The cheapest deal isn't always the best.
    I won't get into the textile v leather debate, except to say buy textile. (Unless you're gay, that is)

leather is wrong for the NZ conditions as daily wear.. not waterproof, gets heavy when wet and stays wet for DAYS afterwards..most leather doesnt breath properly, which ends up making you smell like a wet dog too

great in a bin, but good textile stuff with the right armor is as good if not better and costs WAY less. it dries in a day or so in the hot water closet and dont get all stiff like leather in those conditions also breaths better and most have a removable lining and vents for summer use
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    NC700X XR250 MTS1200
    Blog Entries
    leather outside... water proof breathable textile inside ok...
    newbie since August 2004....
    VTR250 (retired) / SV650S (Fw:Keystone19) / GSXR750(given up) / CB400(traded for 919) / CB900 Hornet / CBR954 (traded) / CBR1100XX (sold) / TuonoR (sold) / CB900 Hornet / NC700X / MTS1200 / XR250

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Girardin
    Rick pretty much is my local shop. Unless you're looking for farm wear the puke shops don't stock much in the way of clothing. As for the leather vs textile debate - get both - I have. But beware as alot of the cheaper textile clothing IS NOT WATER PROOF or not for long! As i found out from experience. But my gay yellow pvc rain pants ARE WATERPROOF. So there.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    leather outside... water proof breathable textile inside ok...
    And thank you Michelin Man.
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Thread Information