Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do naked bikes count as avatars containing nudity?

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki ER-5

Talking Do naked bikes count as avatars containing nudity?

Hi everyone, I followed Cheetor and Kasper in here. I've been riding since 1996, my current love interest is a 1999 Kawasaki ER-5, which I bought new as my 2nd bike (first was a 1990 Kawasaki GPX/Ninja 250R, which would be a great learner bike if not for the cost of repairing the fairing when you drop it). For my next bike I'm dreaming of something large and naked like a Zephyr 1100, although I really hate the bikini fairing on the newer models (UGLY). I'm a bit of a retro freak. I don't wear anything as stylish as a tiger suit, although I do have a red and black Aerostich Roadcrafter 1-piece I imported from the US. I moved down to Taupo from Hamilton in June last year, and haven't met any riders here who still have bikes, and I prefer riding them to standing around talking about them :P If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).

Bike
    None any more
    Welcome to the Pleasuredome! Naked is good and naked Kawasakis are even better! The ER-5 is a nice bike. Although it is a bit outclassed by the current crop of 650s performance-wise (the SV650 is a sweet package, if you like a high, hard seat and want some trellis to plant a rose against), it certainly looks the goods! Stunning in silver...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki ER-5
    I fell in love with my ER-5 on the showroom floor, it was the silver and chrome--shiny! Traded my Ninja in on it on the spot, basically. I was fooling myself if I thought I could resist a bigger bike once I got my full license :P Although I've had the rear bearings and the headlight (it pointed the wrong way!) replaced under warranty, it's been otherwise pretty reliable. It cruises along at 150kph along SH1 through the forests down into Taupo easily enough, which might not sound that insane to the R1 riders here, until you consider how heavily the police patrol that bit of road looking for people like me

Bike
    Indian Scout

Cool

Choice bike the ER5. My bikes over the years yo-yo in size, usually because of the $$$ (lack of). Her-in-doors needed to change cars some yrs ago so I dumped the Harley (best bike decision I ever made that) and nabbed an ER5. Never failed to please, never missed a beat. Can't remember ever putting petrol or tyres on it ??? funny that. One of the most under-rated and overlooked wonders in the bike kingdom. Good on ya and lucky you with the Taupo roads at your back door
    -Mark D

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarwind
    Hi everyone, I followed Cheetor and Kasper in here. I've been riding since 1996, my current love interest is a 1999 Kawasaki ER-5, which I bought new as my 2nd bike (first was a 1990 Kawasaki GPX/Ninja 250R, which would be a great learner bike if not for the cost of repairing the fairing when you drop it). For my next bike I'm dreaming of something large and naked like a Zephyr 1100, although I really hate the bikini fairing on the newer models (UGLY). I'm a bit of a retro freak. I don't wear anything as stylish as a tiger suit, although I do have a red and black Aerostich Roadcrafter 1-piece I imported from the US. I moved down to Taupo from Hamilton in June last year, and haven't met any riders here who still have bikes, and I prefer riding them to standing around talking about them :P If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).
    Hi guy & welcome.

A mate of mine had a red/black GPX Ninja 250 as his first bike...he also found out how much they cost to repair!

There's a nutcase on this site who zooms around your area on a 2003 GSXR600 Alstare Corona, calls himself ching_ching! Get in touch with him, rumor has it he's a nice guy?

Zed

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Gidday

Hey SW, Andrew and I come down that way for day rides, would be keen to meet up for a ride, are you available for weekday rides ?

Firefight

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki ER-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefight
    Hey SW, Andrew and I come down that way for day rides, would be keen to meet up for a ride, are you available for weekday rides ?

Firefight
    Sadly I'm at work 8:30am-5:30pm 5 days a week fixing broken computers

Bike
    R6 & CRF sold, new bike is coming

Still possible

Sadly I'm at work 8:30am-5:30pm 5 days a week fixing broken computers

Ah, now thats what sick leave is for !

F/F

Bike
    1999 Kawasaki ER-5
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefight
    Ah, now thats what sick leave is for !

F/F
    "My knee's been acting up, I need time off to get it down"

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    my current love interest is a 1999 Kawasaki ER-5
    Ah, the industrial cooking motorcycle

Not a bad machine at all.

Oh, and welcome to the site, and all that

Bike
    KTM Duke. Last ridden.....?
    Why do you say they are so expensive to fix? I presume this is compared to any other bike? www.justfairings.co.nz have complete sets for $450. My brother crashed his, and being a cheapskate just fixed it himself, but the other stuff wasn't expensive. So, what is?

Whoops, thread hijack.
    Oh, Hello, welcome to kiwi biker too!

Bike
    07 R1
    If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).
    Howzits Solarwind,

I'm in Turangi. Usually go lonewolf but don't mind hooking up now and then if that's alright with you. Also depends on the shiftwork bro. Best bet is PM me then I can say yea or nay depending on my shift. Hope that's cool.

ching_ching

Bike
    08 ZX-6R Race Bike, FXR150
    Quote Originally Posted by curious george
    Why do you say they are so expensive to fix? I presume this is compared to any other bike? www.justfairings.co.nz have complete sets for $450. My brother crashed his, and being a cheapskate just fixed it himself, but the other stuff wasn't expensive. So, what is?

Whoops, thread hijack.
    Oh, Hello, welcome to kiwi biker too!
    The cost for the lower right cowling on a CBR1100XX is $764 alone:disapint: Now who reakons thts expensive??? (ofcourse exclude all carbon fibre)

Lesson Learned...... Dont drop a Super Blackbird lol

Bike
    07 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    There's a nutcase on this site who zooms around your area on a 2003 GSXR600 Alstare Corona, calls himself ching_ching!
    Hehehehehe. Hole in one Zed, you're on to it.
    Last edited by ching_ching; 19th February 2004 at 18:45. Reason: corrections

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    I moved down to Taupo from Hamilton in June last year, and haven't met any riders here who still have bikes, and I prefer riding them to standing around talking about them :P If anyone is in the Taupo area and wants to go riding, gimme a yell, there are some fun roads down here (the road from Taupo to Turangi is great fun even if it IS SH1).
    You just missed out on some riding Oh...I see you would have been working anyway.

It's a fun bit of road alright, if ya don't get stuck behind a truck :disapint:
    Last edited by Ms Piggy; 19th February 2004 at 22:21. Reason: Typos
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Thread Information