Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone riding a GT250R?

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    $6889+ORC down here in Wgtn. TSS.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    pharque those 250r's look realy nice....i loooove the red one, but the swingarm looks a bit weak.... prefer the single sided swinger on the bros, i'm thinking bout aprillia rs250 fairings for the bros.... eurodave makes a set if i had the moolah i would buy a red gt250r and get a cover for the rear seat....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it looks that great, but speaking to the guys at Mt Eden, they are great for them. Walking out the door, selling that fast. Everybody likes them, and most I see have the sold sticker on them.

Bit pricey, but in a select market for brand new 250 sports bike.... not to mention some of the new bikers seem to be middle aged guys, looking to get into riding, and want a new sports bike, only getting a 250, and can afford the brand new price. That's why its soo popular.

congrats, and enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2005, Hyosung GT250R (Black)
    Sorry, error the $7200 includes ORC.

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman
    still a bit beyond me i think i'll stick with rgv 'till full

Bike
    Boulevard, Ducati.
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    http://www.hyosungmotors.hu/models/GT250R.htm

Fark I wouldnt mind one to be honest look abit nice.
    Too bad the light looks like the droopy peice on a bloodhounds eye :slap:

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman
    Nice bike but did you shop around first? Red Baron have em for $5899...ORC possibly another $300ish but you could easily bargin that out.

I decided yesterday that im going to buy one. Cant wait!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic
    Nice bike but did you shop around first? Red Baron have em for $5899...ORC possibly another $300ish but you could easily bargin that out.

I decided yesterday that im going to buy one. Cant wait!
    aint that the nekkid bikes price?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    I had a sit on the last race one left at Mt Eden yesterday, and it felt 'right' as soon as I stepped on. In contrast, I also had a sit on Keystones old VTR at Colemans, and it didn't feel quite so good. I know you can't really tell until you've been out for a ride, but I'm very tempted. Still considering all my options though.

Mt Eden also seem pretty keen on providing an aftermarket. Exhausts, carbs, sprockets etc. The guy also mentioned that they are getting some single-seat type cowls made up to cover the rear pillion seat.

My gut feeling is that this is a pretty good deal for a 250, and I reckon the after market service at Mt Eden wouldn't be anything to complain about either.

If I decide not to upgrade to a 400, then I'm going to be really seriously considering this deal.

Final thing - apparently they're sold out, but new stock is arriving on the 18th Feb.

Bike
    2005 ZX6R
    gorgeous bike, probably the nicest 250 you can buy at the moment being brand new. However it pretty guttless for a 250. I've read that it maxes out at 160 stock.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Probably more like 145.
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Trumpton triple
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    Probably more like 145.
    About the same as my current (naked) VTZ, by the sound of it.

There's some more info on this Australian forum - some interesting points about build quality that are probably worth bearing in mind before parting with your cash, when you're looking around.

http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/vi...asc&&start=105

Pg 8, a guy claims 163 flat out, and reckons he can get a bit more with some after market fiddling, but probably not much more than 170.

Bike
    None

Hyosung

The GT250R is a great all round bike that would suite the majority of riders wanting to move onto something bigger in size rather than engine capacity.

The seat is comfortable, the acceleration is pretty darn good and its overall handling is excellent. As previously mentioned, the top end speed is considerably slow compared to others, however I am yet to ride a 250cc bike that is at ease doing 140kmph or more. An accurate account of its top speed is more likely to be around 140kmph to 160kmph, depending on the road, decline/incline and the rider, as well as the bikes condition.

Comfort, the seat is inviting and you could find a dozen ways to make love to the gas tank. The pillion seat is nice too, so I’ve heard.

Acceleration, from my perspective, its fairly good and exceeded my expectations for this model. As I'm still running my own ride in, I haven't quite experienced its full potential however there is something to be said for the GT250R.

Speed, you'll be able to cruise the highways or enjoy any given road at comfortable speeds. If you are hoping to race then without heavy modifications its unlikely you'll satisfy your speed-freak inhibitions. The average speeds of 100kpmh to 125kmph means that you can experience considerable pickup - good for overtaking. I got from 100kmph to 110kmph going up-hill within the length of one and a half car spaces and weight 115kg's. All the while staying below 7,000 RPM as its still being run in

Handling, I began to trust the bike within the first day, but am yet to push it. From what I've read and experienced myself, the shocks, tires, weight, style and size of the bike all combine for a smooth ride. It feels firm and responsive (for lack of a better word) and looks hot shit while taking the corners, naturally.

THE SOUND, for a 250cc bike, it sounds fucken good, even in top gear you know who’s coming up behind you. It looks and sounds bloody good.

Style, the sound and look of the bike mixed together draws attention, especially when people look out for a "common name" and see HYOSUNG on the side. The first day I went for a ride I had a guy pull up at an intersection next to me and ask a dozen questions about the bike. I've watched people in cars starring, people on sidewalks gawking.

Good for all you pretty boys out there, I'm sure that there are a few - my perspective however is the attention gained is good for safety reasons. I've only had one "woman driver" try to run me off the road - the horn sounds good too by the way - it compliments the pissed off arm waves and vulgar gestures.

Bike
    2005 ZX6R
    I took one out for a test ride today, SwanTiger is right on the money.

Handling, looks, sub 100 acceleration, gear box, clutch and are all sweet.
    top speed: meh... struggles to get over 140 but does the engine loosen up ?
    brakes: meh...anyone know if a brake pad change would make a difference ?
    tyres: heard bad things about the shinkos but couldn't really test them myself. Whats the best pair for the GT250R ?

Things that surprised me: gearbox had a nice weight to it. Pick in low revs was nice. Seat has enough room to sit back and lean forward, or sit forward upright (I'm 6'3"...). Handling was wonderful...so much better than the fxr and I instantly felt very confident.

can anyone answer my questions regarding the engine, brakes and tyres ? will have a big impact on whether I buy one or not (thinking hard about it) ? thanks in advance

Bike
    06 GT250R Electric Mango
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
    top speed: meh... struggles to get over 140 but does the engine loosen up ?
    brakes: meh...anyone know if a brake pad change would make a difference ?
    tyres: heard bad things about the shinkos but couldn't really test them myself. Whats the best pair for the GT250R ?
    I've had mine up to 160 and still wasn't at redline, have seen them do 170.

For me the brakes are fine but then I can only compare them to a Ginny

I still lack the experience to comment on tyres

Thread Information