Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Scooters!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by georgedubyabush
    Scooters are great. If I lived in Auckland I'd have one for sure. Just to save the wear and tear on my bike. And convenience.

I'd say in many respects it's a little stupid to commute on a great big powerful sportbike that is just cooking in traffic and burning out the clutch, has feck all lockable storage, is more likely to be knocked over or nicked.
    That's okay- I respect your opinion.

...so that could be you going over the Auckland harbour bridge in the attached photo? Do you see me? No, of course you don't...I've already crossed the bridge and am nearly home!

Zed

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Zed......mate..... I don't know what to say to some of the things you have said really lol

I used to ride a scooter around town and love it. Obviously I am not a proper scooter fanatic but after trying them out I have a respect for them. They definetly have their purpose in the world IMO. If you tried it Zed and had an open mind about it, just maybe, you might like it as well

oh yea, HC used to ride a step through back in the days and she reckons it was a great way to get around. It was a honda something, possibly 50 or 90 cc.

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    So you can't get your knee down
    Sorry to correct you there but..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scoot1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	1100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoot2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	1101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scoot3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	1102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scoot4.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	1103  

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer
    Zed......mate..... I don't know what to say to some of the things you have said really lol

I used to ride a scooter around town and love it. Obviously I am not a proper scooter fanatic but after trying them out I have a respect for them. They definetly have their purpose in the world IMO. If you tried it Zed and had an open mind about it, just maybe, you might like it as well

oh yea, HC used to ride a step through back in the days and she reckons it was a great way to get around. It was a honda something, possibly 50 or 90 cc.
    Well I've riden them too Motorracer and favour a ten speed or mountain bike over them anyday. What, don't you think I know what I'm talking about when I say scooters suck the kumara? You go on admiring them, not that I think you give them a second look like you do a real bike when you see them...and you don't have to say anything about what I have said, just realise that there are people in this world who think differently than you. But don't belittle me if you disagree with me like several guys on this site...okay mate.

Zed
    Last edited by Zed; 23rd February 2004 at 21:24. Reason: re-word

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    Ok I give up

BTW: I wasn't trying to force my views on to you. I just thought you never tried them is all

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer
    Ok I give up

BTW: I wasn't trying to force my views on to you. I just thought you never tried them is all
    Give up on what? This ain't no competition to see who can endure the longest and say the smartest things...I appreciated what you said, even if I disagreed with you!

Say whatever you want to say, but be prepared to take some back if you give it out.

Zed

I think Zed has a deep seated problem with scooters - perhaps something traumatic happened in his childhood,something horrible,unspeakable,and,and...it concerned a...a...shhhh - SCOOTER!!!!!

He needs therapy,and perhaps some of us on this site could help - maybe a scooter rider...like DebK for instance - perhaps she could take him for a nice quiet drive in the country...in her car...with a voice recorder on,then we could hear him bite his tongue and swallow it.

Um....after we hose the ''car'' out,I would kinda,uh,grovel for the same teatment.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Suzuki DR650
    PMPL!!!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    I think Zed has a deep seated problem with scooters - perhaps something traumatic happened in his childhood...
    My childhood was fine, things went haywire when I met Wkid & you Motu!

He needs therapy,and perhaps some of us on this site could help - maybe a scooter rider...like DebK for instance -
    Yes, DebK seems to be the only one on the WHOLE SITE who rides a scooter, well technically it's a scooter and a glorified one at that. She's upgrading soon though...

Motu & fellow scooter lovers keep on defending them if you please , even ride one if you dare, but keep out of my way on the road in the mornings because I eat scooters for breakfast!

Zed

Bike
    gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    That's okay- I respect your opinion.

...so that could be you going over the Auckland harbour bridge in the attached photo? Do you see me? No, of course you don't...I've already crossed the bridge and am nearly home!

Zed
    Well good for you.
    If youre gonna get into the hypotheticals, then yeah, you are already home, while my bike has been at home all day in the shed and isnt wasted on a commute. But at least you can be pleased with yourself in getting home before a scooter huh. I just think that is completely missing the point of them.

Yeah sure, if you have to go on the motorway (which most likely do), no, I wouldnt want a scooter. A friend of mine has a scooter in Auckland and says he wants a bike. I tell him straight up that for the commuting he does (Remuera to CBD around the waterfront) he is better off keeping the scooter.

Hey,imagine if Jesus came back - riding a scooter...in sandals

Would Zed convert? to a Vespa?
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Sold
    Hey,imagine if Jesus came back - riding a scooter...in sandals

Would Zed convert? to a Vespa?
    Here we go again, a deeper personal attack on my God. You really don't understand who you are making fun of...but you seem to know something about his 2nd coming?

And how can I make a comeback from that? Who is Motu's God that I might make a joke of him...I know, it is Motu!!! Motu worships himself and bows down to the mirror every day 3 times a day don't you.

Motu & Wkid must be brothers!

Zed

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by georgedubyabush
    Well good for you.
    If youre gonna get into the hypotheticals, then yeah, you are already home, while my bike has been at home all day in the shed and isnt wasted on a commute. But at least you can be pleased with yourself in getting home before a scooter huh. I just think that is completely missing the point of them.

Yeah sure, if you have to go on the motorway (which most likely do), no, I wouldnt want a scooter. A friend of mine has a scooter in Auckland and says he wants a bike. I tell him straight up that for the commuting he does (Remuera to CBD around the waterfront) he is better off keeping the scooter.
    Not wasted on a commute?? Oh I see, you're one of these weekend only riders?

Also, it sounds like your mate has the right idea...give him my number if he wants some good advice about bikes.

Zed

Bike
    2001 Suzuki RF 400
    ...you sound like an old woman!
    Zed
    and you Zed sound like the nasty grumpy intolerant self-opinionated old man you reveal yourself to be. Post after post.

I take exception to your perjorative reference to old women because I am one. CRONES like me OVERTAKE old men like you in many ways....

You don't like scooters ? Aw, shucks, poor diddums.

Mummy will make them all go away...... (not).

Everything is always okay in the end.
    If it's not, then it's not The End.

Bike
    2001 Suzuki RF 400
    (Does Ms Clark ride a scooter? I think not!!)Zed
    If you, real hard-arsed hard -core biker that you claim to be Zed, was paying proper attention, you would know that Ms Helen Clark did indeed ride A SCOOTER to University, in her student days.

I saw it myself, in the BMW "Vrooom" exhibition on display in the Auckland War Memorial Museum a few years ago. I recall it was red, in excellent condition for its age, and obviously well-loved.

More than you can say, Zed.

Everything is always okay in the end.
    If it's not, then it's not The End.

Thread Information