Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone riding a GT250R?

Bike
    2000 F650GS

Question Anyone riding a GT250R?

Looking for some input from anyone riding a Hyosung gt250(R), thinking seriously of putting one in my garage. What are they like to ride both in town and open road? Any complaints / praises...
    Kill 'm all, let god sort 'm out.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250 Virago
    yer they look pretty good , found a smuck on one at bbt lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scooter boy.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	20009  

Bike
    justsomebike
    Dunno bout a 250R but I was real keen on the GT650R until someone told me he had seen a year old model.......rust in all the wrong places.

Stick to the well known Japanese brands.

Suzuki GSXR250
    Yamaha FZR250 or Zeal
    Honda CBR250 or VTR250
    Kawasaki Balius, ZZR250 or ZXR250

Test ride them all and pick one.

Bike
    RG
    I have ridden a mates '03 GT250. Top speed is around 140kph, USD froks look awsome. This mate of mine can also get the front wheel up around 11o'clock and hold it up for a little while too so dont underestimate their potential. Just take one for a ride and see what ya think

btw i prefer my 150 to it anyday!

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Quote Originally Posted by she_said
    This mate of mine can also get the front wheel up around 11o'clock and hold it up for a little while too so dont underestimate their potential.
    This mate of yours can do it on the 250?
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy
    Dunno bout a 250R but I was real keen on the GT650R until someone told me he had seen a year old model.......rust in all the wrong places.

Suzuki GSXR250
    Yamaha FZR250 or Zeal
    Honda CBR250 or VTR250

Talk shite mate, I had a GT250 that lived outside for ages and it was in mint condition when I traded it. Any bike will rust if not looked after, the finish on the Hyosungs is no worse than most Jap 250's I have seen. My only complaint was the brakes were a bit weak but then I was about 105kg when I was riding it and just had to apply a little more pressure on the lever. It stopped.

The 250R looks pretty sweet for a brand new faired 250 and I'd imagine as Hyosung are still building the brand you'll get looked after. The price is also right.

Go test ride one when they hit the shores, that's the only way to tell.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover
    Talk shite mate, I had a GT250 that lived outside for ages and it was in mint condition when I traded it. Any bike will rust if not looked after, the finish on the Hyosungs is no worse than most Jap 250's I have seen. My only complaint was the brakes were a bit weak but then I was about 105kg when I was riding it and just had to apply a little more pressure on the lever. It stopped.

The 250R looks pretty sweet for a brand new faired 250 and I'd imagine as Hyosung are still building the brand you'll get looked after. The price is also right.

Go test ride one when they hit the shores, that's the only way to tell.
    Well said that man. Ive had very little problem with the brand. The brakes are weakish but they have served me well enough. My bike is about 5months old and still looks as good as day one (actually better as I have removed the ugo mudguard). Its an awesome price and I would buy another (bigger one) if I was confident that I didnt want after-market bling for it as it is a little hard to get hold of the stuff.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy

Suzuki GSXR250
    Yamaha FZR250 or Zeal
    Honda CBR250 or VTR250

You can only buy one of those brand new (I think) and it is $2000 more expensive (than the unfaired 250GT Comet). Ouch.

Bike
    RG
    [QUOTE=skelstar]This mate of yours can do it on the 250?[/QUOTE=skelstar]

Sure can man, may be able to get pics but no promises

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by she_said
    Sure can man, may be able to get pics but no promises
    Fair enough...Ive never tried nor do I want to on this bike...I think Ill wait until I can do it under power without having to dump the clutch (assumed method).

Bike
    2005, Hyosung GT250R (Black)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_Cam
    Looking for some input from anyone riding a Hyosung gt250(R), thinking seriously of putting one in my garage. What are they like to ride both in town and open road? Any complaints / praises...
    Brought one on Thursday, Black GT250R from Mt Eden, ( if your looking for a bike, these guys were great ) so i will let you know.

Of all the 250cc bikes i have looked at, so far its the best, i look like a clown on most 250's size wise, but not on this.

Its great to be back on two wheels

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman
    Brought one on Thursday, Black GT250R from Mt Eden, ( if your looking for a bike, these guys were great ) so i will let you know.

Of all the 250cc bikes i have looked at, so far its the best, i look like a clown on most 250's size wise, but not on this.

Its great to be back on two wheels
    Good stuff matey. wish I had one...feeling a bit 'traditional' on mine at the moment.

Bike
    '06 Honda Fartblood
    If you want performance, you'd still go with the Japanese bikes - but then you wouldn't be on a 250, would you?
    Ultimately, the Hyosungs offer a lot of bike for not a lot of money. Great value.
    I'd have one (to keep the k's down on my 600RR )
    Keep it rubber-side down...

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use

looks sweet

looks tastey as, still like my ole zxr.

he said R people not GT the "r" model is faired, check it out - would look abit of alright in black.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GT250R-2small.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	21508  

Bike
    2005, Hyosung GT250R (Black)
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    looks tastey as, still like my ole zxr.

he said R people not GT the "r" model is faired, check it out - would look abit of alright in black.

The black looks very cool, will sound even better when i get the aftermarket pipe, i will put up a pic asap

Thread Information