Thread: A_tention KB Memburs who race

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis

Smile

Codgyoleracer - Glen Williams

Bike
    avanti sprint
    Hi im Kyle,
    currently having a go in streetstock class on a 93 CBR250RR and enjoying it. I have been only riding a year and im making improvements every time I get out there. if you see me at the winterseries meets say hi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5107.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	61201   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5061.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	61202  

Bike
    2008 Yamaha R6
    Name- Brian Wood
    Age- 37

Born in Wales and lived there for the last 37 years but moved with the family to New Zealand two weeks ago and so far absolutely loving this country and the people. Hope to blend in and get residency, maybe even citzenship in the future.

I've raced for far to long and have the injuries to show it having broken my neck, back, arm, ankle, shoulder, hands as well as many other injuries but racing has me completely and utterly hooked

Raced bikes from GP125 through 600 Supersport (my favorite), Twins and Superbike. I've raced at all levels in the UK from novice club to national and full British Supersport winning two titles in one of the major clubs in the 600 and Overall class in 2005.

I've been lucky enough in the years gone by to win many many races on 600's and Superbikes plus set some lap records and collect some lovely trophies and awards which i'll treasure for ever.

Planning to race in New Zealand and hopefully win some races here with the right backing. I'm easy to spot in the paddock with a shaved head, big nose and welsh accent and also the bike will be running with a reminder of my country of birth, having some welsh flags on show.

Anyone out there who may be interested in getting involved with my racing adventure's in a new country, please don't hestiate to get in touch with me.

Equally anyone who fancies a bike chat over a pint or six let me know, we're in the Howick area.

Oh yeah also play a bit golf....badly if anyones up for a game.

Contact details-

teambwr@hotmail.com
    tel- 09 537 1047 (for next 3 months)
    mobile- 021 223 4484

Bike
    06 Hyosung GT650R
    My names Possum fron Levin in the Manawatu.
    Manfeild is my home track and started racing there about 10 years ago.
    Since then i have been racing on and off but never had the funding to go serious and do nationals.

I've raced a CBR250, RS125's, ZXR400 and my lastest is the new Hyosung 650R which i am happily promoting on behalf of Levin Motorcycles and Hyosung New Zealand.

We are preparing a full on race Team to contest at Nationals next year so we welcome anyone interested in coming onboard and helping out.

And for those who are looking at racing a Hyosung 650 we have taken upon ourselves to manufacture after market parts and racing fairings, also giving information to help starters out.

I am very approachable so just PM me for any of the above.

Cheers

Possum
    Hyosung GT650R #41

Bike
    tb
    My Name is Tom i ride a VFR400 race bike i am curently doing the vmcc series

Bike
    Tz125M
    My name is Ken I am currently doing my first season in the 125gp class and in which I am riding a Tz125. My current number is 16 however will be changing to 33 for the nationals.
    I started of racing when i was 13 ( I am now 16) on a bucket and in which i rode and worked my way up the rankings and when I started doing really well i.e top 5, I decided to take it another step and got my self a rg150 and started off racing that and I did three meets on that untill I got offered a ride on a 125gp bike, and in which I would have been stupid to turn down. I have funded my racing fully out of my own pocket to get me where I am.

Bike
    Don't ride any
    Maarty van Booma
    One time racer now almost as old as Codgyoleracer!
    24 years racing in NZ, OZ and the UK
    Still involved , team owner and manager these days. Supported by a fantastic group of sponsors:

Yamaha NZ
    Elf Fuels and lubricants
    Dunlop tyres
    Moteo Ridge
    Kiwi Rider Magazine
    Central Metals
    and a lot of others!

Running full kitted 2007 spec TZ125, Ohlins front and rear, Brembo radial brake, full data logging, VHM head and some other secrat stuff!:

and the man every 150SS rider in the south loves to hate!

Bike
    aprilia rsv4
    Hi, Im Vicki, I completed 4 race rounds at VMCC in 2005, nothing last year, and have done 4 rounds so far this season on my RSV mille #86. Somehow managed a first and 2 seconds in there somewhere early on. Before I crashed and broke my useless arm. Also rode in the Cliffhanger Hillclimb for a second in Support class (while wearing my second underwear change for the day LOL), that was some scarey road riding Somehow I manage to ride faster on the road than the track, what the hell is up with that!
    I am taking the reins of a new fully sponsored Ducati 749R (#99) next weekend for it's debut at Manfield round 5. Cant thank my sponsors enough for giving me such an amazing opportunity when Im such a novice rider. The bike has taken shape over the last 4 months and is now blinged with new bits and looking stunning in Satin black (hope I can keep it looking that way for at least a couple of rounds!
    To Kerry from KTL Motorcycle and the Anglo American Motorcycle Club members ....YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!!! I hope in some way I can manage to make you proud.
    Last edited by Joni; 14th September 2007 at 13:18. Reason: Moved from PD into here

Bike
    1980 Suzuki GS 1000

The older I am the faster I am.

Smithy here.
    Started Racing 1978, Manfeild, Honda 400-4. Progressed to evil handling GS 1000, then GS 550. Raced the likes of the Hiscocks, Robert Holden, Sean Donnelly, Bob and Bill Toomey, Croz and co. I was very average and crashed my brains out, luckily with no serious injury. Gave up bikes around 1982.

Got another GS 1000 in 1999. Fully restored it and by 2000 was racing it. Seriously got the bug again, and I am probably riding better now than I ever did in the period. This does not mean I am particularly flash now, just better than then!!! (Good gear helps!!)
    The NZ Post Classic scene is wickedly friendly with heaps of help given from the likes of Vince Sharpe, Sean Donnelly, Robbo Robinson, Alistair Wilton, Chris Costello, to name a few. By 2004 had a full race team going with 3 GS 1000s (Craig Seddon and Dosser McCaffery were the other 2). Pukekohe, Manfeild, Taupo and Phillip island are the tracks I have raced recently, with Phillip Island taking the prize. The place rocks. The 'ol GS puts out around 150hp at the rear wheel now, and occasionally will do a 1'03 at Pukekohe when the old fart riding it concentrates, and Ducatis don't get in my way. (You know who you are, but just kidding Steve!!)

Had quite a few engine blow ups ($$$$) and a wicked over the bars off at Wanganui. (Type in GS 1000 and Wanganui to U Tube and you can see a video of it!!) That left me with a healthy fear of street circuits and a munched shoulder, collar bone and kidney, but they all came right...

Apart from the racing, the people are great in Post Classics, and I can't reccomend the class enough. People like Brian Deadman, Lindsay Pinker, Seddo, Dosser, Dione, Dave and Colleen, Alistair, Vince, Shaga, they really work hard on making the class happen. Deadman (Z Man's) Shed nights are legendary... The Phillip Island yearly trip HAS to be experienced...

Collapse of my business, Pro Weigh Ltd, has put a damper on things, but expect to see the black GS out for the odd meeting this summer, and possibly Phillip Island 2009...

Nice to see so many racing chicks posting on this forum. Wish there were more!!!!

Cheers, Smithy.

Name:	Wanganui 1-e.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	71300   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smith Siberia-1e.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	71301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheelie-1-e.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	71302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smithy-bridge hill-puky-e.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	71304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leading feild-e.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	71305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smithy race-2-e.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	71306  
    Apprentice GS 1000 Race mechanic

Bike
    BMW

Choppa

Hey there! Im sloan aka choppa, i have just started racing on a zx6 i purchased from dave manuell had my first race at taupo at the last round of the vic clubs. I tried to race F2 but they insisted i ride clubmens being my first race... going to puke for the first round of the auckland champs so should get whipped up but thats learning!

I have been racing mx since I was 8 with a bit of success all ruined by injurys, I raced in NZ for ktm for 1 meeting and blew apart my knee I raced in oz for yamaha, in the vic titles i came 3rd in pro open thats prob my best result in the senior ranks and a few small championships here and there but got some real bad burns after gettin stuck under my bike so came home... Had some success in the juniors racing along side the biggest names in mx I was always top 10 and got 2nd in the 125 nats in my last year in jnr.

Gettin a bit old and tired to stay as fit as you need to be for mx so look out F2 hahaha

Bike
    GSXR 750 k6
    Hi I'm Ken, 2007 was the first year of racing for me. I race a 94 cbr600 f2 #27with GSXR SRAD fairings (had to have something that was suzuki!!) Was a fanatastic start to racing. Love the people racing in the Vic Club winter series all really cool friendly people (maybe because I passed very few of them). Looking forward to this season, the bike is soon to be in bits for a good old fashion hot up!

Name:	IMG_3247_1[1].jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	82361   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1000087_1[1].jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	82362  

Bike
    03 Hornet 900, 08 Daytona 675 race bike
    Hi,
    Kevin Waugh, riding since I was 15 - dabbled in racing in mid seventies, round the streets at Hamilton and Manfield but had no clue. Had a couple of goes at the cliffhanger recently and still had no clue so decided I had better do a few track days. They somehow turned into doing the VMCC winter series in Clubman's this year on my street bike.
    I now have 1 clue - just because lowering the tyre pressure a bit improves times a bit , doesn't mean lowering it a lot improves times a lot :-)
    "You never understood that it ain't no good, you shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" - Bob Dylan

Bike
    SV1000S K5 / FZR750/1040
    Graham Lance here, started racing with a '82 GPZ1100 in the pre'82 in the late '90's and lately I've been racing an '88 FZR750 for the last few years in the pre'89 class.
    The NZPCRA is a great bunch of guys (& gals) and I totally agree with smithy - Brian's shed nights are brilliant!!!!!
    For an old fat bugger I'm not doing too bad with 3rd in class 06/07 and maybe one better in 07/08.
    Not a cheap pass time, but wouldn't swap it for anything.
    The new motor is under construction so roll on next season.
    Cheers

Bike
    Kawasaki zx4 `88, Suzuki TL1000S `97

Hi All

Warren here,

Been racing on and off for longer than I can remember. Started in buckets, intoduced my oldest lad to it and now he's out there beating me! Shame on me. Recently repainted the bike and got some new leathers so I wont be recognised, it's my attempt to fool everyone, seems to be working as not many people are trash talking me for my bad results!! LOL.

I have taken on the editor role for the Oily Rag so if anyone has input just send me a message or two or three.

Cheers All.

Bike
    89 zxr400
    Johnathan Wagener.
    Have been racing on and off for the last 9 years (only due to injuries) started life with buckets and raced formula 3 and now postie jnrs, race with and agasint my farther (warren) and has always been a family affair and was very difficult for me to dodge the racing bug
    By the way dad you do seem to forget how much trash talk you have been getting from me lately but i think its enough to make up for everyone alse.
    But would like to thank my partner and mum and dad for giving me the right push when needed over the years or lately and dad for the massive amount of hours he has given me this year with running around after me and bike setup.
    cheers
    Jono

Thread Information