Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A_tention KB Memburs who race

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Lot of people race on this site !!! and I tthought I was an old bugger ...made me feel heaps better !
    Anyway I always wanted to race, have been the spannerman at a few meetings Raced a few Enduros , one on a flouroresent green XL500 , then came over to Japan and a couple of years back a friend and I were stiiting round watching crusty demons and decided that would be the thing , buy a couple of cheap MX bikes , give the sport ago and if we didnt like it, well we havent lost much
    He didnt like it, I was hooked ( again?)
    Its been every weekend and sometimes during the week days for the last 2 years
    Crashes , 2 big ones, one where the throttle stuck open powering up the face of the jump , result mashed ring finger , the other I cant remember , I went for the jump , someone squared the corner in front of me and there was a big thump and the lights went out ,,,No damage to body but the top of the forks were missing.
    So I have decided that untill my fitness improves .theres no point in going for the holeshot , I prefer enduro , much more civilised !!
    Looking at the planner on the wall this year, the first race is the end of march , with a race every month till August ( if I can cope with the japanese summer )
    2 races in NZ in september , if the boss swings for the time off work, havent taken my holidays in 3 years so he should!
    Then back to japan
    Highlights

2 in the 4 hour iron man enduro , and the middle of last year I stopped getting lapped by that pesky 12 yr old on that new fangled briggs and scrap iron ( I untied the knot on the pull start rope, that slowed him down a bit )

I have come to realise what I like doing and have spent a LOT of time ( As in A LOT ) of time mucking around with the suspension and finding out what makes it tick , found it to be a facinating subject , so next year I will do some more natural terrain MX ( the supercross track they use here is to much for me ) and Enduro , and try to lift the bar in terms of presentation and proffesionalism
    See my signiture , ( I had a crack at Html in order to publish a web page to keep people informed ,,,all learning )
    Anyway If you do see a clapped out old Honda with a little tubby rider asleep infront of the bike , dont move me. just carry on round the track and tell the track marshal that the Honda rider has fallen off again , he will know what to do

Stephen
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    1991 Yamaha TZ250
    I've been racing buckets for a while, about 18 months on a GS125 and a GP125 stroker, which was much faster. Had some good battles at Ruapuna with the Christchurch crowd (dangerous! you too!).

Just bought a Yam TZ250 from the NZ 250GP champ Karel Pavich (not the one she won on!) and starting to race that too. Done one weekend on it so far, but still to race it properly.
    I did go to Ruapuna this last weekend, did the practice session, then slipped a bloody disc in my back, so I'll have to wait a while longer to race it proper.

BTW, before someone says that i can't use the photo, I've already bought it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sell my bike? I'd rather shove wasps up my arse!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I'm Drew, #42 (Yip, that's the answer to, life, the universe and everything.(for those old enough to remember that)), been racing for two months, in post classics, on me '87 FZR 750.

Goal to start with was the title, but it turns out I aint that fast, so the new goal is to keep DEANO behind me at all times.

Him, MIKEY, and myself make up TEAM PISTON BROKE RACING.

New goal is also having a crack on MIKEY'S GIXXER 600 in F2, but I'm sure that will end up with me realising more equall machinery still dont have me on the podium.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First stand ups.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	199.2 KB 
ID:	41047  
    Last edited by Drew; 7th September 2006 at 16:02. Reason: Forgot me photo's

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Hey all!! I'm Aria, 22y/o #03. I started racing in july 06'. Had my first race at Manfield in the Vic Club Series, Rnd 3 in Clubmans took a 3rd/4th(??dont remember) over all for the day. Had Rnd 4 in Aug 06' in which I got 2nd for the day. so im stoked as and having such AWESOME fun!! I cant stop!
    I have a few goals that id like to achive
    ..Do well in the Nationals coming up..will be in F3 by the sounds of it
    ..I'd like to complete some of the Street Races
    ..I want to have a go competing in F2 on a competitive bike before I go to the USA next year (anyone keen to lend me one, feel free )
    ..I'm going to race in the States(maybe Euro) next year, and hopefully see some great results
    ..Get sponsors (Dont be shy now)

Hmm theres probably more but thats it for now..

Cheers,
    Aria
    Biker Babe...
    I Ride Like A Girl...
    Quote Originally Posted by deano
    Rossi Girl....My idol!!!!
    Silly Boys, Bikes are for Girls!

Bike
    dirty ns2fiddyr
    ooh, me!!
    I'm Jonno, had bikes for ages, wached racing for ages... Bought meself a gixxer 600 which was far too immaculate too race, then went, Bah stuff it, started doing track days, crashed it, and decided I should actually try to go faster.

Did my first race Rd3 VMCC actrix 2006, and was nearly beat by Aria, so decided I better get a motoring!

Been keen to race the cemetary circuit forever, and as they say, there is no time like the present!

So 1st (by default) in clubmans B first ever race (Mikey was entered, but was way faster, so was thrown into A)

One DNF (damn esses) and one 1st in rd 4 clubmans A, and I can't wait for Rd 5, cause I am entering in f1 and f2!!! Oh bugger! Scared, but aspirations are climbing rapidly!!!

Love every second of it, learning to pull wheelies now, ultimate goal is to be able to wheelie across the finish line! LOL

New bike for me when I can do 1:14s short track at manfeild, thats 4 seconds to go, but I'll do it!

Damn, this racing bizzo is good at emptying the bank accounts!!!

Thanks from me to Holeshot Motorcycles, who are helping me out on the parts front!
    They are real good guys, go see them!

Also Quasimoto leathers, road tested, now, thanks to me track tested, and standing up well!
    Boyd hh er Suzuki are my heroes!
    The best deals, all the time!

Bike
    96 Honda RS125
    Hi everyone I'm Tim McArthur I'm 18, and started racing on an RG150 #111, then made the jump to 125GP and that lasted three meetings until I was knocked off at Levels and broke my ankle, took a while to get back into it, (via F3 running an NSR250) but now I'm all fixed and back into it(RS125 again), at this stage I plan on doing the full nationals to see how I go.
    PM me or email me at mail@timmcarthur.co.nz for $45 knee sliders incl GST and shipping

Bike
    cbr1000rr7 road. KTM400exc dirt.
    Edit: updated the whole rambling post.

Ok from the beginning again. About 27 years ago my parents entered me in a toddlers plastic bike race, but mine was a 'push with feet' model and i got blown away by the bikes with pedals. I wasnt duanted by this early thashing and when i grew up abit i started having some friendly bmx races around a dirttrack over the back fence, unforunatly progress got in the way and our loverly track turned into a street full of houses. The years continued past and the bikes got bigger, untill finally about 12 years ago i got one with a motor.

First bike was a yz125, (two stroke dirtbike) and as you can imagine, I had many one-on-one races with friends on their dirtbikes. Sometime later i entered a fifty frenzy or two, and with my team, managed to earn my first trophy (a printed ribbon, 1st place team) Dirtbikes came and went and roadbikes did the same. Somewhere along the line i tryed bucket racing but i found the bike too slow and the carpark track didnt really do it for me, plus i couldnt really afford to race at the time, so all i managed was about three races in which i overheated the bike and rooted the cam bearings, due to lack of maintinence, and that was my bucket career.

More bikes come and go, and most recently i obtained a 94cbr600. After riding a xlr250 dirtbike for a year or more on the road, the 600 felt like a rocket. Just to get it road legal i had to buy, tires, brake pads, chain and sprockets, headset bearings. Ontop of that i replaced the mashed front fairing and brought a race exhaust. Then i got introduced to taupo track days, and had the time of my life. More money spent, New clutch, new spark plugs, oil and oil filters. Then came the big day, first actul race meeting on the bike, more money spent, performance oil filter with drilled nut already on it, a new sump plug cause i ruined one trying to drill it, race numbers stuck on! Can of V for a catch bottle.

Well the big day rolled around and i surprised myself with a 3rd in qualifying, and surprised myself even more by getting infront for a couple laps in race one. I managed to get the second fastest lap time but never finshed because i highsided in the 5th lap (which means all the girls beat me) I learnt from it and it wont stop me racing, sprained ankle and all im trying to get my bike ready for the P.M.C.C taupo series coming up. So you guessed it, more money to spend, got a fibreglass race tail so i can hang off the bike more, new tires and this time im getting race sport ones. And damage repairs from the highside about $200 inculding new screen, new brake cylinder cap, and fibreglass to fix front fairing.

Pic1 me on my 94cbr600, pic2 on a 02cbr600

Name:	134med.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	42220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	579med.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	42221  

Bike
    cbr1000rr7 road. KTM400exc dirt.
    Some more pics, V.M.C.C round 6 taupo, clubmans class.
    #1 moments after the green flag, Apparantly that IS RossiGal about to get holeshot on corner one.
    #2 Me in front, RossiGal putting the hex on me from a safe distance.
    #3 Still infront but getting beyond my own limits
    #4 bugger got passed by my team mate.
    Luckly i crashed down the back where no one could see it.

Name:	IMG_0033.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	44245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	44246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0044.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	44247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0051.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	44248  

Bike
    HRC HONDA RS125
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Im Sam flynn i havnt actually been racing long a good friend of mine Jay Lawerence got me into buckets and i wore a whole through his road pants! So i thought i should really give it a go!
    I started really first on buckets then got a ride on an rg150 street stock it was awesome until i was lacking speed, so thats how i have ended up on my first HONDA RS125 91, that really filled that loss of speed with a tight heavy braking fast little bike, unfortunitely i am starting to get competitive on them so i have just bought Sam Smiths ex aussie 2000 model HONDA RS125 which i havnt yet ridden.
    Well thats it not long not short but enough for a good read, thanks for putting up with it,
    Sam Flynn #43
    HOPE TO SEE YOU OUT ON THE TRACK SOON!
    S@M #12

Bike
    2010 Yamaha XT250, 2008 BMW F650 Dakar
    Hi all. I'm Jill. #219. Started racing in April of this year in Clubmans. Managed to crash my borrowed bike on the first lap of the first race I did (apparently Valentino Rossi did the same thing so maybe there's hope yet...). After that I managed two fairly ordinary performances in F3 on my SV650 before taking the winter off. Got back on at the last round of the VMCC winter series in F3 and nearly managed to beat Deano in the first race much to his horror! Managed an 11th, 7th and a 6th in F3 at PMCC Round 1 a few weeks ago and I'm looking forward to more racing over summer.

I'm far too old to be winning anything but if I can keep those young fella's on their toes I'll be happy...

Name:	Keystone.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	45867  
    Exploring pastures anew...

Bike
    2007 GSXR 600
    Hi I am Alex. Just started racing street stock on the little 250. Thanks to kicking and road rash for getting me into it.

So if ya see a little cbr (#114 at the moment) out there making an ass of themself that will be me.

If any of you other guys out there see something that I need to work on with my riding please let me know

I need all the help i can get

Bike
    '08 zx6r, GP125, '76 T140V
    Hi, I'm Josh..
    this past weekend i got a ride on one of John Conners CB125twin buckets, so now im hooked, and i've got my neighbours XR100 to race.
    Sorry Officer - I wasn't speeding, i was qualifying...

Bike
    A few

Hi from KLM racing Ltd

Hi

mY name is Joe, im 22 and am going to give F3 a go this year in the Vic Club winter series.

Have never raced before, so it should be interesting. Dont really give a toss where I place as its all about cheap thrills for me, just as long as I have someone of a similar skill level to battle against. Am sharing the bike with my little bro dave who will be riding it in clubmans. Other member of KLM racing is Nick (crazylittlehit) who will hopefully be sharing the grid with me on a kawahonda 600.

Have a hory black Hyosung 650 with many crash bungs and will be at as many rounds as I can manage, so come over and say hullo'
    Sargent Major: "Now then, who called the cook a bastard?"
    Small voice from the rear: "Who called that bastard a cook?"

Bike
    Several

Hi,
    I'm Malcolm.

I hang out a fair bit with that vasaline coated bogan above
    I'm pretty much in the same boat - out to have fun.

Probably clubmans for me because im a bit...well...slow!
    not that being slow is a problem because slow to most is fast to me!
    pretty much itching to get out there and have a good time on this odd kawahonda I got.

Hopefully I will be joined buy a crazylittleshit on the same bike, but having much more experiance he is welcome to the faster classes...

Can't wait to get into it, hopfully we will see few of you lot out there.
    Come see us you can't miss the bike! Its green, LOUD and looks like nothing else really....

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Righto, I'm Death_inc and I've attempted to race a couple of times.
    I usta race MX back in the 90's on a '85 KTM 250 MXC with moderate success, never had any money to compete at any national races, but could on a good day see off many fairly accomplished local racers on much later machinery. A back injury took care of any thoughts of making a go of it seriously.
    Had a brief go at stockcars, but never really did much.
    Played around with dragracing on the Gixxer then the ZX12 at the nightwars, and managed to take out the bike section that season. Gave that away due to lack of finances (again), then selling the 12 and wrecking the clutch on the turbo as well. Gonna get back into it when (if) the turbo sees the road again.
    Did a few trackdays, then Loosebruce talked me into doing the last round of last years vic series at taupo, fell off on the first corner of the first practice, but I guess only uphill from here eh? a couple of midish field finishes was enough to get me back.
    Did the last PMCC round a month or so ago with very moderate sucess, highlight of the day was beating Whitetrash in the final race, the only other guy there on an old Dinosaur 750 having a go amoungst the new thous.
    Gonna have a go at the VMCC winter series again this year, maybe attempt to get in the top 10 if I can do enough rounds (funds again....) and if the old Dino (and the bike too) can hold it's own....it'll be interesting....
    I ride an old p.o.s. camo (at this stage) SRAD.750

Name:	197ascd.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	61342  
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Thread Information