Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A_tention KB Memburs who race

Bike
    XJR1300/EC250/SRX600/TLR250/MuZ660/KLX45
    I first started racing MX in 1975 then moved on to Hare scrambles and enduros until 1981. I tried a bit of road racing but lacked self control and crashed at Manfield so stuck to Dirt bikes. I flipped a 3 wheeler in 81 and retired from racing and bought a road bike (XJ650)
    But I had made a promise to myself at age 25 that I would still be racing when I turned 50 so I bought an XR650 in 2001 and got back into it. I am now doing hare scrambles and Enduros and raced in my first MX since 81.
    Racing aginst Tim Gibbes back in 1978 was the inspiration to be back in the game now.

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    I'm Daniel, 16, #132, did 5 races in junior motard with the Wellington Bucket racers and did ok, caught up with the kid an the flasher bike than mine towards the end (he had a '04 KX85, I had a 95 KX80 with no powervalve). Ended up quitting motard despite loving it because I out-grew the bike.

Then I got some really poor advice for what to do next. I wanted a bike that could be used on the road and raced, and I was looking at something like a road legal RMX/KDX. I ended up with my CBR after everyone convinced me to do streetstock and buy a 250 as 150s were crap. I got my licence fairly easily so then I decide to do round 1 of the VMCC champs. It was a shocker. I did well getting to the front and annihilated the RGs and KRs, got a 2:22 lap time on the long track, only I crashed twice wrecking the crankcase and fairings. Took 6 months of being dicked around by panel beaters to fix it.

Now I'm looking to sell the 250 as I don't want to race a $5500 bike and write it off when I could race a $1500 bike that’s just as competitive. Hopefully I'll get back into racing on Jindaworm’s old RG that I brought off him a few weeks ago

Also looking to race minimotos on the side

Bike
    2005 GN250
    This is who I was for the begining of this year: Motoracer

My plans mentioned on that site are not valid anymore as my plans have now changed, hence I took it down.

I will be creating a more professional website with my new plans very soon. So I will keep you guys updated.

For the time being, please refer to my old website given in the hyperlink above to get a rough idea of who I am and go through some pictures/race reports in there if you like.

Thank you for your interest.

Sudeep

Bike
    Not many, if any

Me...

OBJECTIVES
    As a motorcycle racer my goal is to be as competitive as possible
    At the moment I’m aiming for a reputable Formula 3 placing in the ‘05/‘06 National Road Race Series, and to use that as a stepping stone for my future goals, to prove to myself, and sponsors that I have what it takes to race in Formula 2.

To compete in, and win a national series in Formula 2. –Beyond that I will go as far as I possibly can, without ruling out the international scene.

RACING EXPERIENCE
    2 years competing in over 15 race meetings in Formula 3 on a tired VFR400 NC30.
    I have recently joined “No Hair Racing” race team and am currently racing a FZR400 (with 450cc kit) in Formula 3.

RACING HIGHLIGHTS
    2nd in Auckland Motorcycle Club Champs 04/05 season.
    Competed at Paeroa in the Battle of the Streets series.
    Competed in the John Britten Memorial Race 2004.

RIDING EXPERIENCE
    I started riding bikes at age 11 on a ’73 SL125, I then moved thru an XL125, XR200, and XR250 until I turned 15 in 2000, that was when I bought and rebuilt my first road bike – a Honda CB250RS soon to be followed by two GPz750‘s one turbo charged and one not.

When I was 16 in I bought my first road race bike, a ZXR400 but unfortunately I never got a chance to race it and instead came across the VFR400 NC30. This became my first dedicated race bike, and I soon ended up buying one for street riding in the weekends, and as a general spare for parts.

I have been following my father’s footsteps in many respects over the passed few years in particular as he raced in Formula 3 & 2 back in the 70’s & 80’s. Though not racing now, he has been my teacher and mentor not just since starting racing, but from day1 on the SL125.

More recently I have gotten back into some off-road riding again, in an effort to assist my road racing by further increasing my motorcycling skills in general, as well as maintaining good general fitness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LoganFZR2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	320.6 KB 
ID:	20685  

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaka-Kid
    OBJECTIVES
    As a motorcycle racer my goal is to be as competitive as possible
    At the moment I’m aiming for a reputable Formula 3 placing in the ‘05/‘06 National Road Race Series,
    Well i can't do better than that but here's my brief summary.

born in palmy - with both perents into the bikes, speedway, you name it as long as it had motor's, wheels, and went fast. the old man raced sidechairs for a while.

turned 1 - had a plastic bike
    turned 4 - had a homemade mini bike
    turned 6 - 78 RM80
    9 - 87 RM80 and went MX racing

16 - RM125, TS250 road bike - TF100 bucket (which went faster than the 250). pushed the bucket around the NZ GP once it spat the dummy and got 5th in the B class. and finished 6th on club points. Fell off every meeting at manfield on the hairpin on the new section.

17 - CBX250RS - then impluse & GB500, RM125 + and the bucket, tried F3 and local club meeting - but ran out of money to do anything more.
    bucket -Fell off every meeting at manfield on the hairpin on the new section during the winter series.

18 19 20- student / bar prop - just the bucket (new frame), no money and fell off every meeting at manfield on the hairpin on the new section. i didn't like that corner, - had pointed out that there was a section of frame with large washer that was welded on, hit the ground when i got more confident and lifted the rear wheel.... i soon solved that problem.

21 - hit a truck on the southern motorway in auckland (on my GSXR400)- no more racing/riding untill NOW.
    27 Just moved back to palmy (god knows why, only due to work) and have alittle extra money, and a garage. so it time to get back into it again.

The Plan
    1. next 6 months - ride the bucket
    2. save some money - buy a F3 bike and try again.
    (ten years to late) but thats the fun of life.

Bert

Bike
    2000 Ducati 900SS
    Hi folks, I race a 600 Ducati in Post Classics - race number 8. Come and say hello next time you're at the track. I race mostly at Pukekohe although I may go to Taupo more often when the track extension is complete. See you later

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55-8a0-3348.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	20775

Bike
    KTM300EXC

Still wanna

Well I haven't raced since May this year but will race again soon. Having a new baby boy has distracted me for the moment but once he's old enough I'll be back. Soon.

I'm 31 and definately have no aspirations to do anything other than have fun. My professional racing ambition died, when age 18 I raced the likes of the Kings et al at the Woodville GP and nationals, and realised how big the gulf was between my speed and a pro's speed (I mean a real pro not fast mx riders in the pro class). A good race for me at that level was when Shayne and Daryl only lapped me once. I just don't got the skills. So fun it was.

I've raced at local expert/pro motocross level for nearly 20 years, but last year took my first go at road racing a RGV250 in F3, doing the PMCC series. Finished 4th overall and kept getting better which really pleased me, and would love to get back into it soon.

Looking forward to Hampton downs becoming a reality - I don't enjoy Puke.

Name:	rgv1.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	21004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rgv2.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	21005  

Bike
    Hayabusa GSXR 1300 06 SV 650 Race bike

KB Racer!

Hi my name is Rob. I am 45, started racing a few monthes ago in F3 on a stock GSXR 400, my bike is in stock colours and is no.196. I have raced in round 1 & 2 at puke and round 1 at Taupo, having a ball. On average i am 16th on the track. Hoping to do a little better at Taupo on the 11th. Got shit loads to learn but really enjoying the challange.

Bike
    A bike! yes its a bike and the others...
    Fluffy Cat

Started racing last season on the NSR250 was fun but kept going bang!.
    Also used the Aprilia RS250 when the NSR was dead.The RS was much down on power but handled just as well.
    Was living in hope that the NSR would be ready for this season but it still needs a new crank and gearbox bearings but it did well considering its age.The RS is now almost race ready but but but then i had to buy a FZR400sp he he!.
    The FZR is sort of almost might possibly be ready.
    Any way do it for fun and developing the bikes er whats a sponsor?.
    Will probably make it to next season ifffffffff............

Name:	DSC01975.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	21274   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pukekohe HQ 024_0001.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	21275  

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Dave here. I’ve been racing Buckets for 16 years & that might make me 37, but I can’t believe that.

Started out on an MB50 which was pig slow & handled dreadfully. It was also unreliable & as I was on a paupers budget ran on 2nd hand parts. Loopy once offered to clean up my leathers. They came back with DNF DAVE on the back of them.

This was almost a catalyst & as I learnt more about 2 stroke tuning & a few dollars came to hand & were spent a bit more wisely things started to improve. Up unto the point where the bike was pretty much the fastest around. Things moved on & people caught up. My riding started to improve slowly as the bike would run long enough to actually learn something. This was back in the days of Ohakea airforce base racing. In my first GP I came 13th in the 50 class & was rapt. haha.

The call of the better handling RG50 could be ignored no longer. By now I could afford one ($400) & it was tuned to super peaky, but once again probably the fastest. It was also pretty damn reliable.

Again others caught up & got faster still. Recently I have developed the RG for likely the last time, (it must be at its limit of development), more power & RS125 chassis.

I also built a H100 just for fun, but that has been sold to make way for a new 100. Motivation to finish it this time, albeit differently than how I planned when I put an MB100 engine into an RS125, must be 7, maybe 8 years ago.

So far won the 2004 F5 GP (national Bucket)
    2nd 2005,
    2nd 2003
    3rd 2002

erm & about 2 more 3rds & a 2nd over the years
    + 3rd F4 class, maybe twice.

& a fair few club champs.

My ambition is to ride as well as I did in 2003 keep doing so.

Name:	F5 Dave.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	21858  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    97' RS125, 97 TZ125, '91 KDX200

Red face Racer nut who owns 4 bikes....

Hey,

My name is Leo and I'm a 25yo girl racing 125GP bikes.
    I've been racing for about 3 to 4 years now. I started when I was a poor student on a TZ125 which I use to crash approximately 50% of the time. I have now brought an RS125 which is a little quicker but handles slightly worse (tries to chuck me off even more often). Thankfully I have learnt a bit in my time and now only crash occasionally. My fiberglassing talent is non-existant so I'm trying to keep the Honda and its purty fairings upright.
    The first year I started racing I won clubmans at the Pacific club, since then I have won 125GP class for the Vic Club, come 3rd in the 125GP class for the pacific club (after missing 2 rounds) and missed out by 2 points winning the Auckland club 125GP class. Generally I'm pretty slow though, and since I don't have any balls, I'm not quite aggressive enough when 20 bikes are all heading into turn 1 at once.
    Through racing I have met many great super helpful people who provide lots of tips when I'm trying to tune the bike into oblivion so I would like to say thanks to all fellow racers out there.
    I'm always in the pits somewhere so stop and say hi next time you're wandering past.

Name:	Picture 017.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	856.1 KB 
ID:	22333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	811.4 KB 
ID:	22334  

Bike
    xs400 -
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo
    Stevo, 29, farmer. I race quad bikes. Does that count???

Would love to race on the seal track too, but cannot afford the time or the dosh
    TEll me morre and I"ll see .. udder-wise .. .. <== ie - DE-leted ...
    THe hand's farster than the eye ... keepan eye onda feet .. .

Bike
    BSA A10

Warwick #83

In the early eighties a street race was held in Sydenham and I saw my first live sidecar races and decided I had to have a go at that, it took about 17 years for that to happen

I used to do the odd “have a go day” with a view to starting motorcycle racing but for a whole bunch of reasons didn’t get started I’d done the odd bucket race at the Carr’s road Kart track while I was involved with racing Karts and thought that it would be a good low cost way to get a taste for it

Glen lent me a bike to use for the last meeting off the 2001 season on Ruapuna B track and for the next season I ran one of Diesel Pigs bikes for a few meetings, until Glen sold me his championship winning GN125 on which I had a pretty average season while I learnt to ride a bit better, but at the end of the season sharing the bike with Diesel Pig we finished 2nd in the 2002 Battle of the Buckets 1 hour at B track

About that same time I finally got the chance to go sidecar racing teaming up with Phil Garrett who was also just starting and had a whole 2 meetings more experience than me, the outfit we rode was lent to Phil by Colin Hooper and was affectionately know as “Battletruck” weighing in at 320kg it was a bit overweight

Our first time out I was horrified it ran like crap and shook like a bastard under brakes and I decided if it didn’t get any better than that I wouldn’t waste my time with these things, but a few sessions in the shed later and it was all sweet, we did plenty of practice sessions and a demo at the Hokitika street race and then we entered our first season of racing

In our first season of racing we ran away with it, unbeaten in all the points races and running second in the NZGP beating a heap of the more established teams who couldn’t believe we could get an old outfit and engine going that fast

In the meantime back in the buckets me and Diesel Pig were head to head for the championship with him taking it by 4 points after a series of costly mistakes on my part and the 2003 season was pretty much a repeat of that as well

Phil decided he would use someone else for the following season and I was asked by Kelly ( Chic N Charge) to ride with her as she didn't have a full time
    passenger, we did our first meeting together at the Timaru/King of Canterbury winter series in July 2002 and after a slow start and a dnf or two things started to click and we finished second or third in every race and collected our first trophies together for King of Levels/Canterbury and King of Ruapuna, Unfortunately at the last round of King of Ruapuna we crashed which saw me sliding down the track and Kelly break her ankle which meant we missed the national rounds together, I did however get to do a couple of the Ruapuna races on a long outfit with Murray Bowden from the North Island

In the buckets things have gone downhill with breaking a wrist and having a seson off then coming back for 2005 and not really being able to get back into it as much has I used to due to engine blowups and not spending a lot of time on my own bike but my new engine is just about ready and there’s a FXR150 in the pipeline so the buckets are looking good again

I’ve also raced in the BEARs sound of thunder and Pre82 when given the chance and on borrowed bikes as it’s pretty rare for me to turn down any opportunity to race something and currently there is a RD400 in the garage accumulating dust while I source parts for it to make it a Pre82 race bike

Myself and Diesel pig were lent an outfit by Kelly to race and were doing ok on it in the 2005 racing with me having a go in the riders seat after spending the last few years hanging off the side off one and we were doing ok on it, in the meantime we have purchased a chassis and a 03 R1 motor to go in with our long term plan being a serious go at the National Championship and the Battle of the streets

This year it’ll be back on the bucket and hopefully a few away meetings as well as the local rounds, and I’ll be racing the Levels and Ruapuna rounds of the 2006 National Motorcycle Championship as a swinger with Alex McDonald who is quite new to the sport and has been getting a bit of coaching from myself and others involved down here

Race Results

2001 King of Ruapuna (Sidecar with Phil Garrett)
    Battle of the Buckets 1 hour 2002 2nd (shared with Diesel Pig)
    George White Memorial trophy 2002 1st (Sidecar with Phil Garrett)
    NZGP 2002 2nd (Sidecar with Phil Garrett)
    Buckets Winter Series Ruapuna 2002 2nd (to Diesel Pig)
    King of Levels 2003 3rd (Sidecar with Kelly Gates)
    King of Ruapuna 2003 2nd (Sidecar with Kelly Gates)
    King of Canterbury 2003 2nd (Sidecar with Kelly Gates)
    Buckets Winter Series Ruapuna 2003 2nd (to bloody Diesel Pig again)
    King of Levels 2004 3rd (Buckets)

Since then I’ve broken a wrist fallen on my head at Nelson and generally had a bad time of it but next season with the new Bucket and the Sidecar I’ll be turning it around and running at the front again

Name:	posing for a pic.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	23523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kelly & Warwick.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	23524   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T Bone.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	23526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W & D.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	23527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	racing 0101.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	23528  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    Glyn Stephens here.

I race as #73 where I can, in 150 street stock.

I have only just started, with my fastest time around Ruapuna at 2:12.915 on the sunday of my first and only race meet. I qualified 18th out of 26 which I was pretty pleased with.

Because I have only just started, i have no sponsors, or titles or anything, but I had a really great time and will be down there again.
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    moped
    Hi rustys here ,been riding bikes all my life, have seven bikes at the moment,cant fit any more in the shed. joined the old farts club "ulysses"15 years ago got sick and tired of running up and down the sealed roads of nz, Did some serious adventure riding a few years ago North and South Is on the back country roads, and now since the boys in blue are coming down hard on bikes and speed in general, i took up racing 3 years ago,"go hard" on the track in a much safer inviroment with no worries of tickets etc and can consentrate on your riding much better,and now i just cruise on the open road. Ive raced three seasons with the pacific club series and three season with the victoria club series at manfield. Raced paeroa last year and will be this year, also did Wanganui this year. I am not a serious racer i just love to be out there mixing it, with you young bucks. enjoy the camaraderie of all the people that put ther machines on the track great bunch and ive made some great friends. Best of luck to all you other K B ers for next weekend see you there. Iam only a young 59 year old racing a 1989 zxr 400 kwaka in F3 and post classics pre 89 classes eh eh eh and somtimes kicking your arsses!

Name:	IMG_0402.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	674.8 KB 
ID:	25781  

Thread Information