Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Scooters!

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackrat
    But then when did dressing like an android have anything to do with Speed,Skill or anything else other than VERY poor taste??
    Well.... errr, If I was to get technical, I would say that the speed hump on a pair of race leathers will add to the top speed to some degree

Other than that, I guess I am guilty of poor taste if every one else reckons its dorky

Edit: P.S. CK is on to it. I don't know what id do without the full armour of a race suit.

Bike
    None any more
    Well I'm going to be different and NOT get on the "let's kick the crap out of scooters because we're big tough bikers" bandwagon.

Read the latest issue of Motorcycle Sport and Leisure. There's an article in it of four of their better rider/reviewers who took along four maxi scooters to a bike track day and had a ball! I suspect there were many bruised egos amongst the bikers there who got royally worked over by the scoots...

So they don't have a clutch
    So they have shitloads of unsprung weight
    So you don't have anything to clasp between your knees
    So you can't get your knee down
    Etc

Geez Louise guys, get over yourselves!
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Well I'm going to be different and NOT get on the "let's kick the crap out of scooters because we're big tough bikers" bandwagon.

Geez Louise guys, get over yourselves!
    Yeah whatever man...

Scooters suck and most bikers know it. Ok the truth has come out- I hate them! (not the rider though, let's make that clear)

Zed
    Last edited by Zed; 24th February 2004 at 09:33. Reason: re-word

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Hey,I'm not having a go at scooters' I think they's kind'a cool.
    But I do like taking the piss out of The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
    I mean hell They just ask for it,I mean LOOK at em,

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    I hate them!
    SHouldn't you love all of gods creatures? Surely HATRED is not an emotion condoned in the bible - tolerance however is

Us mature riders on this site wouldn't diss anothers ride would we? no,that would be just...just...well - UNCHRISTIAN.

I hate wankers on sports bikes.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by wkid_one
    SHouldn't you love all of gods creatures? Surely HATRED is not an emotion condoned in the bible - tolerance however is
    ...again

Go take a running jump in the lake Cincinnati kid.

Why don't you find another sucker who will bite at your childish posts.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Us mature riders on this site wouldn't diss anothers ride would we? no,that would be just...just...well - UNCHRISTIAN.

I hate wankers on sports bikes.
    Can't a guy just be honest about his views? Of course it's bound to turn someone off...you should try it sometime Motu (pity you can't express yourself without filth coming out of your mouth though)

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    ...again

Go take a running jump in the lake Cincinnati kid.

Why don't you find another sucker who will bite at your childish posts.
    You did just bite......

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Scooters suck and most bikers know it.
    Eh? No they don't. They're just another form of two-wheeled transportation. I remember taking a skewer to this whole scooter bashing thing a while back, I can't be arsed rehashing it or finding the post.

Anyway, don't be silly. Nobody's forcing you to ride a scooter if you don't want one.

Anything that goes on two wheels has its place in the world. Love, peace, unity and all that. Here, have a spoonful out of my granola bowl.

Can't a guy just be honest about his views? Of course it's bound to turn someone off...you should try it sometime Motu (pity you can't express yourself without filth coming out of your mouth though)
    He bites! oooh yes,he bites.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    He bites! oooh yes,he bites.
    PMPL - fishing is so much more fun when you get a few nibbles

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Hey Let's have a fight.
    If I'm late start without me

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Eh? No they don't. They're just another form of two-wheeled transportation. I remember taking a skewer to this whole scooter bashing thing a while back, I can't be arsed rehashing it or finding the post.

Anyway, don't be silly. Nobody's forcing you to ride a scooter if you don't want one.

Anything that goes on two wheels has its place in the world. Love, peace, unity and all that. Here, have a spoonful out of my granola bowl.
    I'm not being silly, I'm being honest...and that's what some of you guys should start doing about the scooter issue instead of wimping out on the "let's not offend anyone on two wheels" excuse.

That's the problem with men these days- very few of them will take a stand for what they believe...they would rather elect a woman to do it!! (Does Ms Clark ride a scooter? I think not!!)

BTW- who on this site rides a scooter apart from DebK? (& she wants to upgrade to a real bike soon)

Zed

Bike
    gone
    Scooters are great. If I lived in Auckland I'd have one for sure. Just to save the wear and tear on my bike. And convenience.

I'd say in many respects it's a little stupid to commute on a great big powerful sportbike that is just cooking in traffic and burning out the clutch, has feck all lockable storage, is more likely to be knocked over or nicked.

Thread Information