Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Licence questions

Bike
    '02 ZX6R
    Is there an easy way to check how many demerit points you've accumulated ?(a website or something?)
    Kerry

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl
    If you lose your licence because of demerit points and are suspended from driving, when your suspension ends are your demerit points at zero?
    Or do the demerit points stay and drop off like normal after two years?
    Yes, you go back to zero points after being suspended
    (until the next ticket )

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryg
    Is there an easy way to check how many demerit points you've accumulated ?(a website or something?)
    If you go into any police station with your licence, they can do a check on the computer for you. Or you could call LTNZ Driver Licencing. Don't think there is a website.

BC.

Bike
    2008 105th Ann Ultra Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bykey Cop
    Yip, as previously stated, licence is suspended for all classes and if you plan to produce your licence to a cop while disqualified, if you get caught, that's another charge with the same penalties as Driving Whilst Suspended / Disqualified. (max 3 months in prison, max $4500 fine, 6 months disqualification - added on).
    Also you motor vehicle (car, truck, taxi, bus, Motorbike, camper, get the picture) is loaded up on the tow truck for 28 days. The cop can now suspend you if your are showen "wanted for service of a suspension letter" at the road side.
    Ride and Have Fun

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Divot
    Also you motor vehicle (car, truck, taxi, bus, Motorbike, camper, get the picture) is loaded up on the tow truck for 28 days. The cop can now suspend you if your are showen "wanted for service of a suspension letter" at the road side.
    Coming soon to a town near you... soon you won't have to be "wanted for service of a suspension letter". If the computer shows you have 100 demerits or more, police will be able to suspend your licence on the spot. I think it comes in in January sometime.

At present, the bailiff has to try all avenues to serve the letter before the "Wanted" flag is attached to your name.

BC.

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bykey Cop
    Coming soon to a town near you... soon you won't have to be "wanted for service of a suspension letter". If the computer shows you have 100 demerits or more, police will be able to suspend your licence on the spot. I think it comes in in January sometime.

At present, the bailiff has to try all avenues to serve the letter before the "Wanted" flag is attached to your name.

BC.
    That'll go down a treat with Mr Average Bloke who's on holiday with the family and doesn't even know he's reached a hundred.
    But then what are our rights compared with administrative convienience?
    Speed doesn't kill people.
    Stupidity kills people.

Bike
    1990 Zxr250

warning

a warning letter? shit i didnt get one of those i got a phone call saying to meet this person at there office to take my licence. i told them to come to me i f they want to serve it......... they did... bastards

i recently checked my demerit points and give it a few months ill lose it again, stupid fines. sucks how they take the points as u pay your fines.
    Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Thread Information