Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Silly Scooters!

Bike
    Started looking for a new one

.oO!Yeah!Oo.

Leave the forums for a while (very busy at the mo) and suddenly there are positive comments on this thread. Cool. Glad to read it.

My scoot has to go to the shop tomorrow (Richards Motorcycles in Johnsonville) as the fan is coming on often and the water temp light lit up briefly today. Uh oh... might just find out how expensive imported Italian bits are now
    Someday we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    You've been busy doing pretty well from what we hear Deb.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Started looking for a new one

Cheers

Hey Merv,

Doin' okay but can always do better, huh. Head to Invercargill next week for Southland Rally and am rearing to go.

Hope the scoot is okay though...
    Someday we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..

Silly scooters

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    And thats exactly what they are built for. Perfect!!!
    Yer all full of shit - it's STYLE that counts and you can't get better style than a tassled jacket, steel cap boots, black open face helmet, fingerless gloves and if that's what you wear when on your scooter then you're OK by me!!!!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    What about crashes I think you would be a lot better off on a bike than a scooter. Larger weight and heigher up and more between you and what you hit.

Also I travel to Massey here in Palmy and there's this 70k area that you have to go through which most scooters can't reach that speed. This is quite dangerous as lots of cage drivers zip past very closely to them at 20k+ over most of the scooters speed. I think I would be too scared to ride a scooter, its a wonder there aren't more accidents.

David

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dhunt
    What about crashes I think you would be a lot better off on a bike than a scooter. Larger weight and heigher up and more between you and what you hit.

Also I travel to Massey here in Palmy and there's this 70k area that you have to go through which most scooters can't reach that speed. This is quite dangerous as lots of cage drivers zip past very closely to them at 20k+ over most of the scooters speed. I think I would be too scared to ride a scooter, its a wonder there aren't more accidents.

David
    The last place I want to be when I crash is anywhere near my bike or scooter for that matter.

DebK's scooter would pretty close in performance to your NV400 too, so not all scooters are 50cc models that can't do 70k.

If car drivers can't moderate their behaviour around other road users then I would suggest that would be a good example of bad driving, rather than scooters being inappropriate transport in a largely flat university town.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    It will also only be a matter of time before of 1000cc scoot comes out.....

Bike
    2002 Suzuki FXR150
    Most scooters are slow, with shitty brakes, bouncy suspension and skinny tyres. Otherwise ALL GOOD!

Ah well, I've had mine for over a year and haven't come off it yet (touch wood), although my little brother has.

Still, if you're careful, beats the bus any day!
    And the underseat storage is choice

Getting a real bike, with manual gears and everything ( ) soon...

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries

Hang on now, your all being stupid

Sorry to those of you who arent but i just noticed a few things and id thought i better set things right.

a) i had 1 accident off road at about 10K, into a tree - since then i have always worn a GOOD helmet. If u have a $20 head buy a $20 helmet

b) Those super funny looking bight leathers do a job, they make you get SEEN!!!
    6 months ago, after completely fixing up my cafe' Racer single, i was takin out (i was doing 30K, he T'd me at about 20k) on my way into uni but someone who didnt SEE ME!!! I can no longer run anymore than about 100m without collapsing in pain cos i have a titanium rod holding my shattered tibia together. There is nothing they can do with my nerve damage though. So all of you who thinks its a bad idea can bite me

c) I dont care if they ride a scooter or a Harley - if you do more than about 5ks you need protective gear - cos when someone takes you out it doesn matter a fudge wot speed you were doing.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Damn tootin' right, I am petrified if I haven't been for a ride for a while and think of all the potential crashes I could have that are not my fault, it's a scary world out there and you have to do your best NOT to crash - and be protected if you do!!
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas
    Sorry to those of you who arent but i just noticed a few things and id thought i better set things right.

a) i had 1 accident off road at about 10K, into a tree - since then i have always worn a GOOD helmet. If u have a $20 head buy a $20 helmet

b) Those super funny looking bight leathers do a job, they make you get SEEN!!!
    6 months ago, after completely fixing up my cafe' Racer single, i was takin out (i was doing 30K, he T'd me at about 20k) on my way into uni but someone who didnt SEE ME!!! I can no longer run anymore than about 100m without collapsing in pain cos i have a titanium rod holding my shattered tibia together. There is nothing they can do with my nerve damage though. So all of you who thinks its a bad idea can bite me

c) I dont care if they ride a scooter or a Harley - if you do more than about 5ks you need protective gear - cos when someone takes you out it doesn matter a fudge wot speed you were doing.
    Thats what your doing wrong you think cars cant see you..... THEY CANT. No matter what people dont see you weather your on a bike or scooter even if you have fluro orange leathers...... you need to have eyes for the cages as well as your self..
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Thread Information