Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with these mini choppers?

Bike
    2000 BMW F650 Gelande Strasse Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Postie
    why don't they just make these illegal for road use and get them off the road before they become mobile speed bumps?
    From what I heard the laws as they exist now do not disqualify them from road use but apparantly LTSA is looking to change that so that they can get these things off the road.

I suppose it is a case of these things not being around when the current laws were drafted so they didn't have to be taken into account, now that they are here the law has to catch up. Kind of like internet privacy legislation.

Yes, when the first one is mulched under a 4x4 we need to ensure the media uses an appropriate term to describe them.... try hard, slack-jawed-swivel-eyed-inbred... but NOT biker!
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself...and spiders.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Yup, once again we all expect the nana state to take care of a 'problem' we (or most of you) don't agree with.
    Next it will be bikes that are too fast or open face helmets or....

AH, FREEDOM TO MAKE A CHOICE, BLOODY GEAT EH?

Pardon my sarcasm but a shit load moan about laws involving speed limits etc - yet want one made banning mini-choppers when (according to general comment) they pose no danger to you, are unlikely to be riden by you and the biggest hazard they pose to you is the possibility you might run over one!

End of rant on this topic!!!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Scumdog it's because it might impact our ACC's and also the general perception of bikers - little tiny (new fad etc) bikes are alot more interesting than a gn250 lane splitting - you see the minishoppers doing some vastly more stupid things at times compared to what I have seen most bikers do in similar situations.

They are highly visible to the public (no not literally...) because alot of kids want them and then you get large numbers of people interested in them.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by tristank
    Scumdog it's because it might impact our ACC's and also the general perception of bikers - little tiny (new fad etc) bikes are alot more interesting than a gn250 lane splitting - you see the minishoppers doing some vastly more stupid things at times compared to what I have seen most bikers do in similar situations.

They are highly visible to the public (no not literally...) because alot of kids want them and then you get large numbers of people interested in them.
    And apart from the ACC thing (maybe) this is a bad thing for YOU how??

They'll fade off just like chatter-rings, hoola hoops etc...

Anybody remember the mini-bikes of the late '60's/early 70's? Where are they all now?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    Anybody remember the mini-bikes of the late '60's/early 70's? Where are they all now?
    TradeMe...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy
    TradeMe...
    Early mini-bikes, I've seen a few of them at holiday batches! Even my old MB100 is a batch bike now, lol.

Bike
    A shita
    Monkey bikes?

Bike

They'll fade off just like chatter-rings
    from what I understand about chatter-rings, they were told to stop selling them because they were causing damage to kids hearing....... apparently
    so they didn't die out, they were just banned.
    Cibby play thing

Bike
    2012 Triumph Daytona 675 SE
    average little things, dont like em at all.

midgets are at home on them not grown men / women.. in singlets, stubbies and jandels..

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    yep, rediculous little things. cool to watch the first time, but any time after that ya pick up lack of safety gear. they are banned overseas due to deaths resulting....cars dont see full sized motorbikes....how the heck are they meant to see things the height of a 3 yearold?
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Wonder how one would handle the rimutakas?

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a small turbo?
    how small a turbo do you want? apparently they were selling turbo kits for mini choppers at big boys toys, i might get one for my chainsaw!!

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bykey Cop
    I hate the things and have a list of things to look for when stopping one. Can easily write up tickets for several offences and even impounded one the other day after the rider was found to be forbidden from driving/riding.

I've seen one person get mowed down by a car... very dangerous - I definitely wouldn't ride one on the road.

BC.
    can i hear this list please just so i know bykey im a good boy i really am hehe

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    anywhere i go all the little kids sit on it and i get heaps of people asking me about mine drives you insane after a while

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by markauckland
    anywhere i go all the little kids sit on it and i get heaps of people asking me about mine drives you insane after a while
    Get a real chopper, not some weed eater powerd bicycle.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by markauckland
    Don't admit that to the cops.
    They don't tend to take you seriously after you've told them you're insane...

Thread Information