Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paeroa Racing

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    Damn.. that means I'll actually need to get out of bed by 8:00! oh well, at least its for a good cause!

I've got two mates on 250's who are keen for the ride too. After having told them what bikes were arriving they came to the conclusion that they might leave early!

and in other news.... my girlie is working on sunday arvo so can't come... bummer... oh well means I get to have some more fun on the way!:bigthumb:

hey... anyone got a radar detector on board?

Bike
    Not many, if any

hmm

hey guys, i mite be keen, fancy a old slapper of a kwaka gpz750 going down? she spits oil out the crank cases and blows smoke like a 2 stroke and draws unwanted attention with the loud exhaust..hmm :/
    its either that or the 89' ZXR400 i just bought, but no wof/rego so yeh :/
    but im keen for meeting, how many numbers we got so far?

Bike
    A touring barge
    Fella's (and ladies lurking about possibly?),

I am a newb to this forum and a relative newb to riding (about 18 months now). But yes, I am one of those idiots you have only heard about up till now - I have been on my Gixxer 750 for about 4 months now. Getting more comfy (and an eensy bit faster) each ride blah blah.

I do the Clevedon/Miranda route about once a week, but i reckon my cruising average would be optimistically be around 90km/h. How does this sit with the crew set to head down to L & P land Sunday morning? Should I find my own bunch of slowpokes (um that would be me...and?) and amble down at a lesser pace or what?

Thoughts?

BTW The Black Caps are sucking arse at the mo...oh i am an optimist. Prove me wrong Shane Bond.

Bike
    Not many, if any
    i dont think you need to exlude urself, if you read earlier there are a small bunch of 250's coming :P

and also i am keen for an excuse to ride slow, as i have a camchain on the verge of self-destruction.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Joking aside now. I know lots of people that get all nervous because their perception is that everyone else is faster or more skilled than them on a bike. But most bikers have been there at some time, and if you are having fun you don't need to try and keep up and arrive all eyes out and stressed.

I'm normally well mannered in groups, yes if I'm up front I may stretch the legs on a few twisty bits, but I'll slow down on the next straight so that the group comes back together.....and it doesn't bother me when the fast guys disapear at warp speed and stop some way up the road waiting for me.

So come along and have some fun. With he exception of Bikerboy I won't have met/ridden with most of the riders going on Sunday.

TTFN

Bike
    A touring barge
    cheers for that.

I am completely bug eyed from hanging on and watching an enthralling kiwi win @ the world cup. Just a stay of execution, but we're still in the hunt - maybe apply for those kenyan visas after all?

Bluninja, do you also play in the worlds of kayaking and mountain biking? If so I may have met you at Woodhill once upon a time.

Finally, not only am I a slow rider, but i am also slow in comprehending forum threads: where and when exactly are you cats intending to convene on Sunday morning? I live in Manukau so either Wendy's or Clevedon suits me.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    looks like thre will be two groups leaving at the same time. One from otara wendy's, one from clevedon. I presume the guys/girls at Otara are going via bombay? The other group is of course going down the coast via Kaiaua.

Sounds like it'll be a good group at clevedon anyway... no clue how many, but there should be a range of speeds for everyone to enjoy. Its worth taking it easy through some of the hills leading to Orere point in particular (it's on the way) as well if you don't know the road... gives you time to get out of the way of idiot cage drivers who also don't know the road and have crossed onto your side!!! (I nearly saw a mate get cleaned out by a mad van on that section)

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Kayaking? I could never fit in that silly little hole and I only go mountain biking on a bike with 2 saddles....plus I am today celebrating 1 year of living in NZ. So must be someone else.

Having seen the last response I think I will be heading to Clevedon; it did appear that the Otara lot would meet up at Clevedon, but this seems now not to be the case.

TTFN

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Think I might try the Clevedon scene - even though I'd have to leave home at 7.45. ..........hmmm........I'll think about it.....
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Not many, if any

QUICK REPLY PLEASE!

dudes, i take it the shell is on the main drag yeah? just makin shure, well ill b there @ 8:30am 2morro morning, im leaveing from west auckland, how long will it take from here abouts? anyone inwest whos keen to ride with me the whole way? reply here ill check again b4 11pm

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Shell is on the ONLY drag in Clevedon!!! LOL

You will see a bright yellow VTR (Dan) and a Black and Silver Gixxer (Dan & Hayley) at the station waiting.........

From there round the loop. We are going on to Coromandel and coming back to the races later....get a good ride in - anyone is welcome to join us for the ride (Oysters and/or Mussels at Coromandel doesn't sound bad does it!!)

Bike
    Not many, if any
    okay, so how long from west auckland, glen eden, to cleavedon? sensible time :P

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Well I'm giving myself 45 mins from Te Atatu. As long as I aim to be there at 8:30 I have a few minutes leeway if I'm wrong....all I need to do is find the Shell services in Clevedon.

TTFN

Bike
    Not many, if any
    cheers matey, thats perfect, well i live in tat north a fair bit of hte time too

Thread Information