Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with these mini choppers?

Bike
    Yamaha FJR1300 2006

Question Whats up with these mini choppers?

So what's the story with these things, there seems to be a real influx of them. I'm seeing them on the road all the time and they look ridiculous and dangerous. Are they actually allowed on the road. I did see one with a license plate so I can only presume it met the requirements but most I see don't have plates. They sit so low on the road that it'd be easy to miss them particularly for trucks and buses and the like. Does any body know aything about them, where they're coming from or anything.
    I've been away but I'm coming back.

Bike
    Buell M2 Cyclone
    They should all be banned and burnt.

Bike
    Yamaha FJR1300 2006
    At least keep them off the roads. We use to muck around on mini bikes we built at home when I was a kid, lots of fun. Keep them for the beach or parks but not on the road.
    I've been away but I'm coming back.

Bike
    Buell M2 Cyclone
    Yep off road is what i meant

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Alster
    So what's the story with these things, there seems to be a real influx of them. I'm seeing them on the road all the time and they look ridiculous and dangerous. Are they actually allowed on the road. I did see one with a license plate so I can only presume it met the requirements but most I see don't have plates. They sit so low on the road that it'd be easy to miss them particularly for trucks and buses and the like. Does any body know aything about them, where they're coming from or anything.
    There actually from a small island located near the North Pole called Erkstrom which is where all of Santa’s elf’s actually come from. They had a few outlaws who refused to work for the big red fat guy and one of them tried to assassinate Rudolf because he thought the reindeer was taking the piss out of the elf’s big red noses, thankfully the elf failed and he and his outlaw mates we hunted down and marked for destruction. They had a great idea to make some choppers to make there get away in style (though they failed to actually incorporate any style into these choppers). the big red guy saw what they had done and he decided to not eat the cleaver little chaps, no. instead he invested all his Santa money into mass manufacture of these mini choppers. Because Santa only ever flies above humans, he didn't realise how big we actually are compared to the elves and this is why they look so silly.
    Cibby play thing

Bike
    2006 KX450F 1985 KXT250A1 RC MiniMoto
    They sould all go back to the play ground they came from, they can only give they MCycle community a bad ref

People get reg as a moped, limited to 50kph, these things can wooble up to 80kph, then muppets take them on the open road

that's my 2 cents

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Wonder how one would handle the rimutakas?

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a small turbo?

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    I hate the things and have a list of things to look for when stopping one. Can easily write up tickets for several offences and even impounded one the other day after the rider was found to be forbidden from driving/riding.

I've seen one person get mowed down by a car... very dangerous - I definitely wouldn't ride one on the road.

BC.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bykey Cop
    I hate the things and have a list of things to look for when stopping one. Can easily write up tickets for several offences and even impounded one the other day after the rider was found to be forbidden from driving/riding.

I've seen one person get mowed down by a car... very dangerous - I definitely wouldn't ride one on the road.

BC.
    Must have been the easiest impound ever eh? just chuck it in the boot of the 'work'car!
    Couple of guys in town have just got a them, ride them pretty sensibly but I bet some bozo gets one soon and writes it and himself off.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    Wonder how one would handle the rimutakas?

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a small turbo?
    How small?

Try a jap car wrecker, something off a charade turbo or something similar. even a kei class car, 660cc turbo.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Bykey Cop

BC.
    why don't they just make these illegal for road use and get them off the road before they become mobile speed bumps?
    Cibby play thing

Bike
    92 Yamaha FJ1430A
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Postie
    why don't they just make these illegal and get them off the road before they become mobile speed bumps?

what worries me is the first one that gets killed doing something stupid.. the Media willl say "biker"...

then we are all fvcked
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

SARGE
    represented by GCM

Bike
    Sold
    Now that you mention it, I have seen an influx of these things on the road lately too. Saw a group of 5 mini choppers last Sunday blasting through Ponsonby, my first thought was that they were extremely low to the ground and would be dangerous because of lack of vision over other vehicles, then I kinda chuckled at how childish they looked, then I realised that they weren't going that slow!!! Oh and these riders imparticular had no gears on except helmets, no gloves even...

Quite frankly I'm surprise they're road legal?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SARGE
    what worries me is the first one that gets killed doing something stupid.. the Media willl say "biker"...

then we are all fvcked
    yeah true, maybe we should write to all the media and when it happens, we can ask them to use a more appropiate name........ like try hard, interlectually challanged, dope enduced oxymoron rather then biker.

don't get me wrong, i think the mini choppers actually look cool and i have few mini motos myself. I just think that they are unsafe for road use because they are so small and when a car or truck runs over one and kills somebody, they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.
    Cibby play thing

Bike
    Aprilia RS250
    Screw these mini chopper things. They don't even look as good as some people say - looking at one close up reveals the shit chromed plastic and the really crappy detailing. The speedo also went to 80mph!

Thread Information